TMNF/TMUF Server DedicatedTrackMania.TrackMania.gbx

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

FlybeL
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2

TMNF/TMUF Server DedicatedTrackMania.TrackMania.gbx

Post by FlybeL » 21 Aug 2015 21:21

Hey, I googled a lot about this issue without a single result, that's why I am writing here now:
I managed to set up a dedicated server yesterday on my debian vserver, so I let it run the whole night. (I started it several times that day to get it running with the correct settings, tracklist etc., everything worked fine.)

So today I wanted to add a new map to the tracklist. What I first tried is to edit the tracklist myself, but as that didn't work because I need to give an id in addition to the directory I went into the game on my pc, like I did for the tracklist yesterday, and selected the maps I want and saved it to a file. Then I copied that file and inserted it into the tracklist of the server (that's exactly what I did yesterday when it was working). Since then when I try to start the server (into a screen) I get an error: the server can't access 'home/myuserdirectory/GameData/DedicatedTrackMania.TrackMania.gbx'. If we take a closer look we wonder why the server thinks GameData is in my user directory... I installed the server into myuserdirectory/tmnf/ and the server "knew" that until I put in the new tracklist.
So I installed a new, parallel server that is intended to run at the same time later on (myuserdirectory/tmuf/), just to test if that works. For that server the only files I took from tmnf is the tracklist, the start.sh (modified) and the dedicated_cfg.txt (modified). And it returns the same error, it was seeking for the gbx file in myuserdirectory/GameData.

I searched all three files for any hint on where I can set the directory for the DedicatedTrackMania.TrackMania.gbx file, didn't find anything. It is likely the tracklist.txt, but I've searched it, the word "Dedicated" is not included in that file at all.

I appreciate any help on that (or on how to get rid of my blurry textures, but that's another story :D). Thanks in advance.

(Sorry for any crappy English)

Links to the files:
http://f.flybel.de/start.sh
http://f.flybel.de/dedicated_cfg.txt
http://f.flybel.de/tracklist.txt

undef.de
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMF, TM2C/S/V, SM
Manialink(s): undef, tmkarma

Re: TMNF/TMUF Server DedicatedTrackMania.TrackMania.gbx

Post by undef.de » 21 Aug 2015 21:44

Try to remove

Code: Select all

<challenge>
		<file>Challenges\My Challenges\Lucani´s Shorty #1.Challenge.Gbx</file>
		<ident>cAvH0rPyWAOcQYx35VItQWsA7w3</ident>
	</challenge>
from you tracklist.txt.

All other files seems to be ok.
Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco,
like Records-Eyepiece, TM-Karma, Alternate Scoretable...
Visit my Lab: www.undef.name

Get it now:
» TM2 Valley
» TM2 Canyon
» TM2 Stadium
» SM Storm

FlybeL
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by FlybeL » 22 Aug 2015 09:36

undef.de wrote:Try to remove

Code: Select all

<challenge>
		<file>Challenges\My Challenges\Lucani´s Shorty #1.Challenge.Gbx</file>
		<ident>cAvH0rPyWAOcQYx35VItQWsA7w3</ident>
	</challenge>
from you tracklist.txt.

All other files seems to be ok.
I did that, but I still get the error.

I then tried inserting NationsWhite and I still get the same error, so it's not the tracklist.

I created a new third server and only copied and edited the start.sh and edited the stock config file, same error.

Did a server restart, same error. Only solution I see now is deleting and reinstalling the server completely.

FlybeL
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by FlybeL » 22 Aug 2015 11:22

I now finished reinstalling, and found out what the original issue was.

I use the following command to run the server: sh tmnf/start.sh
My start.sh did not include "cd /home/myuserdirectory/tmnf/" so it searched for the GameData folder in my user directory. gg

However now that I got to get my United server running for the first time, I don't know what login data I have to use. My Nations server is now running fine, but for my United server I don't know whether I have to use my dedicated server account or my United game account.

It's the dedicated server account but there is an error which I can't deal with: When I try to delete the dedicated server account (because it's not working) I get the following error: Error (Mysql error : Incorrect key file for table './trackmaniaforever_game/Players.MYI'; try to repair it):