The TrackMania universal forum ^_^
It is currently Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:26 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The top spot in my zone/country has been hijacked
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:11 pm 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN TM2
How is this possible? An English players times are suddenly in the Irish zone. I don't understand how this can happen. He has some great times and is number one on most tracks except a few puzzle tracks practically overnight. Now thats perfectly fine but he is NOT Irish and his times shouldn't be there.

Anybody know what to do or how to go about fixing this? If he is Irish then he has broken every Irish record over night on every track. EVERY track in tmn and tmuf in puzzle, stunt and platform :pil

Last edited by intrepid_war on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A player from another country showed up in mine
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:39 am 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: All (even TM² :D)
Manialink(s): extreme34
Maybe this guy changed this location. This is easy to do.

Visit my manialink (more than 900 maps) : extreme34

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:19 am 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

So anyone with great times can just decide to move their records to Ireland or anywhere they find with weaker times and take over the top spots anytime they want? That kinda defeats the purpose of having zones then doesn't it if good players from other zones can just come in anywhere they want to get an ego boost.

edit: I've checked a few of the records and times and the player has over 15 million SP. he has the world record on star stadium A2 by 8 hundreds of a second somehow. most of his times are of that standard. So why is he in the Irish zone all of a sudden? Something odd about this

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 am 
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF,TMSX,TMN
Manialink(s): jadis
intrepid_war wrote:
So anyone with great times can just decide to move their records to Ireland or anywhere they find with weaker times and take over the top spots anytime they want? That kinda defeats the purpose of having zones then doesn't it if good players from other zones can just come in anywhere they want to get an ego boost.

TM allows everyone to change their region in exchange for a few coppers. I also have the right to do so, even if it means that I take over the first solo rank in that zone. Besides, I have my own good reasons why I moved to Ireland and I can assure you it has nothing to do with the solo rankings.

My TM Blog

Post subject: Re: A players times from another country showed up in mine
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:27 pm 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Hi,

You mean you phyisically moved into a house in Ireland? Because other than that what could possibly be the reason for moving your times here other than to take the number one slot. I don't care if you are from Mars man and make no mistake I am impressed with your times but you are not Irish so you should not be in our zone. It doesn't make sense.

Also may I just say that the records and times we in the Irish top ten have held and fought to hold over the years feel worthless and meaningless now that someone from another country just transferred his times over beause he noticed he was better than us. Thanks for replying in anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:36 pm 
solid chaser
solid chaser

Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S
Just saying you DON'T have to have a real reason to change your region. How could Nadeo check this anyway? You must send an email to them telling why you wanna change region?^^
Now Idk why Jadis (if u r talking only about him) changed region but as he said he has the rights to do so.
Myself I use my real country but I was located in Switzerland time ago, so what's all this about?? In my sub-region (Italy > Friuli Venezia-Giulia) in top10 2 players are not from there ... and it's a region with only veeery few players so it should be more problematic than 1 single region changer in a whole Country.
Secondly I dont know where it Jadis from but how can you be sure he's not really Irish? He could have a fake region before, and now moved to the real one ...

Sry if it's not what you expected to read but that's what I think

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:50 pm 
solid chaser
solid chaser

Owned TM-games: All PC except 2Stad
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28533

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:43 pm 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

I know everybody in the Irish top ten and besides that he has a manialink under his name so he's not exactly trying to hide who he is like and if you read his post above he admitted to moving his times into the Iish zone. So he's not copper hunting with a throw away account. This is his main account. There are over 13,000 Irish people playing the game and when the top spot is taken by a non Irish player it gets noticed. Not only that but for an English player to just show up one day and take top spot, man it's just not right. It's an insult and he's basically crapping all over us. Our top ten is worthless now. I and a few others I'm sure will be emailing nadeo everyday until he is removed from our zone. edit: he has replied to my in game mail just to say he doesn't care about my complaints and will be staying in the Irish zone for some time. Classy guy this.

Post subject: Re: The top spot in my zone/country has been hijacked
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:16 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: All (even TM² :D)
Manialink(s): extreme34
Well, I won't mail Nadeo for that, because changing location is legal.

Visit my manialink (more than 900 maps) : extreme34

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:13 pm 
solid chaser
solid chaser

Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S
Secondly Nadeo is not even deleting cheat times from official boards I think region changers are their last problem ^^

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:33 pm 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, Canyon
@intrepid_war, yup it is silly that people can change zones any time they want, it makes a complete farce of the idea of national statistics but then most/all the Nadeo
ranking systems are the same.
The (is it?) multi-player ladder or whatever it's called where you win points on servers is just a complete joke, which 99% of good players never gave a fusk about!

'tis a shame though to see so many maps where BP held many top ten places in Ireland messed up by this **** (e.g., United/Coast/C5 we had 1,2 &3), oh and by the way, Nadeo has long since ceased caring about all versions of TM apart form that Canyon crap they're trying to promote, so good luck with even getting any response let alone getting them to introduce a sane system...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:25 am 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Hey Mo nice to see ya. Erm can ya fix my log in on Bears, it seems to be broken ^_^.

Thx for the replies everybody. Apparently the guy has moved his times from the Irish zone so that's that, but I still think it's really odd that can even happen. Why anyone would want to is beyond me but how and ever.