TMUP : 1 click download & install for all TM games

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

NazguL
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: All TM games
Manialink(s): NazguL

Post by NazguL » 28 Feb 2006 09:20

New release to TMUP Specs, Subobject was screwed :oops:

(Thx Rockraider :wink: )
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
ATI radeon X1900GT (256Mo)
3GB DDR2
Sound Chipset Realteck ALC883 (+ SBLive)
Playing with keyboard
Windows XP Pro SP2

Bugsy34uk
highway camper
highway camper

any ideas?

Post by Bugsy34uk » 09 Mar 2006 09:42

i have just installed Easy TM 2.2, and although it installed fine, when i run it i get a 'CLR error: 80004005 message.
any ideas what's causing this, and a solution?

Many thanks

NazguL
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by NazguL » 09 Mar 2006 13:22

You need Framework 2.0 to run this software.

Further more, I think you need also th Framework 1.1 because some components I grabbed from the net uses the 1.1 framework
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
3GB DDR2
Playing with keyboard
Windows XP Pro SP2

Bugsy34uk
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Bugsy34uk » 09 Mar 2006 13:26

my system is showing that i have Framework 1.1 and 2.0 installed. could it be anything else causing the problem?

NazguL
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by NazguL » 09 Mar 2006 16:37

Using Google, I've found some tips

This one seems to do the job.
They were running XP, and their shortcut was set to run in Win98 Compatibility mode. Once they unchecked that setting, the error went away. I do wonder how the setting was checked in the first place, since the user definitely didn't do it herself. If anyone has any ideas on how this could have been set by default, I'd like to hear them.
And if no solution
It's probably worth having them re-install the framework. Something isn
quite right. Before the reinstall, make sure there isn't a mscoree.dll in
the system32 folder and try again.
My idea : Do you have tried with other TM related .Net softwares as alfRed DL Mod'O'Matic ?

http://alf.red.free.fr/dlMod/index.php?v=emd&lg=UK
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
3GB DDR2
Playing with keyboard
Windows XP Pro SP2

Bugsy34uk
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Bugsy34uk » 09 Mar 2006 16:52

thanks, Nazgul.
I reinstalled framework 2 and all seems to be working now.
Just one gripe, is that although i have tm sunrise, i hardly ever play it since nations was released, so all the skins etc that i download i want to use in nations, but with easy tm, any skins i download that were made for sunrise, go straight into the sunrise folder and not the nations folder, where i want to use them.

thanks for all the help

~[GøG]~
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by ~[GøG]~ » 09 Mar 2006 22:58

i just have v. 2 installed and everything is working fine.
so v.1 isnt needed
Image Image Image

NazguL
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by NazguL » 09 Mar 2006 23:38

~[GøG]~ wrote:i just have v. 2 installed and everything is working fine.
so v.1 isnt needed
Ok great, this is very interesting. :) :idea:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
3GB DDR2
Playing with keyboard
Windows XP Pro SP2

NazguL
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by NazguL » 09 Mar 2006 23:42

Bugsy34uk wrote:thanks, Nazgul.
I reinstalled framework 2 and all seems to be working now.
Just one gripe, is that although i have tm sunrise, i hardly ever play it since nations was released, so all the skins etc that i download i want to use in nations, but with easy tm, any skins i download that were made for sunrise, go straight into the sunrise folder and not the nations folder, where i want to use them.

thanks for all the help
There is a trick you can use. Don't use the tMUP link, but save the skin on you desktop folder (anywhere indeed). Open the File Installer of Easy TM and drag & &drop the skins on the window. The installer should fail to deduce the environment of the skins. Then set it to Stadium (ou can multi select), and install all. Skins will be set for Nations then. :wink:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
3GB DDR2
Playing with keyboard
Windows XP Pro SP2

JarC
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Latest Easy TM issues

Post by JarC » 16 Mar 2006 17:19

Got serious issues with Easy TM. Downloaded the latest, got updated to an ever new version, but neither of them work satisfactory...The protocol part works ok when it finally runs, but the tray icon thing is more dead than alive. 9 out 10 times it crashes on launch....(Framework is installed, both 1.1 and 2.0 release version) When it stays alive, the websites menus only launch blank Internet Explorers...links that do work are the official site links..(what a surprise..:( ) and from the added tools options none are enabled, they all stay disabled no matter what...so whats the point of having them?

Also tried the other client, Multi TM...but that one don't even survives the installation and dies prematurely with some f(*&(& french error msg I don't understand...it _is_ supposed to be in mutliple languages but it probably is a hidden secret
(why is it so hard to use the correct language as configured on the system where it gets installed on????)

So in the end, I am left with a tool that barely does more than just downloading two files in one click. Something which I can easily configure my Downloadmgr to do too, don't need a separate tool for that...

btw...I found out if I disable the automatic launch on boot, it crashes less frequent when launching, perhaps it has lousy error recovery when it finds there is no internet connection yet on boot/logon...

forgive me for sounding grumpy, but I hate to be used as beta tester without being asked for the job. from release versions I expect more and this release hardly qualifies as being tested properly so many things aren't working...

Perhaps someone else having similar problems is willing to spend time hunting down these bugs or what causes them coz I surely ain't and am de-installing after this last edit. Just for the record, My box is a squeeky clean freshly installed XP SP2 with no other MS Crapware than both the DotNet runtimes (1.1 and 2.0)...no virus, spyware, adware or that sort of **** and all my other internet related tools work without problems.

NazguL
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by NazguL » 17 Mar 2006 00:09

It's the first time that so many issues where reported :oops: . Even if Easy TM was downloaded 6000 times.

- Have you tried to reinstall Framework 2.0 ?
- try to deactivate the splash screen by the options. If you can't, edit Data\Param\Param.xml in the EasyTM installation folder and set the "Splash", "UseTMUP" and "AutoBackup" parameters to "0". This should remove the noisy splashscreen, the inital TMUP protocol registering and the Zip autobackup of TM profiles at startup.

BTW, Multi TMUP is a Delphi software I think. It's not related to any .Net framework. If Easy TM, and Multi TMUP have problems, I think it's not in my software, neither Thoun's.

As for the beta tests, sure that the software is provided as it is. I cannot guaranty anythink. It's running correctly on my computer, and I don't have too many feedbacks. For tests, I cannot run every tests each release. Easy TM has too many features, I'm only one, I've have a job and I need sleep too. :wink:

As for the latest release (2.2.1), I've found a bug this afternoon. The TMUP_LIST file type doesn't work anymore.

BTW, this is the TMUP topic not the Easy TM one :wink:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
3GB DDR2
Playing with keyboard
Windows XP Pro SP2

VincentGarcia
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): GarciasGarage

Post by VincentGarcia » 23 Mar 2006 14:44

If you use TMUP urls on your website, write it down in this topic, I'll add you site in this list.
Ok here it is: http://www.garcias-garage.de

Its not a big site. Its only a little one for publishing my tmn skins.
There is also a little uploadskript (work in progress) which outputs loc files, for testing and people who haven´t access to a ftp.

thecrasy

Post by thecrasy » 26 Apr 2006 16:38

My tump doesn't work because I have to install :.Net Farmework:v2.0.50727
why ???
plz answer quick. thanks

~[GøG]~
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by ~[GøG]~ » 26 Apr 2006 22:19

why?
because you need it ;)
Image Image Image

bluesharpei

i can't get into the mods part

Post by bluesharpei » 10 May 2006 17:15

INSERT INTO Forum_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('c534ab1e1c058ba762deaa311952f215', -1, 1147280331, 1147280331, '45f5ed15', 0, 0, 0)