TMNF/TMUF Ladder Server : 60K+ howto

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

TMNF/TMUF Ladder Server : 60K+ howto

Post by Slig » 05 Oct 2008 11:13

What ?
You want to promote your standard dedicated server as a Ladder server (ie a server which give ladder points above 50K)

Prerequisites
* you have a working dedicated server (if not then first make it work !, and don't ask in this thread !...).
* enough coppers on your TMUF account (it's an insurance, you'll get it back if you set it back to standard, except if Nadeo have revoked it because of abuse) to promote the server to the wanted type of ladder server.
* use the last dedicated server release

Howto make server promotion as Ladder server ?
* go on the PlayerPage, Ladder servers section, read the rules of various kind of ladder servers, then enter dedicated login, select the type, and enter the last three characters of your player key as Validation code. Save the change.

* in the dedicated server configuration file :
- set in <validation_key> the last three characters of your player key (the same that you used to promote de login)
- set <ladder_mode> to forced
- set in <ladder_serverlimit_min> the minimum ladder value for the server type.
- set in <ladder_serverlimit_max> the maximum ladder value for the server type.
- empty <password> and <password_spectator>.
- set <max_players> to fit the server type rules.
- set <max_spectators> to fit the server type rules.
- set <use_changing_validation_seed> to True if needed in the server type rules.
- set <referee_validation_mode> to 1

* configure your dedicated matchsettings to fit the rules of the server type :
- right game mode (ie Rounds or TimeAttack) to fit the server type rules.
- acceptable maps (for the server type rules). I have no clue about it. I suppose that most time eswc, esl, ul, sl, le maps are ok... so mainly 45s to 1min15s maps with minimum skill level involved, and no (or very few) random parts.

* for high levels ladder servers (actually only the highest need it), you will have to setup a game as referee on the server.
To setup a referee, you can just join the game then setup as referee, or else you can start a windowless referee using : ".....\TmForever.exe" /login="playerlogin" /password="playerpassword" /joinasreferee="serverlogin" /joinpassword="refereepass" /windowless (it needs the GAME FIX !)
Here is a little tuto to setup a referee on linux using wine : viewtopic.php?p=143020#p143020

Note1: <packmask> can be used with any valid value, so for a TMNF ladder server, set it to 'stadium' or 'nations', for a general TMUF ladder server, you can just set it empty.

Note2: for Races of champions you need to obtain direct permission from Nadeo. If your are not already a well known player or server maker from Nadeo crew, i suggest you to first show that you can make a serious Pro racing or Competitive racers server, and having it working with various people playing on it when you will ask for Races of champions, so they will be able to look at it before taking a decision....
The way to ask for a RoC server is indicated there : viewtopic.php?f=132&t=20548

Note3: for those who would still have problems to setup their own ladder server, i made a basic dedicated config for ladder server based on the TrackmaniaServer_2008-10-07 dedicated release. Just follow the LadderServer-test.wri to configure and start the server, then verify that it show the right ladder range, and after that you will make your own changes.

PS: i am not part of the Nadeo crew, so don't ask to me ! ;)
If i'm not wrong, from Nadeo crew Florent and Alinoa have made posts about Ladder servers.

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Re: TMF Server : 60K+ howto

Post by nouseforname » 05 Oct 2008 12:14

nice thread. THX ;) there was still some information inside which i didn't know^^
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

The Doctor
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: United and TMN

Re: TMNF/TMUF Ladder Server : 60K+ howto

Post by The Doctor » 20 Oct 2008 16:19

Have I done something wrong? I used the /donate function of Aseco to put 20000+ coppers into the server's account.
When I go to the Ladder Servers and login and try to set the server type it says that I don't have enough coppers. Are those coppers supposed to be in my personal account that i used to create valid dedicated servers?
If they are how can they be transferred back to my personal account because they are most definitely not in it anymore? Hell, I don't know how to see if the coppers are in the server's account.

I have seen this But I am unsure of how to make use of these functions:

Code: Select all

[74]  	Pay(string, int, string)  	string, int, string  	int  	Pay coppers from the server account to a player, returns the BillId. This method takes three parameters: Login of the payee, Coppers to pay and a Label to send with the payement. The creation of the transaction itself may cost coppers, so you need to have coppers on the server account. Only available to Admin.
-------------------------------------
[75] 	SendBill(string, int, string, string) 	string, int, string, string 	int 	Create a bill, send it to a player, and return the BillId. This method takes four parameters: LoginFrom of the payer, Coppers the player has to pay, Label of the transaction and an optional LoginTo of the payee (if empty string, then the server account is used). The creation of the transaction itself may cost coppers, so you need to have coppers on the server account. Only available to Admin.
---------------------------------------
[76] 	GetBillState(int) 	int 	array 	Returns the current state of a bill. This method takes one parameter, The BillId. Returns a struct containing State, StateName and TransactionId. Possible enum values are: CreatingTransaction, Issued, ValidatingPayement, Payed, Refused, Error.
---------------------------------------
[77] 	GetServerCoppers() 		int 	Returns the current number of coppers on the server account.
I need some help.

