Points awarded on server...

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TM2c, TM2s

Points awarded on server...

Post by [RFR]DaD » 06 May 2008 14:13

currently, it seems that only the top 5 finishers are awarded points on our servers...we have them down while we configure changes, but is there a configuration setting that we are missing that are limiting the points to only the top 5 people? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: Points awarded on server...

Post by TripleT » 06 May 2008 14:18

well i don´t thinks so only thing i would change but this is standard that the ladder mode is forced do not know what option should give only the top5 players points. of course only players who have finished the track get points

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist

Post by [RFR]DaD » 06 May 2008 15:52

well, its doing it regardless of how many are finishing the tracks, as most people do finish. and yes, there are quite a few other things we are adjusting as well.

now these are not nadeo tracks, so im wondering if that has something to do with it. didnt have this issue at all until forever came out, so i was thinking it was just a setting we are missing somewhere.

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 06 May 2008 16:32

i can´t think of any setting in the dedicated config file that has to do with the ladder except the ladder mode. we have user tracks on our server and all is working fine. but if you want you can just restart it and see if this "problem" is still existing

TripleT

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 06 May 2008 17:34

Are you referring to team points made from the matchsave aseco plugin, or ladder points?

For ladder points, anybody who beats a better ranked player gets points. For team points, it's determined by the setting's in the matchsave config file.

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist

Post by [RFR]DaD » 06 May 2008 22:36

yes, its the ladder points, we'll take it down and look at them again, but yes, seemed no matter what the finish order was, it was only the top five finishers that ever received any points.

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist

Post by [RFR]DaD » 07 May 2008 21:09

starting to wonder if we need to "purchase" this other dedicated server, have been over every setting we could find, actually stopped the higher ranks on our team so that the 100,000 plus guys would finish ahead of us, then we finished, and still only awarded ladder points to the top 5 people. As we continually have 25 plus people in our server it is very strange...and many have even complained about it.

now i personally play the game to play the game, but ranking is important to some, so i've been searching solutions.

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist

Post by [RFR]DaD » 23 Jul 2008 14:27

I guess I'm wasting my time trying to get an answer for whats going on, nothing left to do but wait and see if I get a response to any of the PM's.

Starting to think this has something to do with that ladder/server copper thing, I just wish it was explained better before I drop a crapload of coppers for something that might not even be the problem.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 23 Jul 2008 15:01

Strange problem. And it's this way even if there's for example 10 players with low rank playing (players who's played a month or so)?
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

[RFR]DaD
road tourist
road tourist

Post by [RFR]DaD » 30 Jul 2008 17:45

No, this issue is now fixed. Rounds with only 1 round makes everyone 6 and down tie, thereby no points. Nadeo has fixed alot of the laps issues we used to have, and now that we have switched back to laps, there is no longer a points issue for the finishers.