IRC Bot v0.4.1/2 for Aseco/RASP TMF, XASECO 0.96 and FAST 3

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

IRC Bot v0.4.1/2 for Aseco/RASP TMF, XASECO 0.96 and FAST 3

Post by -tK- » 17 Apr 2008 19:55

IRC BOT v0.4.1 / v0.4.2
Download the XASECO v0.96 version (v0.4.1):
http://www.freewebtown.com/pr3d4t0r/IRCBOT_v0.4.1.zip

Download the ASECO 1.2.4. and RASP 2.2.4 TMF version (v0.4.1):
http://www.freewebtown.com/pr3d4t0r/IRC ... v0.4.1.zip
note #1: I had to rename all variables, it might be possible i missed a few xD - lemme know
note #2: Since i dont have TMUF, i don't know what happens in other environments =)
note #3: Consider the TMF release a Beta, please post any bugs / crashes caused by the plugin here

Download the FAST 3.2.0k version (v0.4.2):
http://www.freewebtown.com/pr3d4t0r/IRC ... v0.4.2.zip
New version! New features! see picture below for FAST exclusive functions:

Image Image

PREVIEW:

This is a heavily modifiedversion of the irc bot which was included with the old Aseco/RASP.

What does it do?
- Relay game scores and times and playernames from all gamemodes (team, rounds and time attack)
- Relay chat from IRC to TMN and the other way around ** NEW in v0.4 **

- In Team Mode
  • Show the top x playernames and their times each lap.
    Live Team score update each lap.
    Blue colors for blueteam players and Red colors for redteam players.
    Give names to the Blue and Red team.
- In Rounds mode
  • Show the top x playernames and their times each lap.
    Live Top player score each lap.
- In Time Attack mode
  • Show the top x playernames and their times on each map.
- Chat through the BOT using a simple ingame command
- Join or Leave IRC channels
- Specify a IRC channel to broadcast in
- And alot more!

FIXES:

- Changed the setup so that you don't have to replace any existing files
- Fixed the problem that it wouldn't connect to Quakenet
- Changed method to keep connection alive
- Added auto reconnect function when disconnected from IRC

=======================================
IRC BOT INSTALL v0.4.1 FOR Aseco RASP TMF

1. Make sure the ASECO 1.2.4. and RASP 2.2.4 are running (without errors).
Should work on newer versions aswel.

2. Copy the unzipped/unrarred files to the correct folders.
- plugin.irc_bot.php to the /plugins dir

3. Edit plugins.xml and add
<plugin>plugin.irc_bot.php</plugin>
somewhere at the end

4. Edit plugin.irc_bot.php you have copied to the plugins dir and change the IRC Variables. The following have to be changed:
>> ONLY CHANGE THE TEXT BETWEEN THE SECOND ''

'nick' => 'IRCBOT1', // Change this to whatever botnick you'd like
'nick2' => 'IRCBOT2', // Change this to whatever back-up botnick you'd like (if first one is taken)
'channel' => '#ircchannel', // Change this to the IRC channel you'd like to join on startup. Don't forget the #
'serverlogin' => 'serverloginhere', // Specify the serverlogin here. Use lowercase.
'ircadmin' => array(
0 => '@youradminircip',
1 => '@Anotherircadmin.users.quakenet.org' // when adding more, dont forget to add , at the end of the previous line (not the last one).

>> If you get an error when starting Aseco.bat or Aseco.sh, you prolly forgot a ' or a , !!
>> (I will work on a XML file in the future)

6. Start aseco.bat

IRC BOT INSTALL v0.4.1 FOR Aseco 0.95

1. Make sure the latest ASECO/RASP v0.95 are running (without errors).
Should work with older versions aswel (v0.93 tested and OK).

2. Copy the unzipped/unrarred files to the correct folders.
- plugin.irc_bot.php to the /plugins dir
- irc.settings.php to the /includes dir

3. Edit plugins.xml and add
<plugin>plugin.irc_bot.php</plugin>
somewhere in the middle

4. Edit irc.settings.php and change the IRC Variables. The following has to be changed:
- $IRC_CONFIG['nick'] = 'theIRCBOTnickhere'
- $IRC_CONFIG['channel'] = '#channeltojoin'
- $IRC_CONFIG['serverlogin'] = 'myserverloginhere' < this is very important, if its incorrect try lowercase.
- $IRC_CONFIG['ircadmin'][x] = '@iphere' < add as many IRC admins you want, but replace x with a unique number (start with 0, then 1 etc). Also do not forget the @.

5. Open and edit Aseco.php in the main folder and add: require_once('includes/irc.settings.php'); // IRC config settings
Below this line: require_once('includes/rasp.settings.php'); // specific to the RASP plugin

6. Start aseco.bat

IRCADMIN INGAME COMMANDS
Start every command with /irc <command>.
Note: edit irc.settings.php $IRC_CONFIG['allowadmin'] and $IRC_CONFIG['allowoperator'] to adjust the security level of /irc command
Availible commands (NOTE: DO NOT USE CAPITAL LETTERS):

swich on > Turns the IRCBOT on
swich off > Turns the IRCBOT off (does not disconnect from IRC)
------
channel broadcast #channel > Broadcast in a channel, if the BOT is not in this channel yet, it will join it first
channel leave #channel > Leaves a IRC channel, only possible when the channel you want to leave is not the broadcast channel
channel join #channel > Joins a IRC channel, but the broadcast channel will not change
------
say <some text here> > Say something on IRC through the BOT
------
blue <team name> > Change the Blue team name (more than 1 word allowed)
red <team name> > Change the Red team name (more than 1 word allowed)
------
recs round <number> > Number of times shown in IRC for every lap (in TEAM and ROUNDS mode only)
recs track <number> > Top x players shown at the end of each track (in ROUNDS and TIME ATTACK mode only)
------
chatter on > Enables 2-way communication between TMN <-> IRC ** NEW in v0.4 **
chatter off > Disables 2-way communication between TMN <-> IRC ** NEW in v0.4 **
------
reconnect > Reconnects the IRCBOT. Does not ask for confirmation, so make sure it is disconnected.
------
style old > old color style in IRC
style new > default new style

PUBLIC INGAME COMMANDS

/ircinfo
This will show info about the current IRC BOT status

/pmirc <IRCNICK> <some text here>
sends a msg to an IRC user

IRC COMMANDS ** NEW in v0.4 **
These commands can be executed in the IRC channel where the BOT is located, or by PRIVMSG to the IRCBOT.
Note: These commands can only be executed by IRC admins. Add the ip's of them in irc.settings.php ($IRC_CONFIG['ircadmin'][x] = '@iphere')
All commands start with !admin.

restart > restarts current challenge.
------
nextmap > skips current challenge.
------
rounds <alternate rules: yes/no> <pointslimit> > change gamemode to rounds.
------
team <alternate rules: yes/no> <pointslimit> <maxpoints> > change gamemode to team.
------
timeattack <minutes> > change gamemode to timeattack with a <minutes> timelimit.
------
swich on > Turns the IRCBOT on
swich off > Turns the IRCBOT off (does not disconnect from IRC and commands are still executed)
------
serverpass <newpass> > change server password
specpass <newpass> > change server spectator password
servername <newservername> > change servername
------
help > gives a list of available commands
------
kick <login> > kick a login (use players for a list of players)
ban <login> > ban a login (use players for a list of players)
------
players > gives a list of players and spectators currently on the server.
------
pm all <some text here> > send a msg to all players ingame
pm <login> <some text here> > send a private msg to player login
------
chatter on > Enables 2-way communication between TMN <-> IRC
chatter off > Disables 2-way communication between TMN <-> IRC
Last edited by -tK- on 23 Apr 2008 18:11, edited 3 times in total.

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: IRC Bot v0.4.1 for ASECO/RASP TMN and TMF!

Post by LaBBe- » 18 Apr 2008 11:13

have you (or anyone else) thought of writing an irc plgin for fast? i like the irc plugin a lot but decied to switch to fast because i luv dedimania and now there is a sensible local database plugin also.. aseco seems to have taken a step backwards since forever came, and im sure they are really working hard to get it to the same level as xymphs aseco was in tmn but im too impatient ^^ the only thing i miss from aseco is the irc plugin, so it would be nice if someone would try to make something simple for fast.. i would do it myself but i know absolutely nothing about php and am too lazy to start learning just yet..

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

Post by -tK- » 18 Apr 2008 19:00

LaBBe- wrote:have you (or anyone else) thought of writing an irc plgin for fast? i like the irc plugin a lot but decied to switch to fast because i luv dedimania and now there is a sensible local database plugin also.. aseco seems to have taken a step backwards since forever came, and im sure they are really working hard to get it to the same level as xymphs aseco was in tmn but im too impatient ^^ the only thing i miss from aseco is the irc plugin, so it would be nice if someone would try to make something simple for fast.. i would do it myself but i know absolutely nothing about php and am too lazy to start learning just yet..
I've already been looking into the matter, and will prolly have a alpha version ready this weekend..

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

Re: IRC Bot v0.4.1 for Aseco/RASP TMF, Aseco 0.95 and FAST 3.2

Post by -tK- » 19 Apr 2008 15:50

Download the FAST 3.2.0k version:
http://www.freewebtown.com/pr3d4t0r/IRC ... v0.4.1.zip
note #1: after some testing it seems to be working OK for the most part =)
note #2: New in this version is the custom rounds points. Use !admin rounds custom x x x x in IRC to set them
Last edited by -tK- on 22 Apr 2008 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

cesar010294
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN TMS TMO

Post by cesar010294 » 20 Apr 2008 18:09

-tK- wrote:
LaBBe- wrote:have you (or anyone else) thought of writing an irc plgin for fast? i like the irc plugin a lot but decied to switch to fast because i luv dedimania and now there is a sensible local database plugin also.. aseco seems to have taken a step backwards since forever came, and im sure they are really working hard to get it to the same level as xymphs aseco was in tmn but im too impatient ^^ the only thing i miss from aseco is the irc plugin, so it would be nice if someone would try to make something simple for fast.. i would do it myself but i know absolutely nothing about php and am too lazy to start learning just yet..
I've already been looking into the matter, and will prolly have a alpha version ready this weekend..
Nice to see TMF progress^^

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

Re: IRC Bot v0.4.1/2 for Aseco/RASP TMF, XASECO 0.96 and FAST 3

Post by -tK- » 23 Apr 2008 19:04

Download the FAST 3.2.0k version (v0.4.2):
http://www.freewebtown.com/pr3d4t0r/IRC ... v0.4.2.zip
New version! New features! see picture below for FAST exclusive functions:

Image Image

There are now three levels of chat (Control in the IRC Admin):

- Completely disabled
- Two-way chat enabled, but only in the Manialink chatwindow. Players can say something using the /i <text> command
- Auto Two-way chat enabled: the /i command is not necesarry, all chat is shown on IRC and all IRC chat in the standard chat window

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 24 Apr 2008 12:57

There is a small bug when using IRC Bot v0.4.1 and xaseco 0.96. /ircinfo is no longer working probably due to the new manialink boxes:

Code: Select all

[04/24,14:50:17] player soehest used chat command "/ircinfo "
[RPC Error -506] Method 'SendDisplayServerMessageToId' not defined
Beside that everything seems to work perfect also the new keepalive functions is working without need for modifications :-) Nice work :thumbsup:

Regards

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

Post by -tK- » 27 Apr 2008 17:32

soehest wrote:There is a small bug when using IRC Bot v0.4.1 and xaseco 0.96. /ircinfo is no longer working probably due to the new manialink boxes:

Beside that everything seems to work perfect also the new keepalive functions is working without need for modifications :-) Nice work :thumbsup:

Regards
For everyone using the bot with Xaseco 0.96, you can remove this error by comment that part like this:
//Aseco::addChatCommand("ircinfo", "get IRC information");
to fix the problem, and perhaps change the welcome msg and remove the "Use {#highlite}/ircinfo {#welcome}for more info." part.

(in the plugin.irc_bot.php file on line 18, 27 and 29)

I will add proper manialink support in the future.

And on another note, there are now 2 ircbots from Brazil flooding my channel, and since i dont see anyone else, i assume someone didnt change the config settings (which you should, according to the README :D )

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 27 Apr 2008 17:40

-tK- wrote:And on another note, there are now 2 ircbots from Brazil flooding my channel, and since i dont see anyone else, i assume someone didnt change the config settings (which you should, according to the README :D )
Never leave actual working settings for your own server or channel in public source code. :P
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

Post by -tK- » 27 Apr 2008 18:01

Xymph wrote:
-tK- wrote:And on another note, there are now 2 ircbots from Brazil flooding my channel, and since i dont see anyone else, i assume someone didnt change the config settings (which you should, according to the README :D )
Never leave actual working settings for your own server or channel in public source code. :P
There are only two things i leave in the config file that are mine, the first being my channel, so i can see when someone uses the IRCbot without reading the readme, and second, my IRC ip so i can control the bot, and in turn, the trackmania server =)

That way, i can talk to them through the bot, and tell them to read the README :D

-edit

Ah, the bot came back. To the owner: I'm sorry for renaming your servername to something funny :lol:

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 03 May 2008 11:20

-tK- wrote:
soehest wrote:There is a small bug when using IRC Bot v0.4.1 and xaseco 0.96. /ircinfo is no longer working probably due to the new manialink boxes:

Regards
For everyone using the bot with Xaseco 0.96, you can remove this error by comment that part like this:
//Aseco::addChatCommand("ircinfo", "get IRC information");
to fix the problem, and perhaps change the welcome msg and remove the "Use {#highlite}/ircinfo {#welcome}for more info." part.

(in the plugin.irc_bot.php file on line 18, 27 and 29)

I will add proper manialink support in the future.

And on another note, there are now 2 ircbots from Brazil flooding my channel, and since i dont see anyone else, i assume someone didnt change the config settings (which you should, according to the README :D )
After looking at the code and with some help i made the /ircinfo problem work with manialink support.

Change the following lines of code:

$msg = 'Information about the IRC bot configuration:'.$tmp.''.$tmp.'Active: $a00'.$yesno.''.$tmp.'$gChannel:$a00 '.$IRC_CONFIG['channel'].''.$tmp.'$gMax rounds records:$a00 '.$IRC_CONFIG['maxrecords'].''.$tmp.'$gMax map records:$a00 '.$IRC_CONFIG['maxendrecs'].'';
    $aseco->addCall("SendDisplayServerMessageToId", array($command['author']->id, $msg, "OK", "", 0));
at lines 43-44.

Then Add these lines of code to it:

$header = $aseco->formatColors('IRC Bot information:');
		$data = array();
		$data[] = array('Information about the IRC bot configuration:'.$tmp.''.$tmp.'Active: $a00'.$yesno.''.$tmp.'$gChannel:$a00 '.$IRC_CONFIG['channel'].''.$tmp.'$gMax rounds records:$a00 '.$IRC_CONFIG['maxrecords'].''.$tmp.'$gMax map records:$a00 '.$IRC_CONFIG['maxendrecs'].'');
		// display ManiaLink message
		display_manialink($command['author']->login, $header, $data, array(0.8, 0.1, 0.4, 0.3), 'OK');
if you have added these lines /ircinfo will work.

if they are some other things in need i would love to help.

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

bjab
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by bjab » 20 May 2008 12:32

Hi, i've got an small problem with the IRC commands. The commands (starting with !admin) arent working. I don't know witch ip I should enter in the $IRC_CONFIG['ircadmin'][X] = ''; I've tried multiple options, but they aren't working. Please help me :)
Owner of RCTLand Fullspeed server

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

Post by -tK- » 21 May 2008 11:32

bjab wrote:Hi, i've got an small problem with the IRC commands. The commands (starting with !admin) arent working. I don't know witch ip I should enter in the $IRC_CONFIG['ircadmin'][X] = ''; I've tried multiple options, but they aren't working. Please help me :)
First, i hope you realize the X should be changed into a unique number starting with 0 for the first IP, 1 for the second etc like this:
$IRC_CONFIG['ircadmin'][0] = '@nWo-tK.users.quakenet.org';
$IRC_CONFIG['ircadmin'][1] = '@85.245.1.25';

Second, you can find the ip by using whois in IRC, for example if i want to know what i should fill in i type this:
/whois nWo|tK

and it displays:
(13:30:15) -------[/whois]---------------+
(13:30:15) [nick] nWo|tK, nWo_tK
(13:30:15) [addy] nWo_tK@nWo-tK.users.quakenet.org
(13:30:15) [chan] #list_of_my_channels
(13:30:15) [serv] clanserver4u2.de.quakenet.org, clanserver4u QuakeNet IRC server, Germany
the bold part (@nWo-tK.users.quakenet.org) should be filled in the config file (including the @).

