Thank you!I've downloaded this and looked at the setup. IMPRESSIVE is my first comment!
OH YEAH - a lot of work!!!Having built the usbTMFserver pretty much in the same way I understood you've done (reading, editing and trying), you've come up with a more pro-looking setup I must say.
Making it to work with every controller is great, and I know how much work is put in this.
Look at my name... it´s magic ^^What I don't understand is how you've included all this with just 21 MB. Do you have any tips to where I could look for links for creating a setup-file like you've done?
To be serious:
- The final setup was made with Inno Setup. A handy Freewaretool that uses 7Zip for compressing the data.
- The GUI was made in html, java and little bit VBScript. On this page i found the right hints: MSDN Library from Microsoft.
The Main-HTA is approx 32 KB big and uses jquery ( jquery is approx 300 KB big )
- Generating the configurationfiles was made with php ^^ Somewhere i found the hint, that it is possible to run a php-file without a running webserver, simply by call it via the php.exe - in that way you can use any phpcode to generate/manipulate files at your harddisk. Simple but powerfull ( the code for generating all configurationfiles is 17 KB "big" )
On the whole the "pure" TmSiaB is approx 400 KB small, using differnt types of simple code.
- "MoWes Portable Webserver": is very small.. but it´s getting big if you put any data in the databases... so I´ve generated the pure Databes + Tables, made a backup of the whole thing... tested it... and deleted the Testtingarea at the end... For the TmSiaB-Release my "old small" backup was used.
- Dedicated Servers: Deleted the Linuxserver, delted any "rubbish" and made a backup of the data. Testing the whole thing and at the end I used the old small backup.
- My "Projekt and Backup Directory" for TmSiaB is approx 5,5 GB big
- Finally I copied all the small pieces together in one directorystructure, made a backup, let it run: SUCCESS!
That´s all - there is no magic behind the code
Simply tried to avoid any unnecessary code and data...
If you´re curious: All the files in the TmSiaB-Directory are readable with a editor ( except the Dedicated Server Binarys and the MoWe Binarys).
One example: The php-file who is creating the config-files: Readxml_process_config_writexml.php