Server in Hosting

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

rastafe
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Server in Hosting

Post by rastafe » 26 Apr 2009 09:56

Hi all.

First: Im sorry for my english, but my english is very bad, this words i write help by google translator.

I need help in something:

I have TMUF and i have a server 0-60K LP with Servermania, Dedicated Server, Xampp and Xaseco, all that locally in my pc.

This server work fine, but last days i buy hosting for my clan webpage and i desire up this server for remote control in my hosting, for work 24 hours, but i dont know as do?.

Thanks for any answer.

Bye.

n4p1
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Re: Server in Hosting

Post by n4p1 » 26 Apr 2009 12:57

you need dedicated server with ssh access for that.

rastafe
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by rastafe » 26 Apr 2009 21:34

Thanks friend n4p1 for your answer.

Really Sorry, but i dont know what is "ssh", do you have a manual or tutorial step by step?.

Tks anyway.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 26 Apr 2009 21:52

rastafe wrote:Really Sorry, but i dont know what is "ssh", do you have a manual or tutorial step by step?.
ssh = secure shell, a way to log into a remote server (e.g. at a data center).
For info on setting up a server, read this post and the tutorials linked there, and on my TMF hub page. Be prepared to invest time and learn a lot of stuff. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 27 Apr 2009 19:58

A simple webhosting plan will not let you run a gameserver. Typically, you only have FTP/file access, and no access to a console to run the server. Even if your host does give SSH access, more than likely you'll have your account terminated for violation of your service agreement.

You basically need to rent a virtual/root server -- a hosting plan intended for things such as gameservers, which will probably cost you 5 to 10 times the amount you currently are paying. With these plans, you typically have a set amount of resources, such as RAM, so you need to make sure to get a plan that can handle what you are running.

Alternatively -- you can keep the server on your computer, and run remotecp on the webhost. Just need to set up DynDNS on your router if you have a dynamic IP, enable remote xmlrpc connections in your server config, and set the remotecp to connect to your DynDNS address.