TMSPS : .Net based server control system

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

maau
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: Finally I've TMUF ^^

Re: TMSPS : .Net based server control system

Post by maau » 31 Jul 2009 22:46

Noob question. I've read the installationHelp, but I don't exactly get what do I have to put when it asks for username and pass in the installation. I've tried with my Windows account (no pass) and It says that it's not valid. TM Server account, not valid. TMUF Account, not valid. Help me please, this looks promising !!

Scordo
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Scordo » 01 Aug 2009 09:29

maau wrote:Noob question. I've read the installationHelp, but I don't exactly get what do I have to put when it asks for username and pass in the installation. I've tried with my Windows account (no pass) and It says that it's not valid. TM Server account, not valid. TMUF Account, not valid. Help me please, this looks promising !!
First of all, set a password for your windows username.
And than for the username dont forget to prefix it with ".\"for example as Username .\maau

Hope it helps.
Debuggers don't remove bugs, they only show them in slow motion

>> Help me and contribute to: TMSPS <<

maau
road tourist
road tourist

Post by maau » 01 Aug 2009 15:06

Isn't any way that avoids the windows username account password ?
I mean, my account is an administrator one, but I want to login to windows without inserting any password. Can I do that ?

Scordo
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Scordo » 02 Aug 2009 11:18

Just tested it and it is possible to provide no password in the Username/Password Box. So just type as user:

.\YourUsername

and leave the password boxes empty.

This works.

Greetings,
Scordo

maau
road tourist
road tourist

Post by maau » 02 Aug 2009 15:54

Nope, I'm afraid it still doesn't work. I put my username with the .\ ahead and it still doesn't works. Help ?

Scordo
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Scordo » 04 Aug 2009 13:12

Sorry, I dont have a clue why it doesnt work for you. To workaround your problem you could just create a second user with password and use this user for registering the service.

Dont forgett to give the user enough permissions (for example administrative rights).

SCO

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by LaBBe- » 11 Aug 2009 15:55

maau wrote:Isn't any way that avoids the windows username account password ?
I mean, my account is an administrator one, but I want to login to windows without inserting any password. Can I do that ?
first, always use a password with an adminstrator login!

secondly, if youre brave enough you can set up your windows to automatically to login a password protected account from: run -> type: control userpasswords2 -> uncheck "users must enter a username and password to use this computer" and hit OK -> enter your login and password to the fields and youre done

Scordo: im sorry but i dont like the controller :( i use linux so you lost me there already. but i drove on your server and it seems just to be a slower version of XASECO. mind you i just had a quick look but the look and the announcements made me think i was on XASECO server and at least for me the manialink windows loaded quite slowly

of course this is only my opinion. on the other hand i think its great youre giving something to the community (which i cant say for myself ^^ i dont code, dont create tracks or vids or skins, i just drive) so keep up the good work :1

Scordo
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Scordo » 11 Aug 2009 21:28

Currently I'm searching for a bug, which may have been introduced by a big refactoring. A previous version ran on the old server with 145 Players with full UI without any problems :(

I developed my own system because xaseco wasn't able to serve more than 50 players stable. But since the server-account replacement we dont have so much players on the server :(

Anyway, the system was written for my server in my favourite language. I dont like PHP because typesafety is missing. With my own system I'm able to write whatever plugin I want in my favourite language :)

maau
road tourist
road tourist

Post by maau » 15 Aug 2009 14:11

Me again ;)

I have good and bad news. The good news are that I could finally install but the bad news are that XAseco doesn't appear in the server. Any solution ?

Scordo
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Scordo » 15 Aug 2009 20:13

maau wrote:Me again ;)

I have good and bad news. The good news are that I could finally install but the bad news are that XAseco doesn't appear in the server. Any solution ?
Sorry, I dont understand. Where is the relation to XAseco? Doy ou managed to start the server with the service warapper and are wondering why your XAseco isn't running? The Service Wrapper only starts the Trackmania server not XAseco. If you want XAseco to be running you have to manuall start XAseco or setup a second Service Wrapper pointing to the batch-file which starts XAseco.

Good luck!
SCO

maau
road tourist
road tourist

Post by maau » 16 Aug 2009 00:23

Ahhhhhhhhh, that explains it then. I was asking you because in your server it says this server runs TMSPS. But you just easily changed the image, simple thing though. Anyway it's still a great utility to always have my server running. Thanks for your help Scordo ;)