General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

PapaMac67
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Worst racing game ever??

Post by PapaMac67 » 26 Apr 2008 15:57

Ok..Do'nt really care if i piss off any TM fanboys or not..gunna state my piece...downloaded and installed TMUF a few days ago...paid for a 1 month license...1 week later..I just uninstalled this craptacular game off my system!....Holy F'in Sh!t!.....wat a piece of CRAP!... :evil: ..I think this may be 1 of the worst racing games I've ever played!....racing?..wat racing?...Im racing ghost cars?....Why cant I start a race and theres 5 or so cars lined up and we race each other?...fight for 1st place?..bump each other off the tracks?....NOOOOOO!...not here... Im racing ghost cars that I pass right thru.. :shock: .Wow!..FUN!......Not!....DULL?....YES!..Jesus Christ Nadeo?...this is supposed to be fun?...You got some real nice graphics but wheres the fun?..wheres the RACING?.....online racing?....Gee....theres me racing against 30 other people on the same track....passing right thru each other.......and the whole race takes like 30 seconds...then we do it again..and again......SUCKS!!!...and trying to get gold medals in single player on all the tracks....get gold medals on 98% of the tracks...but then theres a few where its like hair pulling...fist pounding impossible!!...doing the same track over 1000 times in a row..and always come in 2nd place by a millisecond....every time....some AI controlled car beats me....cause it goes around tight turns like its stuck to the track....and Im skidding around the same turns...bumping walls....my upstairs neighbors must think im nuts for all the desk pounding...and screaming I've been doing?...Thanks Nadeo for your ultimately dull...frustrating..almost no fun beautiful looking game....some of the stunt tracks are ok..for about 15 mins or so....Wat a wasted oppurtunity....a racing game where you dont actually race anyone but ghost cars.....**** stupid!.....Goodbye forever!....PS..since im deleting my forums account dont bother leaving me any messages..but feel free to talk amongst yourselves.... :twisted:

weird
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMUF

Re: Worst racing game ever??

Post by weird » 26 Apr 2008 16:11

to each their own. the beauty of having a choice.

bye.

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 26 Apr 2008 17:51

PapaMac67 wrote:Ok..Do'nt really care if i piss off any TM fanboys or not..gunna state my piece...downloaded and installed TMUF a few days ago...paid for a 1 month license...1 week later..I just uninstalled this craptacular game off my system!....Holy F'in Sh!t!.....wat a piece of CRAP!... :evil: ..I think this may be 1 of the worst racing games I've ever played!....racing?..wat racing?...Im racing ghost cars?....Why cant I start a race and theres 5 or so cars lined up and we race each other?...fight for 1st place?..bump each other off the tracks?....NOOOOOO!...not here... Im racing ghost cars that I pass right thru.. :shock: .Wow!..FUN!......Not!....DULL?....YES!..Jesus Christ Nadeo?...this is supposed to be fun?...You got some real nice graphics but wheres the fun?..wheres the RACING?.....online racing?....Gee....theres me racing against 30 other people on the same track....passing right thru each other.......and the whole race takes like 30 seconds...then we do it again..and again......SUCKS!!!...and trying to get gold medals in single player on all the tracks....get gold medals on 98% of the tracks...but then theres a few where its like hair pulling...fist pounding impossible!!...doing the same track over 1000 times in a row..and always come in 2nd place by a millisecond....every time....some AI controlled car beats me....cause it goes around tight turns like its stuck to the track....and Im skidding around the same turns...bumping walls....my upstairs neighbors must think im nuts for all the desk pounding...and screaming I've been doing?...Thanks Nadeo for your ultimately dull...frustrating..almost no fun beautiful looking game....some of the stunt tracks are ok..for about 15 mins or so....Wat a wasted oppurtunity....a racing game where you dont actually race anyone but ghost cars.....**** stupid!.....Goodbye forever!....PS..since im deleting my forums account dont bother leaving me any messages..but feel free to talk amongst yourselves.... :twisted:
sooo, basically you're upset because
1. you can't bump other cars... ever considered that this makes the racing better, since it's all about your skill, not how good you are at bumping others off the road
2. because you still suck at the game. it may look a simple game, but as you're noticing, it's not. practice makes perfect, it may be a bitch when you start out, but you'll get better :p
and btw, the AI doesn't exist, the "computer controlled" cars are just replays made by the creators of the game, and they aren't particularly fast. if they take turns better than you, it's cause you're unable to control the car :p
as much as the trackmanias may rule, carmageddon 1 & 2 are still the best games ever :D

Leak
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMU

Post by Leak » 26 Apr 2008 18:28

Whoa. Just whoa.

Door, ass, way out... you know the drill...

np: Thomas Brinkmann - Birth & Death (When Horses Die...)
"I'm not anti-anything, I'm anti-everything, it fits better." - Sole

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, 2x ATI Radeon 4850 512MB, Creative Soundbastler X-Fi Platinum, 2GB RAM, XBox 360 Controller

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 26 Apr 2008 20:13

well, it seems that you are actually frustrated by the very things that make trackmania unique and distinguishable from other games.

