Dedicated server for TMF, version 2008-12-05

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Re: Dedicated server for TMF, version 2008-12-05

Post by Slig » 10 Jan 2009 20:00

twoeagles wrote:Ok, so these updates are primarily for servers, but I am especially interested in the referee files...
False : you have the dedicated which have updates ( viewtopic.php?f=28&t=14203 ), but the game also have optional FIXes ( viewtopic.php?f=28&t=19288 ). And as in last game FIXes essentially fixed referee problems, you are also concerned by them if you need a referee.

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Post by twoeagles » 14 Jan 2009 13:07

Thanks Knutselmaaster, but that doesn't answer my question, is there a pool of refs available... I am aware of what they are and do, just wondering if there is now, or will be in the future a pool of official refs in the game, available on an as needed basis for servers requiring them. :?

Slig: thank you, I know there are options for non-dedicated vs. dedicated servers, and the links you posted say unavailable... but do you know anything about the question I posted above this text, regarding refs? :?:

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 14 Jan 2009 13:31

twoeagles wrote:Thanks Knutselmaaster, but that doesn't answer my question, is there a pool of refs available... I am aware of what they are and do, just wondering if there is now, or will be in the future a pool of official refs in the game, available on an as needed basis for servers requiring them. :?
I think not : referee is a tool that you have to start yourself, i don't think that it will change.
twoeagles wrote:Slig: thank you, I know there are options for non-dedicated vs. dedicated servers, and the links you posted say unavailable...
which links are unavailable ??? i just tested all in my previous post and all seemed ok.

twoeagles
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: tm.

Post by twoeagles » 14 Jan 2009 15:43

Thanks again, Slig, that's what I wanted to know. As for the links, um, nm, they both seem to be working now, may have been too much net congestion last time I checked LOL. :lol:

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 14 Jan 2009 23:18

As a forefighter of cheatbusting ( sorry, this frase came up into my little head and i just had to write it) i find it a very good idea, a pool of referees.
Now for 24/7 referees this is kind of unlikely to be any success but maybe we (or someone, i'm really quite buzy with setting up my new team and website, but allways willing to lend a hand, I've allready set up a cheatbustersforum that can be used if needed) can set something up so that for wars and tournaments there will be some referees available?

In any case, i'll be glad to help out sometimes if anyone needs a referee for an occation, just follow the link under my posts and contact me on my Intense Racing forums.
I don't ask anything in return, although a volontary copperdonation is allways welcome..... :lol: