Dedicated server for TMF, version 2009-11-19

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

xbx
Developer
Developer

Post by xbx » 19 Nov 2009 18:11

Hi all!

As there were a few minor glitches left in the 2009-10-09 version, here's an update:

You can download it from
http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/Tra ... -11-19.zip
or
http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/Tra ... -11-19.tgz

Changes:
  • guest player no longer need to input the password, as expected.
  • a new attempt at fixing the abusive ban of players in timeattack with laps races.
  • a few left-over issues from the protocol changes.
  • server crash when a player validated a race.

And I also updated the game fix to iron everything out:
nations: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TMN ... -11-19.zip
united: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TMU ... -11-19.zip

(copy the exe files to your "program files" game folder)

Please test it a bit!
If everything goes as planned, I'll include it with the StarTrack update, so that's the last chance to make sure it happens smoothly.

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: Dedicated server for TMF, version 2009-11-19

Post by FoxShadow » 19 Nov 2009 18:35

I'll try dedicated and clients.
Thank you!

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 19 Nov 2009 20:46

nice update again.

StarTrack update?!?!

where did we miss that.

isnt it the mapcontest nadeo and tmx hosted past year for a new mode?

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 19 Nov 2009 22:44

xbx wrote:Please test it a bit!
Updated my public and test servers, and my clients. No initial issues on the servers and with the TMNF client, but my TMUF client cannot reach the master server anymore (yes, it's allowed by the firewall).
I tried reverting to the previous build, that didn't help at first but on a second attempt it connects again.
Then the already upgraded TMNF again, and this time it can't connect. All of this on my game PC.
Then I tried TMNF on my laptop, and that can still connect as it's running the previous build.
Then I completely reinstalled TMNF on my game PC, upgraded it to v2009-10-09 with the official .exe which can also connect, and then to v2009-11-19 with the beta .zip. That again stalls upon connecting to the master server. So at this time, I'm afraid there's a problem with this client release. :(

Also, the version number in both is still the old 2.11.23... surely that's not intentional? That was already used for the 2009-10-08 beta and 2009-10-09 release clients.

Nevertheless, Versions list and Methods site updated (although no methods changed).
xbx wrote:If everything goes as planned, I'll include it with the StarTrack update, so that's the last chance to make sure it happens smoothly.
Is it related to this? What's this StarTrack campaign?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 20 Nov 2009 06:55

Is it safe to update yet...? :lol:

I've been too worried over the banning on incoherence issues... The server is located remotely so I can only access the logs via VI, as they are too huge to download regularly to check if there are a few improper bannings.

I still don't see the reason why there can't be a config option to disable the banning on incoherences. After all, it seems there is no action Nadeo is seeking to take against the players in question themselves -- the only effect it has in on the server. Add on top of that the issues that have already been experienced, and the questionability of the checks' effectiveness, I don't see why the choice shouldn't be put in the hands of the server operators themselves.

Edit: Oh, and StarTrack... new campaign in all environments, consisting of community made tracks submitted to the contest last year. Not too big of a deal for me -- only race online.

xbx
Developer
Developer

Post by xbx » 20 Nov 2009 09:42

Xymph wrote: That again stalls upon connecting to the master server.
That's very strange. (I really don't changed any thing related to this, and it does seem to work for others)

Can you confirm it again?
And can you send me a pm with the logins you tried, and the exact error message if any?

Do other people observe the same behaviour?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 Nov 2009 10:44

xbx wrote:
Xymph wrote: That again stalls upon connecting to the master server.
That's very strange. (I really don't changed any thing related to this, and it does seem to work for others)

Can you confirm it again?
Yes, it was strange... but this morning there's no problem anymore, both TMNF and TMUF can login okay after upgrading with the .zip patch. No idea if it was a problem with the master server or my game PC then. If the latter, then sorry for the false alarm. :?
xbx wrote:And can you send me a pm with the logins you tried, and the exact error message if any?
Sent. There was no error message, it would just hang on the first pop-up message that says "Checking the connection to the game master server".
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 20 Nov 2009 11:11

Xymph wrote:There was no error message, it would just hang on the first pop-up message that says "Checking the connection to the game master server".
That would usually suggest a (local) firewall issue, but your post says you checked that. Did you try removing TMxF from the firewall and then adding them again when the firewall prompted you to ask if it was OK?

General question - does this dedi server update have any affect on the various server controllers available?
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

FragLesS
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMF,TMUF

Post by FragLesS » 20 Nov 2009 12:37

Update works fine for me, no more random bans and guestlist is working.

THX XBX!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 Nov 2009 13:25

El Fuego wrote:That would usually suggest a (local) firewall issue, but your post says you checked that. Did you try removing TMxF from the firewall and then adding them again when the firewall prompted you to ask if it was OK?
Yes, multiple times (due to the reinstall and 10-09 and 11-19 patches).
El Fuego wrote:General question - does this dedi server update have any affect on the various server controllers available?
I haven't noticed anything w.r.t. XAseco, but then they haven't been running the new dedi very long yet.

floccus
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by floccus » 20 Nov 2009 16:23

i've just got banned on my own server.
multilap - i used respawn on last cp, reason: (time incoherence)...

xbx
Developer
Developer

Post by xbx » 20 Nov 2009 17:34

floccus wrote:i've just got banned on my own server.
multilap - i used respawn on last cp, reason: (time incoherence)...
aaargh! :x
I just don't understand and I can't seem to reproduce the problem.
I give up. (for now, that is!)

So you can add a new option to the dedicated_cfg file:

in section <system_config>
add

Code: Select all

<disable_coherence_checks>laps</disable_coherence_checks>  
    <!-- values: false (default) , laps (disable the check only for laps races), true (disable all the checks) --> 

floccus
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by floccus » 20 Nov 2009 18:35

just happened to me again...
on map A08 (this multilap from Nadeo White campaign) heh.
i respawned after cp, and then i crossed finish line - i got banned (time incoherence).
server has newest dedicated build (from this topic)
and i have my TMUF client updated, but it's not yestardays release - just previous one (maybe its connected with this)

also i have couple of servers running on this newest build and no one complained about it yet.

and thanks for <disable_coherence_checks>, i will do it when poeple start bashing me :)

edit: happened to me for 3rd and 4th time now. im getting banned after few respawns. but strange - only me, not everyone else while most ppl doing respawns on A08 :)

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 21 Nov 2009 17:22

Have the server files been edited to add the config option..? Files look to be the same to me..

Or, was the config option there all along, and you just weren't going to tell us..? :roflol:

floccus
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by floccus » 22 Nov 2009 11:48

El Fuego wrote: General question - does this dedi server update have any affect on the various server controllers available?
XAseco 1.10/remoteCP 4.0.3.2 - you can't change MaxPlayers and MaxSpecs. At least it's not working for me :) Different methods?