Dedicated server for TMNF/TMU-F (2011-02-21)

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

undef.de
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMF, TM2C/S/V, SM
Manialink(s): undef, tmkarma

Re: Dedicated server for TMNF/TMU-F (2010-03-15)

Post by undef.de » 27 Jun 2010 08:59

Hi there!

Question about the List-Method GetDetailedPlayerInfo():

I have some trouble to display the Player-Avatar. I have the 'FileName' from the structure 'Avatar', but sometimes the Avatar is not displayed soon as the original scoretable (which the Avatar already displays). And sometimes the Avatar is never displayed (after hours of waiting). I access it with e.g. "tmtp://Skins/Avatars/player.dds". The next problem: The Player Avatar of the player himself is never displayed. How is the right way to display the Avatar?

If i try to get the 'LastMatchScore' from the structur of 'LadderStats', if have saw the following behavior:

- At EndRace (where the Scoretable is displayed) is the 'LastMatchScore' not updated for a Player that received a Score for current Match. Only at the next Challange has 'LastMatchScore' the Score. Is there a way to get at the Scoretable the current match score of each Player?

- If this Player did not get a Score at one of the next Challanges, the 'LastMatchScore' still holds the "old" Score. Is this the right behavior, and why? I was thinking, that the 'LastMatchScore' holds the "last match score" and if the Player does not get a score for the last match, it should be 0. :D

For the same project if have some more questions:

How can i do the same as tmtp://#addfavourite=xxx and tmtp://#addbuddy=xxx from within a Server Controler/Plugin just without the player leaves the current game?

Is there a way to find out whether the player pressed the ENTER or DEL key?

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by undef.de on 28 Jun 2010 20:08, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco,
like Records-Eyepiece, TM-Karma, Alternate Scoretable...
Visit my Lab: www.undef.name

Get it now:
» TM2 Valley
» TM2 Canyon
» TM2 Stadium
» SM Storm

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 27 Jun 2010 16:51

I did this in the past, but like you had some problems.
You can show the avatar only if you have enabled the cache on the server....
Example :
If your server download all from players, you can use the file name to recall it directly from your server cache dir and show with a quad where you want.
Not directly from the player object!!

For the EndRace info with last match scores, some times it depend on the connection.
TM use the HALF of the time setted for the ending chat, try to get longer chat to have more possibility.
Nadeo server need some track to update. So if you get LP (last match) maybe is of 5 tracks before.

There is a way to understand if a player used DEL or RESPAWN KEY like i did in the combos, that when a player use respawn the combos are resetted!!
Is very easy, because the checkpoints have a number. So if the number is 0 again and no finish is token they pressed it.
If you need help, take a look to the COMBOS plugin of the TPS OS 1.4.
:thumbsup:

I hope this help you!! :1

undef.de
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMF, TM2C/S/V, SM
Manialink(s): undef, tmkarma

Post by undef.de » 28 Jun 2010 19:18

Hi Gekko!
Gekko wrote:I did this in the past, but like you had some problems.
You can show the avatar only if you have enabled the cache on the server....
Example :
If your server download all from players, you can use the file name to recall it directly from your server cache dir and show with a quad where you want.
Not directly from the player object!!
Thx... i test it.
Gekko wrote: For the EndRace info with last match scores, some times it depend on the connection.
TM use the HALF of the time setted for the ending chat, try to get longer chat to have more possibility.
Nadeo server need some track to update. So if you get LP (last match) maybe is of 5 tracks before.
Hmmm... ok. I have already changed to fix this behavior, so it was just a question like to know why. Thx.
Gekko wrote: There is a way to understand if a player used DEL or RESPAWN KEY like i did in the combos, that when a player use respawn the combos are resetted!!
Is very easy, because the checkpoints have a number. So if the number is 0 again and no finish is token they pressed it.
That´s not what i need. I need to know if the Player has finished the map and then pressed DEL to skip the Scoretable and start again an new run. The Checkpoint-Event did´nt helps me there.

I need something like that:

TrackMania.PlayerKeyPressed(string KeyPressed, int PlayerUid, string Login)
KeyPressed are 'TAB', 'DEL', 'C'

TrackMania.PlayerKeyReleased(string KeyReleased, int PlayerUid, string Login)
KeyReleased are 'TAB', 'DEL', 'C'

That would be nice. :3
Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco,
like Records-Eyepiece, TM-Karma, Alternate Scoretable...
Visit my Lab: www.undef.name

Get it now:
» TM2 Valley
» TM2 Canyon
» TM2 Stadium
» SM Storm

TheM
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMN(F), TM2

Post by TheM » 29 Jun 2010 08:50

undef.de wrote:I need something like that:

TrackMania.PlayerKeyPressed(string KeyPressed, int PlayerUid, string Login)
KeyPressed are 'TAB', 'DEL', 'C'

TrackMania.PlayerKeyReleased(string KeyReleased, int PlayerUid, string Login)
KeyReleased are 'TAB', 'DEL', 'C'

That would be nice. :3
Such CallBack doesn't exists :(
Only thing you can do is with ManiaLink (actionkey=""), but this will only do F5, F6 and F7.

