The big Dedimania discussion

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Re: The big Dedimania discussion

Post by Slig » 17 Apr 2009 00:37

My apologies, it was not a bad script change, but an added column in one of the dedimania table, which by some side effect made some part of the script fail to work correctly :( . And of course just after the table change i was too busy at my job, and so I noticed the problem very later. :?

After having fixed the script, I had to remove all records made between ~ 15:00pm and 21:00pm (CET). The other solution would have been to come back to the database backup of 5:10am, which was worse. Sorry again, especially to those who made some good time while it was not working.

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMU
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 18 Apr 2009 10:01

I have been having troubles with dedimania.

axn-ford finished the track with a time of 24,20 and Dedimania gets him a record as if his time was 24,49

I am using w1lla Dedimania plugin for Aseco. is it a probleme with the plugin or dedimania ?

Thanks
ImageImage
Manialink : oliverde8color>
Servers : STATS <> United | VeryShort | Made In Turkey

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 18 Apr 2009 10:29

oliverde8 wrote:axn-ford finished the track with a time of 24,20 and Dedimania gets him a record as if his time was 24,49
I am using w1lla Dedimania plugin for Aseco. is it a probleme with the plugin or dedimania ?
Normally all scripts send times to Dedimania at the end of the map, so all messages indicated before can be only anticipated scripts ones.

To understand what happened, it would need to have at least the part of the script log concerning that map (btw i don't know at all what infos are in this script logs). Perhaps that the player leaved then came back on the server during the map, having done 24.20 before and 24.49 after ? i have no idea how his plugin handle things in such case. Better ask it on the script forum anyway...

McBain
cyclist
cyclist

Post by McBain » 19 Apr 2009 20:53

I have to say big congratulations for the amount of time you invested to handle the fakerecs topic. For me dedimania wasn't useful anymore since 1 year. But now everything is changing :) I see that the most popular maps dont have cheated recs anymore and I thank you guys for this effort very much!!!
Problems to chat in TMNF/TMUF? This is YOUR thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14172

Aseco/Rasp 2: ->ok
Xaseco: ->very nice
Mistralaseco: ->very nice too
T.R.U.C.K.: ->nice
FAST: ->nice
RCP4: ->fast and simple

jimos94
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): fun

Post by jimos94 » 22 Apr 2009 17:07

Just a suggestion.. what about having a dedimania rank? ^^ like we say server rank.
http://www.tm-planet.net/ Server hosting, Interviews, Events and more :)

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 22 Apr 2009 19:10

jimos94 wrote:Just a suggestion.. what about having a dedimania rank? ^^ like we say server rank.
I don't know how much cpu and db usage it would need.

Btw, anyone is welcome to suggest how such ranks should be computed.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 22 Apr 2009 19:24

jimos94 wrote:Just a suggestion.. what about having a dedimania rank? ^^ like we say server rank.
Don't see anyway this could be done, or even why it is necessary with the ladder.

It'd need to be restricted to certain popular tracks, with a point based average... would be gruesome to implement, and won't really accomplish anything useful to most servers.

To me, it seems DM should be meant purely as a leaderboard for tracks. It's nice to have the option to use it as a primary database, to store all your server's records and player info -- but with millions and millions of times, everything will keep getting overloaded (as it is now).

Perhaps the best option is the simplest... only keep the top 100 verified times for any given track.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 22 Apr 2009 19:33

Lets say 4 097 305 registred drivers drive records

3600 servers are known.

1,138.14 players should have recs on each server....

If you want to play safe make it 10 like TMX and in that way you can have a life time enjoyment aswell as that dedimania will not cost as much as it does now.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 22 Apr 2009 20:01

Well, do we really need that is my question? What would be the next "cheat" then? Make 1000 tracks, race them on a password-server (with tape on the pf-button, register the dedi-times, and then let no other people play those tracks... And what would be the "calculation-point" if you haven't played a map... And so on........

I see alot of obstacles along that road, I must say :|

edit: and 10 recs pr. map would mean the only way "normal" people get dedi recs, are on maps that almost never get played on a online server. I'd be sad to see such a solution that the dedi-system are for "cheaters" and the top10 in the world.
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

jimos94
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): fun

Post by jimos94 » 23 Apr 2009 15:21

that was a bad idea ^^
http://www.tm-planet.net/ Server hosting, Interviews, Events and more :)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 25 Apr 2009 21:18

Xymph wrote:So, we are not done yet, but we've already made a huge amount of progress in cleaning up the database.
As noted in the cheater thread, additional scans have resulted in clean-up of a bunch more cheated and other erroneous records, and I believe the bulk of the bogus entries are now gone. Once again, please let me know of possible leftovers.

The database now contains nearly 4.6 million records, slightly more than the 4.5 million two and a half weeks ago before I started the scanning/deletion process, so I think the overall corruption of the database was far less than nocturne believed. Glad we didn't flush the whole thing? :)
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 25 Apr 2009 21:27

:thumbsup:
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 26 Apr 2009 01:35

I hope you got them all, so I can see recs on my tracks again, looks like every track I have at TMX had there recs removed from Dedimania.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 26 Apr 2009 08:23

Jackel wrote:I hope you got them all, so I can see recs on my tracks again, looks like every track I have at TMX had there recs removed from Dedimania.
Not sure what you mean, TMX has read-only ability on the Dedimania database so it shows the top-10 online records for many tracks, if available. But it also still uses the closed-down Aseco public database for some tracks (or maybe only in the old Nations/Sunrise/Original sections), so no online records are shown there.

For the actual, current record lists you better check the Dedimania stats site.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

McBain
cyclist
cyclist

Post by McBain » 27 Apr 2009 20:50

Xymph wrote:
Xymph wrote:So, we are not done yet, but we've already made a huge amount of progress in cleaning up the database.
As noted in the cheater thread, additional scans have resulted in clean-up of a bunch more cheated and other erroneous records, and I believe the bulk of the bogus entries are now gone. Once again, please let me know of possible leftovers.

The database now contains nearly 4.6 million records, slightly more than the 4.5 million two and a half weeks ago before I started the scanning/deletion process, so I think the overall corruption of the database was far less than nocturne believed. Glad we didn't flush the whole thing? :)
Only the popular maps were corrupted like hell and there are not so many maps popular :)
Problems to chat in TMNF/TMUF? This is YOUR thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14172

Aseco/Rasp 2: ->ok
Xaseco: ->very nice
Mistralaseco: ->very nice too
T.R.U.C.K.: ->nice
FAST: ->nice
RCP4: ->fast and simple