Why server cache has priority?

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

rat_in_car
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Why server cache has priority?

Post by rat_in_car » 20 Sep 2013 12:37

I cleaned game cache last time and I've noticed that after loading my map online, files are download from gameserver cache (i've check that using firewall monitoring) not from fileserver. I always locate everything on my own fast fileserver, so download 10 MB takes about 2 seconds. Instead of fast direct download, I wait over 6 minutes to download the same resource from gameserver! Is this game settings? I want p2p download/upload enable because I want to see other cars and avatars, so I have that option enabled. But I also have locators enabled. I am not server admin so I can't disable p2p on server. Where can be a problem? I was thinking that locators have highest priority, so why gameserver trying to force me download resources from his cache?

Last time when I wrote on this forum, I suspected some xaseco problem, but after all I don't think that xaseco can do anything with gameserver cache, so it must be other problem.