If the lack of car collision is a problem for you i can understand if you've always been driving with sims that - as a basic constant: always had cars that collide with eachother, cause it is realistic right?

But Nadeo challenged this and moved the emphasis on "racing only". Can a plumber realy crawl on a dionsaur? Can a hedge hog turn into a ball that can pickup coins? This is really the same kind of stretch. It's an artistic freedom of a developer to make game like this and they took it to actually put a mirror in front of you.

In trackmania, you are kinda confronted with yourself really. It's only "you" who can make yourself win the race and other will not really be in the equasion. The "social" part of trackmania is to play in multiplayer and to see others screw up or drive very well.

Ofcourse no one has to tell you you 'need' to like it, but if you are also not happy by the fact that you're 1 ms to slow, it makes the spirit of the game difficult to understand.

But maybe after a while you shouldn't try to see this "huge failiure by a small fraction of a second" so negatively but see it positive and as a challenge. Most trackmania fans see this "one milisecond too slow" thrill as a supporter who sees footballplayer ALMOST scoring goal but landing on the pole.

It's both dissapointment with a rush of tension, it's something special that - when you are a trackmaniac -, you put courage out of this and you know you're going to drive better (one of the) next time(s).

And moreover, trackmania is not only a race game :) It's full of creative tools.

This was not to tell you what to think, but I'd like to point out what's the true spirit of trackmania. (without trying to speak for everyone ofcourse but I'd liek to speak for the game's intention)

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

AlMightyBob
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by AlMightyBob » 26 Apr 2008 20:28

If Nadeo had made a game that was like every other racing game ever made with collisions and standard racing then it would be **** boring. If you want that, go play one of the hundreds of other games like that.

The TM franchise is unique and that's why it's awesome and stands out.

Also, you could've tried TMNF for free considering that it's basically a demo of TMUF instead of diving straight into a game that you obviously didn't, and still don't, understand.

Good riddance, I say.

Tsunade
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Tsunade » 26 Apr 2008 20:30

Well, i have to agree on the point the trackmania is hard now that you need the gold medals to unlock stuff.
i'm stuck on stadium d2 no matter how many times i tried. Still one second bellow and have no idea how to do better.
Some people have been racing on tm for so long, that they don't remember what being a beginner is.

For the rest, BLaHiTiS said it all.

Runningman
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF,TMN

Post by Runningman » 26 Apr 2008 21:02

this was the very first game designed for e-sports and the world cup of video games, so most of the things you bitch about were designed perfectly. as for the 30 second tracks and ghosts those are designed to teach you how to drive. go get some ESWC tracks so i can watch you crumble noobeh, learn to reckonize a great game when you play it.

and i KNOW your reading this.
Drift Forever Mod RELEASED!!
[url=irc://www.quakenet.org/trackmania]#trackmania IRC[/url] (international languages) come idle!
mikemartin.co
my cars
steam +friends
ESWC 06 USA Top Driver owned by games-services.com

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 » 26 Apr 2008 21:28

If you want/expect to play a bumper cars game (thinking that's what a racing game should be), and you get a racing game... yes, it's going to suck.
Actually I sometimes play games that are completely different from what I expected, even what I wanted, and they're still cool, but my point still stands. :)
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 26 Apr 2008 21:49

Ellipses...are...such...poor...writing...style...it...makes...my...eyes...cringe. :P
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

germartin
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TM

Post by germartin » 26 Apr 2008 22:29

why you play a game you dont like and race one map 2000 times? :roflol:

a noob talking...

and what is gold? try get NADEO or race against the WR leader... then you will have more then 2 Milliseconds behind.

Most worst crap i ever heared :0010

Go play Pacman

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 27 Apr 2008 00:15

You know pacman is really good compared to trackmania, at least it actually has collision with ghosts :mrgreen:

(assist taken)

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

Spyyder0
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Spyyder0 » 27 Apr 2008 00:39

When i started TM I loved that fact that u went through other cars, I play KartRider, and the bumping can get to the extreme on there and really piss me off sometimes, so driving through other ppl is a nice change for me, and I like games that are all about skill(quake/TMUF/minesweeper).

u must really be noob tho, I had never heard of TM before until Nations Forever came out, and i've managed to unlock a few of the black tracks. :d

Markus
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMU
Manialink(s): XTZone (not finished)

Post by Markus » 27 Apr 2008 08:45

wahahhaa
isnt it nice to have some laughs early in the morning?
IT IS :roflol:

thx for that @PapaMac67 :roflol:
XTZone Server (30slots, only TMS evirs., various authors)
Xtreme Trackers Homepage

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 27 Apr 2008 15:05

go back 2 need for speed plzkthx