MetaStats: look up TM logins

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

MetaStats: look up TM logins

Post by Xymph » 25 May 2012 21:44

There's a new webtool in town. :) I built this MetaStats look-up page to enable you to look up Nadeo and Dedimania statistics for TrackMania² Canyon, TrackMania Nations/United Forever, and Nations ESWC logins. Actually, it was done for the most part early this year, but several external factors hindered its completion until now.

I created MetaStats because:

- I like to toy with APIs and SDKs, and wanted to get some experience with Nadeo's Web Services
- there was no way yet to combine Nadeo solo and multiplayer rankings with Dedimania stats or to easily look up the latter (unless you knew the right URL)
- I wanted to achieve a unified layout for all these statistics
- Mania Ladder for TrackMania² is still pointing to TM-Ladder, instead of actually showing TM² stats
- there's a long-standing bug in TM-Ladder preventing the look-up of logins that consist only of digits
- the results page can be easily hyperlinked and shared to show off to your buddies ;)
- it might be useful to check the raw nickname string of a login (I don't believe in security through obscurity)

So, check out your login on the MetaStats page! Feedback welcome.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

TheM
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMN(F), TM2

Re: MetaStats: look up TM logins

Post by TheM » 26 May 2012 06:17

Xymph wrote:- it might be useful to check the raw nickname string of a login (I don't believe in security through obscurity)
Well, I do. Why would you want to include the raw nickname string of someone's profile... ?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 26 May 2012 08:17

TheM wrote:
Xymph wrote:- it might be useful to check the raw nickname string of a login (I don't believe in security through obscurity)
Well, I do. Why would you want to include the raw nickname string of someone's profile... ?
For example, when you see a particular non-ASCII character in someone's nickname that you'd like to use too, then you can just copy/paste it from the MetaStats page of that login instead of going on a time-consuming hunt through an UTF-8 character table site or somesuch.

And not including the raw string isn't going to keep a nickname secret anyway, as it takes just a few lines of code to request the account info from the web services API, e.g. for TMF:

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/php -q
<?php
require_once '<path-to>/trackmania-ws-sdk/src/autoload.php';
$players = new \TrackMania\WebServices\Players('<api-username>', '<api-password>');
$player = $players->get($argv[1]);
print_r($player);
?>
Like I said, security through obscurity just doesn't work. :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

TheM
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMN(F), TM2

Post by TheM » 26 May 2012 08:19

Xymph wrote:And not including the raw string isn't going to keep a nickname secret anyway, as it takes just a few lines of code to request the account info from the web services API, e.g. for TMF...
I understand that, but your website is well visited by other people.
Anyway, I see I can't get you to remove it from the site, so I'll leave it with this... :|

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 26 May 2012 09:39

TheM wrote:
Xymph wrote:And not including the raw string isn't going to keep a nickname secret anyway, as it takes just a few lines of code to request the account info from the web services API, e.g. for TMF...
I understand that, but your website is well visited by other people.
Anyway, I see I can't get you to remove it from the site, so I'll leave it with this...
No, but what are you worried about? That someone copies your clan tag or entire nickname?
If someone wants to do that, you can't stop them anyway, regardless of the MetaStats page. That's why it's pointless not to include the raw string, and including it provides a small service that might be useful to some people. It's certainly not the main purpose of the tool though, the stats and links are.

Lambda
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU+F, TM²C

Post by Lambda » 27 May 2012 12:01

Nice tool.

Maybe you can convert the time of registration into human readable string?
Registration #: 42241 / 11118217

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 27 May 2012 12:49

Cool stuff :P Handy and gives lots of allround infos ^^

Just 2 things:
1) Links referring to ESWC's tm-ladder (when you search an ESWC login) are useless since the site doesnt work correctly, it tells "unknown login" whatever you search (or the whole ESWC ladder is down in first place? I did read it somewhere)
2) Can Wins/Draws/Losses be added to TMF and TM2 accs' infos? They are included with ESWC accs

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 May 2012 20:35

Lambda wrote:Nice tool.
Thanks.
Lambda wrote:Maybe you can convert the time of registration into human readable string?
Registration #: 42241 / 11118217
It's not an epoch time but a number, the second number is the total registrations count you can also see at http://trackmaniaforever.com/ .

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 May 2012 20:41

»Enryx« wrote:Cool stuff :P Handy and gives lots of allround infos ^^
Thanks.
»Enryx« wrote:Just 2 things:
1) Links referring to ESWC's tm-ladder (when you search an ESWC login) are useless since the site doesnt work correctly, it tells "unknown login" whatever you search (or the whole ESWC ladder is down in first place? I did read it somewhere)
The ladder itself couldn't be down, or you wouldn't see any stats either. As for TM-Ladder ESWC, I thought it still worked when I initially developed the tool early this year. Maybe Smurf can be motivated to fix it some day. :wink:
»Enryx« wrote:2) Can Wins/Draws/Losses be added to TMF and TM2 accs' infos? They are included with ESWC accs
I would already have done that if it were possible, but the TMF and MP web APIs don't return those values.

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 28 May 2012 15:45

oook :P

weasel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF,TM2all

Post by weasel » 28 May 2012 18:34

works great.

Good work Xymph

McRobert
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMFU, TM²

Post by McRobert » 19 Jan 2013 17:51

Hello Xymph, I wanted to ask if you can integrate into my website in the page of my Clan player metastats your script, if you like I can do ...
Hello and thank you
BaMcRober

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 19 Jan 2013 17:57

McRobert wrote:Hello Xymph, I wanted to ask if you can integrate into my website in the page of my Clan player metastats your script, if you like I can do ...
What? :?

Also, your first .sig link is broken.

McRobert
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMFU, TM²

Post by McRobert » 19 Jan 2013 18:17

Sorry Xymph, Translation of Goole ;)
Can I have your script "metastats" to integrate it into my site clan Page?
BaMcRober

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 19 Jan 2013 20:20

McRobert wrote:Can I have your script "metastats" to integrate it into my site clan Page?
Nope. :)

Also, your .sig link is still broken. :roll: