Request: Ladder API

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Request: Ladder API

Post by f*ckfish » 22 Jul 2008 17:38

To have an access to the Ladder API, please read the following topic on the maniaplanet forums: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=206&t=1441

Last edited by Alinoa on Tuesday 14 June 2011

Hi,

as many have noticed, it is still impossible to access the TMF Ladder to use its data for clan websites, statistics and signatures.
Well not completely impossible, since smurf is able to access it for tm-ladder.com.
My question now is, is there any intention on creating an API for the stats server, that everybody can use or was it solely intended to be used by one single website which (in smurfs words) is not able to host an API since he needed a dedicated server for that.

I know, in TMN it wasn't even intended to give the ladder information to the public (I think it was figured out with the help of some kind of packet sniffing tool) but since there is a stats server now, shouldn't there be some way to access the stats?

What are your future plans for the stats server? Will there be a NADEO API or should a third party community member take care of this? (I probably would, but I don't have the time and like smurf I'm not the proud owner of a dedicated server) Or will there be nothing at all?

Sorry for all those annoying questions, but I'm very interested in this issue since I was asked a lot of times if there will be a new DataFetcher and at the moment all those clan website ranking charts are standing still =(

Regards,
Fish
inactive, sorry

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: Request: Ladder API

Post by Xymph » 22 Jul 2008 19:52

Seconded.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 27 Jul 2008 12:28

*bump*
I'd really like to read something here and even if it's just a "No, not gonna happen". Please =)
inactive, sorry

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 28 Jul 2008 15:35

honestly, we have too many things to do at the moment. The server is designed to provide the info to more players for sure. Maybe you can describe what you need and it could inspire other players or become one of our priority when time will be cooler. Really warm today hear :1

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 28 Jul 2008 18:49

Thanks a lot for the reply, I'll try to make some brainstorming here from what I think would be nice:

Basically I'd really like to see a similar system like it was there back in TMN times, you can call various php script on a webserver with specific GET-parameters and they return a plain text file or an xml file with the desired information

(the parameters in brackets are optional)
  • getplayerdetails.php?login=fufi returns
    • login
    • nickname
    • ladderpoints
    • wins/draws/losses
    • worldrank
    • nation
    • medals
    • solo ranking
    • zone information
    • groups (that would be very nice, also for the server controllers, since it could bring back some team functionality)
  • getladderinfo.php?[login=fufi][&nation=GER][&group=OoRF][&zone=blabla][&display=100]
    • the nation, group and zone parameters define, which ladder should be used for the output
    • if no login is specified, the script returns a top X list (display parameter) of the desired ladder
    • if a login is specified, the script returns ladder information about the login (best would be, "getladderinfo.php?login=fufi" displays an overview of all possible ladders, where this login is present (world, nation, groups, zone))
  • getserverinfo.php?login=fishymaps returns
    • online/offline state (if it's offline the rest in this list is quite useless ;-))
    • serverlogin
    • servername
    • description
    • nation
    • nations/united server
    • official server stuff (Ladder Point range)
  • getserverlist.php?[nation=GER][&zone=blabla][&lpmin=40000][&lpmax=50000][&display=100][&type=TMUF]
    • online servers that match the desired filters
    • player logins that are on this server at the moment
For now I'm out of ideas and I know a few of this things might be quite stressfull for the server, but these are just a few ideas and they would make clan pages really interesting, not to forget some information could be very useful for the server controllers, too.

And indeed, it's really warm today ;-)
inactive, sorry

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 28 Jul 2008 19:07

Florent wrote:Really warm today here
You moved to a new office early this year that doesn't have air conditioning? That's a sweaty oversight... :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

smurf
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMNF TMUF
Manialink(s): ladder example

Post by smurf » 30 Jul 2008 09:11

I don't really understand why asking what players want because the stats server is already online and some info are not available and visibly won't be available like:
- medals : already asked and the answer was no
- groups : only available with the login and a community code hash (so difficult to retrieve)
- all real-time info : the stats server is updated once a day so servers information seems to be impossible.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 30 Jul 2008 14:10

Well, you are atm the only one besides NADEO who knows, what's actually possible. I'm just breaking down some features I'd really like to see, since me and a major part of the community don't have any idea about what is implemented in the stats server and what isn't. Anyways, thanks for the heads up about medals and groups.
About the server info stuff, it was clearly possible in old TMN (at least the serverlist with the online logins), so maybe it will be somehow available in TMF again. Would be nice =)
inactive, sorry

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 07 Aug 2008 05:14

Would be nice... right now, I'm having to store player info in mysql, which of course doesn't always prove accurate.. Even just simple info, like the server list and player rankings, would be great.

TheLogick
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by TheLogick » 30 Aug 2008 15:40

This would be really nice

Generator
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF - TMUF
Manialink(s): Generator

Post by Generator » 30 Aug 2008 17:06

I'd like to see more use of the stats server too, Is there any news on it Nadeo? :thumbsup:

:1
Customize your virtual world to the max! >> http://www.virtualcustoms.net
3D Models, 2D skins & horns on my Manialink >> Generatorcolor>

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 31 Aug 2008 11:30

I would love to be able to fetch ladder and nation ranking for my custom sig generator and for webpage usage as well. Nadeos way of showing them in the game can for some be confusing. Would be nice to be able to just make a webpage with national rankings :-)

smurf
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMNF TMUF
Manialink(s): ladder example

Post by smurf » 05 Sep 2008 11:31

Hi all,

Here you can find all is implemented on the stats server: Here
url are not given because this doc is completly unofficial and only Nadeo could give them.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 05 Sep 2008 15:10

smurf wrote:Here you can find all is implemented on the stats server: Here
url are not given because this doc is completly unofficial and only Nadeo could give them.
Nice job. :thumbsup: So is there a chance Nadeo (or you) will eventually make this API accessible to other tool developers?

Too bad about the groups info being locked though, that could become a nice foundation of a proper team/clan plugin for server controllers.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 06 Sep 2008 08:08

smurf wrote:Hi all,

Here you can find all is implemented on the stats server: Here
Thanks a lot =) That clears up some things about what is possible.
inactive, sorry