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Post by svens » 29 Jun 2010 08:55

TheM wrote:Such CallBack doesn't exists :(
Only thing you can do is with ManiaLink (actionkey=""), but this will only do F5, F6 and F7.
Could you give a small example for this? (I'm interested :P)
Do you get a ManialinkPageAnswer cb for that?

TheM
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMN(F), TM2

Post by TheM » 29 Jun 2010 09:37

Code: Select all

*snip*
	$xml = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><manialinks id="'.$this->manialinksID.'"><manialink id="'.$this->keyWidgetID.'">'.
	'<quad action="'.$this->keyWidgetID.'003" actionkey="3" sizen="0 0"  posn="70 70 1"/>'.
	'</manialink>'.$customui.'</manialinks>';
*snip*
This code is from the Fufi Widgets.
What it does:
It makes an invisible ManiaLink, in this case it captures F7 (actionkey="3") and it gives answer 382009003 (382009 is the keyWidgetID).
As you know you can "catch" this answer with XASECO (or a different controller), and voilà.

Any questions... don't hesitate to ask ;)

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 29 Jun 2010 11:45

And those 3 keys F5 , F6 , F7 are usable only when playing, so not in spectator state (where the game use to choose the spec view).

Note that if you ask things specific for some existing scripts, it should be asked on the concerned script topic. Same for replies which should be general and not script specific.

Plecc
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by Plecc » 16 Aug 2010 18:04

Hi all,
Plz be patient as i am a bit of a noob to all this, i recently decided to get a tmuf server setup.
I managed to get all the basic bits sorted, but for some reason im having problems setting up a second user account to run the server. (stupid i know!)
I followed this link from the 1st post:-

"For TM United Forever dedicated account, see on the player page : http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-playerpage/

then it asks for my user name and password, the only user name and password i have are the ones form my original account, which don't seam to work.

What am i doing wrong? is there a different user name and password i need to use?
I haven't managed to find anywhere else to create a new account.

Thanks.
Plecc

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 16 Aug 2010 18:38

On the player page, you need to create a new login and password for the server to use (in either dedicated servers or ladder servers) - and its linked to your tmuf account cos you already logged into the player page with that. Hope this helps you mate :thumbsup:

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 16 Aug 2010 20:47

LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 17 Aug 2010 08:52

Plecc wrote:"For TM United Forever dedicated account, see on the player page : http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-playerpage/
then it asks for my user name and password, the only user name and password i have are the ones form my original account, which don't seam to work.
It is for TMUF accounts, not TMNF !

If it's really a United account, then perhaps that some weird characters in your password can make some issue, try to change it (from the game itself). When you will succeed to authentify on the playerpage, you will be able to create up to 10 TMUF dedicated accounts.

If you only have a Nations account, then just use the game to create another Nations account (set use several profiles in the launcher config) that you will use as a server account. Of course such "server" account can only be used for Stadium only servers, and without coppers handling.

PS: the way to create the dedicated account, United or Stadium only, is indicated in the first post...

xis101
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): gn

Post by xis101 » 21 Oct 2010 17:11

can someone tell me (confirm) if guestlist works with this release?

I´ve tried, but I got always wrong password.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 21 Oct 2010 17:55

xis101 wrote:can someone tell me (confirm) if guestlist works with this release?
It works fine.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

reggiep
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by reggiep » 19 Nov 2010 15:20

Sorry if I am missing something here but I can't set up a loacl server to run just on my lan on either linux or windows. I have them running fine, for example I run the windows launch batch file and the window pops up telling me that the server is rotating through the tracks BUT I can't see any games in local network in party play.
If I create a local play game through the actual game eveybody on the LAN can see that and join in.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 20 Nov 2010 10:59

reggiep wrote:Sorry if I am missing something here but I can't set up a loacl server to run just on my lan on either linux or windows. I have them running fine, for example I run the windows launch batch file and the window pops up telling me that the server is rotating through the tracks BUT I can't see any games in local network in party play.
If I create a local play game through the actual game eveybody on the LAN can see that and join in.
Be sure to have the main dedicated port between 2350 and 2370 (ie between +0 and +20 more than all games main port), and reachable in UDP, because to discover local servers the game will send several udp broadcast with those destination port values.

Else, you can join your local server directly by making a specific game shortcut in which you add in the target command the option /join=ip.ip.ip.ip:port