The TrackMania universal forum ^_^
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:47 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: About the tm-hall.com server
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:36 pm 
pedestrian
pedestrian

Owned TM-games: TMUF_SE
Could someone please explain to me, why is that tm-hall.com site allowed to have dozens of servers that accept only spectators unless you go to their site??? I don't want to be forced to do that to join any server that i am eligible to join otherwise.

They also frequently show untrue number of players on their numerous servers, not sure how this is even possible, and they force all their servers to be near the top of the world rank with false data? This is very important and affects all the legitimate servers.

Is all that acceptable??? Please someone let me know in what way that site is NOT against any terms and conditions.

If anyone else dislikes this, or thinks it ruins the game in any way, please discuss it here.

Last edited by nia-nia on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: About the tm-hall.com server
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:50 pm 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TMF
Hello nia-nia,
Im from the tm-hall.com team.
Thank you for reporting this issue.
We found out what happened. There were some relays servers (hosted independently by some fan) connected to our game servers, causing this.
Anyway, in respect to you and to trackmania, we fixed it by setting the servers to dont allow spectator relays.
Now every tm player will see only the 15 tm-hall.com real game servers.
We are sorry if this has caused some trouble, but we can say that it was not disrespecting any rules.

Just to clarify this issue (already solved) to the tm comunity, and preventing this to happening to other servers admins, please read below:
nia-nia wrote:
dozens of servers that accept only spectators unless you go to their site???
These are the spectator relays that I told above. They are allowed by nadeo. It is impossible to join a relay server as a player, even going trhough a site. The servers you join throung the site are the real ones.
nia-nia wrote:
I don't want to be forced to do that to join any server that i am eligible to join otherwise.
We agree with you. You were able and always will be able to join the tm-hall.com servers through the game. The site only helps a little (many players commented that they like to use the site to join the tm-hall.com servers) and nobody is forced to visit the site.
nia-nia wrote:
They also frequently show untrue number of players on their numerous servers, not sure how this is even possible, and they force all their servers to be near the top of the world rank with false data? This is very important and affects all the legitimate servers.
Yes, this is a very important and old bug that should be fixed by nadeo (with all the respect). The bug is that when a relay joins a game server, the relay will keep appearing with the number of players that were on the game server when the relay joined it, even if it was days ago. It can lead to spam on the server list. But, with all the respect, nadeo is busy on tm2 and I think they wont have time to fix it...
nia-nia wrote:
Please someone let me know in what way that site is NOT against any terms and conditions.
The site is not disrespecting any terms or conditions. Everything was created after studing carefully all the involved terms and conditions.
The 15 game servers are also respecting all the nadeo rules, including the freezone rules.
nia-nia wrote:
Is all that acceptable??? If anyone else dislikes this, or thinks it ruins the game in any way, please discuss it here.
It is really boring. I fixed it on my side. I hope it wont happen to other server admins who let their servers opened to relays.

And remember, the tm-hall.com are just another trackmania servers who wants to provide a good fun and a good tm experience to all trackmania players who like the idea behind the tm-hall.com servers. We respect all the other servers on the game and all the other server admins, and we wish the same to them: that any player can have fun on the server they like to play.

Sorry for the big post but it is an important topic.
and happy TMing :gobananas:
tm-hall.com

Last edited by tm-hall.com on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: About the tm-hall.com server FLOOD
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:16 pm 
pedestrian
pedestrian

Owned TM-games: TMUF_SE
Thank you for the detailed reply, and i appreciate the fact that you fixed the "flood" of relay servers, and that the remaining servers are joinable through the game without needing the site.

I would also appreciate it if you could post here a list of the 15 real server names exactly as they appear in the in-game list, so that everyone knows these are the real servers.

With the changes made above, i am happy, as long as it doesn't get out of hand in the future. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:35 pm 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TMF
nia-nia wrote:
Thank you for the detailed reply, and i appreciate the fact that you fixed the "flood" of relay servers, and that the remaining servers are joinable through the game without needing the site. With the changes made above, i am happy, as long as it doesn't get out of hand in the future. Thanks
No problem, it is good that it has been solved.
nia-nia wrote:
I would also appreciate it if you could post here a list of the 15 real server names exactly as they appear in the in-game list, so that everyone knows these are the real servers.
These are the 14 real game servers, when you search for "tm-hall" on the server browser in game (the 15th server is hidden at the dedicated_cfg file (allowed by nadeo), and does not appear on the server list):ImageImage

Last edited by tm-hall.com on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: About the tm-hall.com server FLOOD
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 am 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TMU
Thanks for fixing that it was driving me nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:10 pm 
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²C
Are all the TM-Hall servers gone ?

Anybody knows ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:49 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: All
Manialink(s): extreme34
Maybe, because they don't appear anymore. :?

Visit my manialink (more than 900 maps) : extreme34

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:48 am 
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF
damn i was pretty close to top ranks :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:47 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: All
Manialink(s): extreme34
Maybe that guy of TM-hall.com will re-open the servers soon. ;)

Visit my manialink (more than 900 maps) : extreme34