Unfindable dedicated server

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

RoelK
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Unfindable dedicated server

Post by RoelK » 23 Mar 2013 09:14

Hi All,

Sorry to bother you guys with this request but I have been pulling out my hair trying to find a solution.

So what's the issue. I have a LAN party coming up an recieved a request to setup a dedicated server for TMNF.

I got it working (I think) but I can't seem to find the server.
I tried
- using //#join=ipaddress
- tried setting it up with servermania.
- all firewalls are disabled
- client - sever are directly connected via a switch and can find each other ( i'm using remote desktop to manage the server)

But nothing seem to work, and to be quite honest I don't know TMNF well so I'm truly stuck.

I use this config file

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<dedicated>
	<authorization_levels>
		<level>
			<name>SuperAdmin</name>
			<password>MyPWD</password>
		</level>
		<level>
			<name>Admin</name>
			<password>Admin</password>
		</level>
		<level>
			<name>User</name>
			<password>User</password>
		</level>
	</authorization_levels>

<masterserver_account>
		<login></login>
		<password></password>
		<nation></nation>
	</masterserver_account>

<server_options>
		<name>KLJ Kesselt</name>
		<comment></comment>
		<max_players>32</max_players>
		<password></password>
		<max_spectators>32</max_spectators>
		<password_spectator></password_spectator>
		<ladder_mode>normal</ladder_mode> // value between 'inactive', 'normal' and 'forced' (or '0', '1', '2')
		<enable_p2p_upload>True</enable_p2p_upload>
		<enable_p2p_download>True</enable_p2p_download>
		<callvote_timeout>60000</callvote_timeout>
		<callvote_ratio>0.5</callvote_ratio>
		<allow_challenge_download>True</allow_challenge_download>
	</server_options>

<system_config>
		<connection_type>LAN</connection_type>
		<server_port>2350</server_port>
		<server_p2p_port>3450</server_p2p_port>
		<client_port>0</client_port>
		<xmlrpc_port>5000</xmlrpc_port>
        <xmlrpc_allowremote>True</xmlrpc_allowremote>	
// if you specify an ip adress here, it'll be the only accepted adress. this will improve security.
		<bind_ip_address>192.168.1.100</bind_ip_address>
		<force_ip_address></force_ip_address>
		<use_proxy>False</use_proxy>
		<proxy_login></proxy_login>
		<proxy_password></proxy_password>
		<blacklist_url></blacklist_url>
		<packmask>Stadium</packmask>
	</system_config>
</dedicated>

and this link

G:\Games\Trackmania\TmDedicatedServer\TrackManiaServer.exe /game=nations /dedicated_cfg=dedicated.cfg /game_settings=G:\Games\Trackmania\TmDedicatedServer\GameData\Tracks\MatchSettings\Lan\ProRaceDuel.txt /forceip=LAN

The idea is to have this up an running during the full 4 days running a couple of tracks.
So people can join if they want to and try to beat the best time on each track.
If you perhaps could give me a bit of advise on how-to achieve this I'll be very grateful.

Thanks and I hope someone can help me.

RoelK
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: Unfindable dedicated server

Post by RoelK » 26 Mar 2013 12:41

Hi Guys,

isn't anybody interested in helping me out ?

Kr,

Roel

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Re: Unfindable dedicated server

Post by Slig » 26 Mar 2013 16:36

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=14203
Slig wrote:Note: since december 2010, players using a free TMNF account can't connect any more directly from the ingame servers list to the standard servers, but only to FreeZone servers. Connection to standard servers still can be made in 2 cases : via the players own favorites server list (a favorite server can be added with a tmtp link: tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin ), or if the server is in hidden mode (so not visible in sersers list) using a tmtp direct link ( example: tmtp://#join=serverlogin ). For more infos, search FreeZone topics on this forum and on http://forum.maniaplanet.com/ .
So (the easiest)... you miss that line after <comment> one :

Code: Select all

<hide_server>1</hide_server>                                    <!-- value is 0 (always shown), 1 (always hidden), 2 (hidden from nations) -->
<force_ip_address> should never be used except you are in a special case (mostly web proxy which has an ip different that the public ip of your server)
< bind_ip_address> should never be used except you are in a special case (mostly if the computer on which you have the dedicated tm has more than one IP and you need to have the dedicated bind one specific)
(i don't remember if a passord is ok when joinning such kind of hidden server, anyway chances that someone will find it are small. first try without password, add one after to test)

I think that you should not try to start it in /lan, start it /internet instead.

Then, after starting it, wait 1 or 2 minutes and tmtp://#join=login should work (perhaps tmtp://#join=local-ip:port too, but i'm not sure). (you can include the tmtp links on a web or manialink page for example so your users will find them easily)