bjab
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by bjab » 22 May 2008 13:25

-tK- wrote:
bjab wrote:Hi, i've got an small problem with the IRC commands. The commands (starting with !admin) arent working. I don't know witch ip I should enter in the $IRC_CONFIG['ircadmin'][X] = ''; I've tried multiple options, but they aren't working. Please help me :)
First, i hope you realize the X should be changed into a unique number starting with 0 for the first IP, 1 for the second etc like this:
$IRC_CONFIG['ircadmin'][0] = '@nWo-tK.users.quakenet.org';
$IRC_CONFIG['ircadmin'][1] = '@85.245.1.25';

Second, you can find the ip by using whois in IRC, for example if i want to know what i should fill in i type this:
/whois nWo|tK

and it displays:
(13:30:15) -------[/whois]---------------+
(13:30:15) [nick] nWo|tK, nWo_tK
(13:30:15) [addy] nWo_tK@nWo-tK.users.quakenet.org
(13:30:15) [chan] #list_of_my_channels
(13:30:15) [serv] clanserver4u2.de.quakenet.org, clanserver4u QuakeNet IRC server, Germany
the bold part (@nWo-tK.users.quakenet.org) should be filled in the config file (including the @).
Thanks, the problem was indeed the wrong IP-adress. (and yes, I knew already i had to fill an number instead of a X :P)
It's working now, and i'm happy :P
Owner of RCTLand Fullspeed server

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by LaBBe- » 29 May 2008 19:43

there are two errors on XAseco v0.99b that i noticed in last nights SL5 match.. log:
22:44 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] Results Round 2 <-> SL5 - Spainz' Hillz'
22:44 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 1. [UMF]¹ DIO <-> 1:01.20
22:44 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 2. hal:ko:t0m|t0m <-> 1:03.35 (+0:02.15)
22:44 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 3. hal:ko:zQMG <-> 1:03.94 (+0:02.74)
22:44 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 4. hal:ko:t!m <-> 1:09.17 (+0:07.97)
22:44 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] Final results <-> SL5 - Spainz' Hillz'
22:44 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] Team hal:ko [ 2 ]
22:44 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] Team [UMF] [ 1 ]
22:45 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] Restarted <-> SL5 - Spainz' Hillz' (6/14 | 4 spec)
22:46 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] Results Round 4 <-> SL5 - Spainz' Hillz'
22:46 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 1. hal:ko:t!m <-> 1:00.56
22:46 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 2. [UMF] deikka <-> 1:01.16 (+0:00.60)
22:46 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 3. hal:ko:zQMG <-> 1:01.59 (+0:01.03)
22:46 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 4. [UMF]¹ DIO <-> 1:02.02 (+0:01.46)
22:46 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 5. [UMF]¹ LaBBe <-> 1:02.09 (+0:01.53)
22:46 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 6. hal:ko:t0m|t0m <-> 1:03.77 (+0:03.21)
22:47 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] Results Round 1 <-> SL5 - Spainz' Hillz'
22:47 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 1. [UMF]¹ DIO <-> 1:00.92
22:47 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 2. [UMF]¹ LaBBe <-> 1:01.56 (+0:00.64)
22:47 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 3. [UMF] deikka <-> 1:02.03 (+0:01.11)
22:47 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 4. hal:ko:zQMG <-> 1:02.33 (+0:01.41)
22:47 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 5. hal:ko:t!m <-> 1:06.97 (+0:06.05)
22:47 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 6. hal:ko:t0m|t0m <-> 1:11.21 (+0:10.29)
22:49 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] Results Round 2 <-> SL5 - Spainz' Hillz'
22:49 <+[UMF]TMUF> [>>] 1. hal:ko:t0m|t0m <-> 1:01.09
and so on...
the errors are: roundcount didnt reset after challenge restart, and result after every round isnt displayed, only after map end...
i havent changed my config in any way since 0.95 when i started using this and then it was working perfectly.. this was now first time the bot was used in XAseco TMF release