General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

A_P3RS0N
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Download TMUF after OS migration?

Post by A_P3RS0N » 21 Nov 2010 22:40

So, I installed Windows 7 on another hard drive, independent of my previous Windows Vista drive (with TMUF installed). Is there any way to download TMUF, and then link my account to it w/o having to buy it again?

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Re: Download TMUF after OS migration?

Post by Racemaniac » 27 Nov 2010 08:10

eh, just use the download link you got when you purchased it?
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by tcq » 27 Nov 2010 13:49

You can just copy paste all the TMUF data from your one HDD (the game directory and the data out of my documents) and place it into the corresponding directories on the new HDD.
Don't sure if this works between vista and win7, but just try it.

A_P3RS0N
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Post by A_P3RS0N » 27 Nov 2010 20:21

Ya. I found the email that had my DL link in it yesterday, and sure enough, it still downloaded. I'm not quite sure whether or not just copying and pasting the Documents\TrackMania folder will do, however (it finished copying a while ago, but I haven't had any time yet to test it out)

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 28 Nov 2010 11:11

A_P3RS0N wrote:Ya. I found the email that had my DL link in it yesterday, and sure enough, it still downloaded. I'm not quite sure whether or not just copying and pasting the Documents\TrackMania folder will do, however (it finished copying a while ago, but I haven't had any time yet to test it out)
just install the game, and then from your previous installation, as said just copy everything from the my documents/trackmania folder to your new installation. It contains all your accounts and custom data etc... so then you'll have everything as it was before
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 01 Dec 2010 21:20

A related question ... I have TMU on disk (from a download). I also have the various updates and patches.

Rather than installing TMU, then updating to TMUF, is there a download available that will just go straight to TMUF? (The link I got via PM some time ago for Acclaim is now defunct).

Cheers. :)
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 02 Dec 2010 13:13

Scratch that - I checked my backups and found I had previously downloaded it. :)

Following my reinstall of Win7, I installed the game, applied the .26 update, copied my profile folders over and hey presto - all working and all favorites/servers etc. retained. :D
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Racemaniac » 04 Dec 2010 10:54

glad to hear everything works :)