TMNF server help

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

BeerHuntor
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

TMNF server help

Post by BeerHuntor » 09 Jan 2012 20:20

ok ive set up a dedicated server, following the tutorials listed on this forum. I have it running from servermania. Everything is set to how it should be, i.e the server is hidden allowing free players to join (Set manually via config and servermania). The ports have been forwarded. (2360 and 3460) had to change port number as was setting up two servers and playing via client.

I can connect via party play no problems at all. I have added the server to my favourites list via the link in the ingame browser tmtp://#addfavourite=alloyracing

shows up in the favourite list no problem. I go to join it, and it says contacting server for ages, then it fails to connect saying
"Could Not contact server
connection to *ip* failed or disconnected from server (10060)"

I have even tried to connect via the tmtp://#join=alloyracing and that asks for a password that i have not set.

I am really frustrated with this at the moment, and it seems that players are able to connect as i was typing this post i got a connection from an unknown player. I am running the free version on TMNF.

Many thanks.

BeerHuntor

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Re: TMNF server help

Post by Ant » 09 Jan 2012 20:39

BeerHuntor
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by BeerHuntor » 10 Jan 2012 15:04

Anyone know what the issue could be??

BeerHuntor
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by BeerHuntor » 10 Jan 2012 17:48

I have put together an extensive step by step that i have done, in the hopes someone may recognize the problem.

OK, first, let me make it known that I am currently using the FREE version of TMNF.

I have tried setting up a dedicated server via the tutorials on tm-forum.com. I have downloaded the dedicated server files, created a "master server account". I have edited the config file shown below (*** represent private info)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<dedicated>
	<authorization_levels>
		<level>
			<name>SuperAdmin</name>
			<password>***</password>
		</level>
		<level>
			<name>Admin</name>
			<password>***</password>
		</level>
		<level>
			<name>User</name>
			<password>User</password>
		</level>
	</authorization_levels>

<masterserver_account>
		<login>alloyracing</login>
		<password>***</password>
		<validation_key></validation_key>
	</masterserver_account>

<server_options>
		<name>Alloy Racing</name>
		<comment>Alloy Racing Team Server</comment>
		<hide_server>0</hide_server>					<!-- value is 0 (always shown), 1 (always hidden), 2 (hidden from nations) -->

<max_players>32</max_players>
		<password></password>

<max_spectators>32</max_spectators>
		<password_spectator></password_spectator>

<ladder_mode>forced</ladder_mode>				<!-- value between 'inactive', 'forced' (or '0', '1') -->
		<ladder_serverlimit_min>0</ladder_serverlimit_min>		<!-- Those values will be clamped to the limits authorized on http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-ladderserver/ -->
		<ladder_serverlimit_max>50000</ladder_serverlimit_max>		

<enable_p2p_upload>False</enable_p2p_upload>
		<enable_p2p_download>False</enable_p2p_download>

<callvote_timeout>60000</callvote_timeout>
		<callvote_ratio>0.5</callvote_ratio>				<!-- default ratio. value in [0..1], or -1 to forbid. -->
		<callvote_ratios>
			<voteratio command="Ban" ratio="0.65"/>
			<!-- commands can be "Ban", "Kick", "ChallengeRestart", "NextChallenge", ... -->
		</callvote_ratios>

<allow_challenge_download>True</allow_challenge_download>
		<autosave_replays>False</autosave_replays>
		<autosave_validation_replays>False</autosave_validation_replays>

<referee_password></referee_password>
		<referee_validation_mode>0</referee_validation_mode>		<!-- value is 0 (only validate top3 players),  1 (validate all players) -->

<use_changing_validation_seed>False</use_changing_validation_seed>
	</server_options>

<system_config>
		<connection_uploadrate>512</connection_uploadrate>		<!-- Kbps (kilo bits per second) -->
		<connection_downloadrate>8192</connection_downloadrate>		<!-- Kbps -->

<force_ip_address></force_ip_address>
		<server_port>2355</server_port>
		<server_p2p_port>3455</server_p2p_port>
		<client_port>0</client_port>
		<bind_ip_address></bind_ip_address>
		<use_nat_upnp>True</use_nat_upnp>

<p2p_cache_size>600</p2p_cache_size>

<xmlrpc_port>5000</xmlrpc_port>
		<xmlrpc_allowremote>False</xmlrpc_allowremote>			<!-- If you specify an ip adress here, it'll be the only accepted adress. this will improve security. -->

<blacklist_url></blacklist_url>
		<guestlist_filename></guestlist_filename>
		<blacklist_filename></blacklist_filename>

<packmask>Stadium</packmask>

<allow_spectator_relays>False</allow_spectator_relays>

<!-- <minimum_client_build>2009-10-01</minimum_client_build> -->

<!-- <disable_coherence_checks>laps</disable_coherence_checks> -->

<use_proxy>False</use_proxy>
		<proxy_login></proxy_login>
		<proxy_password></proxy_password>
	</system_config>
</dedicated>
A few things to note, In the <hide_server> </hide_server> section I have changed this to both 0 and 1 and had the same outcome. I then have forwarded all the necessary ports via my router shown below. The 8002 ports are for the yet to be installed server controller.

And then assigned the application to my PC as shown below.

So with all that done, it should be good to go yes? Well in a sense it is, you see, I was talking with someone from tm-forum.com last night he was using TMU and could connect to it no problem. From my side, i took all the relative steps from a free account, I used the tmtp://#addfavourite=alloyracing in the in game explorer url bar that added no problem. I then use both the tmtp://#join=alloyracing link, and then asks me for a password which is not set if you see the config file, or it attempts to contact the server and eventually says "cannot contact the server (ip:port) disconnected from server (10050)" i think is the error message. This happens both on the tmtp link and the favorites server list.

Using this method to connect to any other server I do not have a problem. Its just connecting to my own server that gives me the issue.

I hope someone could shed some light on this, as i have been pounding my head against the wall for days over this matter.

Regards,
BeerHuntor

BeerHuntor
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by BeerHuntor » 10 Jan 2012 23:23

This issue is now resolved. It was something to do with my router not allowing netloop connections or something or other. So i fixed it now :D

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 11 Jan 2012 16:14

Glad you got it resolved, i'll check out the server again soon when you get a controller up and running.

BeerHuntor
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by BeerHuntor » 11 Jan 2012 16:34

Working on that now man :)... Just stumped abit on where the actuall controller folder is suppose to be, as it cant find the specified file, and cant work it out from the quickstart guide lol.

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Ant » 11 Jan 2012 17:23

Well, it can go inside the the dedicated folder or alongside it. I have both the tmf (dedicated server) and XAseco folders in the root of my webspace (but outside the public_html directory - all 3 of those directories are in the root of my webspace)