Server with Anti-Cheat

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

php.cfg
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Server with Anti-Cheat

Post by php.cfg » 27 Mar 2010 16:03

I found a Germany server yesterday, where there is an anticheat system. I was trying to hack the server throught 2 hours, but I failed :(. It seems, this is a very good anticheat system.
We try to hack this server together!!!!
Server connect link: Join Server

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Re: Server with Anti-Cheat

Post by jouko100 » 27 Mar 2010 17:24

purpose is to dowload client and then u cant cheat.

php.cfg
highway camper
highway camper

Post by php.cfg » 27 Mar 2010 17:27

No Cheat & No Hack = FairPlay

sRaH
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by sRaH » 27 Mar 2010 17:32

It Works i Love this.

raceking
highway camper
highway camper

Post by raceking » 27 Mar 2010 17:41

lol nice client :D i love this color! otherwise I realy pleased your job!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 27 Mar 2010 17:47

You're trying to get players to download and run some undefined executable? Veeerrrryyy suspect, seems like an easy way to get infected with malware, a virus, or whatever. I'd stay well clear of this, at least until they fully describe what this thing's purpose is.

Or maybe it's an April Fool's joke five days early. :roll:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

waartu
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMNF TMF TMU

Post by waartu » 27 Mar 2010 17:56

We trying to attempt with this project. And this is a test period. You could try to run this client in virtual machine, it is not virus. We are listen to the people reactions relate this system. and we're waiting for the posts with this system.
http : http://waartu.sytes.net
Last edited by waartu on 27 Mar 2010 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Mar 2010 20:45

waartu wrote:We trying to attempt with this project.
"to attempt"... what, exactly? That sentence is not complete.
waartu wrote:And this is a test period. You could try to run this client in virtual machine, it is not virus. We are listen to the people reactions relate this system. and we're waiting for the posts with this system.
http : http://waartu.sytes.net
Ok, the site helps. But if I understand the description correctly, it only works against cheaters that are running your client (whatever it does). Prospective cheaters will not be stupid enough to install a client that claims to prevent them from cheating. So how would this help servers against cheating players not running this client?

Also, it's stated that players that were detected cheating won't be able to connect to other servers using this system, which sounds like a duplication of the existing Dedimania global blacklist (thread here). Besides, what is running on the server's end to be aware of which players to block?

I'm afraid I have to be critical because your claim as to this being "the first TM anti-cheat system in the world" seems far-fetched, and you're not open (enough) about what the client does and how the system works. Security through obscurity rarely lasts very long. :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

waartu
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by waartu » 27 Mar 2010 20:57

first, sorry for my bad english.
the servers ,which has got a server side system (in the test period just own servers has got this system.) don't allow to play the player while he isn't running the client, because there is a nice white screen :D. You must download and start the client, that you playing in the servers, which has server side system. the players are in a global database, and if a player has cheated, the player has banned from the global bann list.
the global bann list is available on theese servers, which has the server side system.

if you think, try it, and find a backhole. but you won't find :)
Or if you will find a backhole, you can report on the website, or in the program by using the report button, or in this forum topic :)

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 27 Mar 2010 21:20

Just play in PLAYFASTER server with TPS OS 1.4 and you can never cheat!!!
No executable, no malware, all on the server.

waartu
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by waartu » 27 Mar 2010 21:27

Gekko wrote:Just play in PLAYFASTER server with TPS OS 1.4 and you can never cheat!!!
But the PLAYFASTER server with TPS OS 1.4 is protects any of memory hacks? and tps is protects if you overwrite the tmforever.exe in assembly or tps is protects login hacks or any of the trainers which the players can download? :)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Mar 2010 22:24

waartu wrote:if you think, try it, and find a backhole. but you won't find :)
Or if you will find a backhole, you can report on the website, or in the program by using the report button, or in this forum topic :)
Backhole, blackhole, loophole... :roll: I downloaded the file but didn't run it, yet when viewing the directory the file is in, my AVG virus scanner pops up and reports that it contains the Win32/Heur trojan. According to a wide variety of Google results this is nasty persistent malware. Everyone is strongly advised to stay clear of this. :grmblz:

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 27 Mar 2010 22:34

Yeah I saw this myself and to be honest, it looks very dodgy. People: Never download an executable without being 100% sure of its content .

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Mar 2010 22:43

Gekko wrote:Just play in PLAYFASTER server with TPS OS 1.4 and you can never cheat!!!
Beating your own drums, as you do so often, is not an appropriate contribution at this point.

waartu
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by waartu » 27 Mar 2010 22:43

Xymph wrote:
waartu wrote:if you think, try it, and find a backhole. but you won't find :)
Backhole, blackhole, loophole... :roll: I downloaded the file but didn't run it, yet when viewing the directory the file is in, my AVG virus scanner pops up and reports that it contains the Win32/Heur trojan. According to a wide variety of Google results this is nasty persistent malware. Everyone is strongly advised to stay clear of this. :grmblz:
Yes, the executable was packed mpress exe compressor, that the hackers aren't debugging the file. PLease try it : donwload mpress exe compressor. end check an executable before you packed it, and pack. and check the file, after you packed it :)

Thank you :)