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 20 Oct 2008 17:38

The Doctor wrote:Have I done something wrong? I used the /donate function of Aseco to put 20000+ coppers into the server's account.
When I go to the Ladder Servers and login and try to set the server type it says that I don't have enough coppers. Are those coppers supposed to be in my personal account that i used to create valid dedicated servers?
If they are how can they be transferred back to my personal account because they are most definitely not in it anymore? Hell, I don't know how to see if the coppers are in the server's account.

I need some help.
well, if u have the coppers at ur own acc u should leave it there.
then login with your acc into the ladderserverpage/playerpage
there you can make a ladderserver with coppers from your own acc.
if the coppers are now at the server acc you can still login with server acc data and coresponding multiplayer key and make the ladderserver with server acc.

to send back the coppers from serveracc to another playeracc u need RCP or eg xaseco.

think about u have to pay a tax for transfering coppers.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

The Doctor
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: United and TMN

Post by The Doctor » 20 Oct 2008 18:25

Thank you very much!
I didn't think to login at the ladder page under the server's login. I just assumed that I had to use my personal login. It makes sense now.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 20 Oct 2008 22:43

The Doctor wrote:Thank you very much!
I didn't think to login at the ladder page under the server's login. I just assumed that I had to use my personal login. It makes sense now.
It is the account you connect with on the player page which have to own enough coppers to pay for the server you want to promote. So usually it is your player account which have coppers, and so you connect with it ;)

HookTurner
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by HookTurner » 23 Oct 2008 03:55

I am having some issues with the whole server upgrade. I guesss I am still confused :?
I logged into the player page with my player account and upgraded my server with 10000 coppers from my player account. It shows the server login name and limits of 0=>60000.
I changed the dedicated.cfg file but no change on the game.
Do I use my player name as the <master server account>?
Also when I try to log into player page with the server name, it says it Authentification error.?

I know I did something wrong somewhere :x Any ideas?

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 23 Oct 2008 21:42

verify all what is listed in first post to be sure

HookTurner
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by HookTurner » 23 Oct 2008 21:52

Thank you for your posts!
I am still not sure what was wrong, but I went back and downloaded, TrackmaniaServer_2008-10-07.zip (Nadeo), as you suggested in the first post. I then modified the config file and that took care of the problem. :3

I have been doing this for days! :grmblz:

Thanks again for all your info! :1

tramp
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by tramp » 04 Nov 2008 00:15

Hi,

I'm using login and password from

Code: Select all

<masterserver_account>
		<login>xxxxxx</login>
		<password>yyyyyyy</password>
		<validation_key>TMNF-xxxx-yyyy-xxxx-yyy</validation_key>
	</masterserver_account>
But i can't login on this page:
http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-playerpage/main.php

It is giving me a error:
Authentification error.

Heh so if i want promote my TMNF server i need to buy TMUF and create account? Nice, only cash, cash and cash, echhh :(

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 04 Nov 2008 04:24

tramp wrote:Heh so if i want promote my TMNF server i need to buy TMUF and create account? Nice, only cash, cash and cash, echhh :(
Correct you'll need an United account for that.
inactive, sorry

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 23 Nov 2008 23:53

Hi,

Im a little puzzled which tracks are qualifying to be on a 40k-80k server. Our homemade tracks are not explicit difficult, but it takes a good driver to make fast times. No lol, not really tech, but race tracks.
How do i know if a track may be used. (hate to loose the coppers ;) )
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 24 Nov 2008 16:02

I have a question regarding the Referee and the command Line.

Our Servers are running on a Linux root so my question is: Can i start the referee on this root as well using the proper command Line? Or is the Windows client needed to connect to the server?

And second: If i use the windowless Windows Client, which contains my Player-ID and Password....am i still able to join and play?

sorry if its somewhere else already but i didnt found it.

Great Tutorial btw

Regards
Pesky

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 24 Nov 2008 19:24

Pesky wrote:Our Servers are running on a Linux root so my question is: Can i start the referee on this root as well using the proper command Line? Or is the Windows client needed to connect to the server?
it is probably possible to start it windowless with wine, because some a playing using wine ;)

relaxedracer

Post by relaxedracer » 16 Dec 2008 21:31

Hi , i have a question , i have a tmnf server (account created as a tmnf player account) and i want to promote this server but ceep the same server (player) account name.
I have a tmuf account and almost enough coppers , is this posible?

Thanx , ®elaxed®acer :1