You can download it from
http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/Tra ... -06-10.zip
http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/Tra ... -10.tar.gz
(both contain the same files, and windows and linux executable.)
- Configurable ladder limits (in dedicated_cfg.txt). You have to restart the server to change them.
- Spectator relay mode.
- SetForceShowAllOpponents() & friends now take a integer argument to specify the minimum visible players.
- GetCurrentRankings() now return a rank of '0' for the players that are pure spectators.
- GetPlayerList() can now optionally return the server(s) as well, and the flags now contain this information.
- GetDetailedPlayerInfo() has an added field, with the client version. (for instance the spectator target issues have been fixed in the client, so you can know what to expect. or tell the user to update...
- new methods: ManualFlowControlIsEnabled() et ManualFlowControlGetCurTransition()
- other little crash fixes
About the "Spectator relay"/ManiaChannel thing:
This allows to create a relay server that connects to a game server, that allows many spectators to view what's going on in the race without disturbing the match. And that helps with P2P of players on the server.
How to use it:
1) run the game server as usual, but:
* set the maxplayers and maxspectators to small values.
* enable the "allow_spectator_relays" option in the config file. !!! when this option is activated, you cannot change the maxplayers and spectators settings.
2) run others servers (with an other login), with a command line resembling:
Code: Select all
TrackmaniaServer /dedicated_cfg=dedicated_cfg.txt /join=the_login_of_the_game_server /joinpassword=spectator_password_of_the_game_server_if_needed
the maximum spectators on the relays is 250-(maxplayers+maxspectators) on the game server.
to write xml-rpc plugins dealing with this:
* you have IsRelayServer() to know where you are.
* you can know for each player whether it is local to the server or comming from an other server (=game server)
* you can use TunnelSendDataToLogin() to communicate with the game server from the relay or the other way around.
please report any issues or missing features for this new mode of use.
edit: fixed the second link.