TM-FORUM

The TrackMania universal forum ^_^
It is currently 25 Apr 2017 05:53

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2006 11:42 
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Thanks for new server, I'll test it asap :)

Nvidia 7950 GX2
SB Live, DX 9.0c
win xp pro
ADSL 2+ 16 Mo Dl/ 1 Mo Up

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2006 13:41 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Owned TM-games: ALL
Lurker wrote:
I'm to tired to investigate further now, but can other people running Linux test to see if it works if they change the server port from 2350?

I use 2 dedicated on the same linux computer without problem. Anyway actually i have both in separated directories, one is tmn and the other tmsx

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2006 18:03 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Ok, cause I run both TMSX servers from the same directory. No errors in the log though...

Post subject: /netip
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2006 19:17 
highway camper
highway camper

Hi everyone...

I'm trying to run tmn servers and be able to query their status from my website doing a udp check.

I use multihomed ( > 1 public IP ) servers, problem is that the /netip option doesn't seem to work, therefore the port I specify in the cfg file is not teh one used if I run more than one instance of the dedicated server. The server will try to open UDP port but seem to need that the port ain't used in any IP used on the box:

Receiving on *:2350

Is there anything to do to make /netip to work ?

A working /netip and a new /netport options would be really great ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2006 19:36 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

you have to use one cfg for each server, with different tm account and port for each...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2006 19:47 
highway camper
highway camper

Thats what I'm doing.. I'm pretty sure of what I've done on my side, servers are up, but they are not on the server port I specified and therefore I can't test if they are up from a udp scan.

All servers should use the same port as they are using different IPs.. TM dedicated just doesn't seem to bind the IP correctly

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2006 04:27 
road tourist
road tourist

Owned TM-games: TM TMO TMU TMS TMN
Thanks for the update guys...it runs nice and now starts through remote connections.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2006 09:20 
pedestrian
pedestrian

Random sorts the tracks list the same time every time.

And I seem to have no log files being created.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2006 11:03 
lord of the roads
lord of the roads

Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis
what do you mean wit "sorts the list the same way" ?

I think this is meant to be with this function. It shuffels your maplist on loading but that maplisting (when you save it) will always be the same..

THis is a good function for when you've added a map pack that is the same series. It will then be spread across your playlist.

At least it's my thought... a "real" random function is in the servermania application thats soon gonna be out for nations..

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2006 17:25 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

just stumbled over a two small bugs:

1)
lets say we have 5 tracks:

track A
track B
track C <--- current challenge index(as returned by GetCurrentChallengeIndex)
track D
track E

now I delete trackB via RemoveChallenge, then I have

track A
track C <--- track actually played currently
track D <--- current challenge index(as returned by GetCurrentChallengeIndex)
track E

when the current track is finished, the next track played is track E ...

2)
GetPlayerList(10, 0) << return only 9 entries, even if there are more players on the server

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2006 18:14 
Developer
Developer

bladux wrote:
Thats what I'm doing.. I'm pretty sure of what I've done on my side, servers are up, but they are not on the server port I specified and therefore I can't test if they are up from a udp scan.

All servers should use the same port as they are using different IPs.. TM dedicated just doesn't seem to bind the IP correctly

Regards

ah I think I get it: you'd like the server to be listening on a specific ip.
The current version always binds to "0.0.0.0", and /netip only changes the "published public ip adress" (to allow port forwarding)

And what you'd like is to be able to specify a specyfic network interface?
I'll add it on my TODO list...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2006 23:03 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

I have some "big" bugs with the linux version. First of, it's way choppier than the windows version. I'm using a Linux server with GE connected to a 34Mbit/s internet-pipe and I set <connection_type>LAN</connection_type> but this is just horrible. I guess it might be latency/jitter related cause the other players (all with very few hops and low latency to the server) are teleporting all over the server. Watching someone thru the Follow camera or Replay camera is also a pain to your senses.

I tried changing it to <connection_type>DSL_16384_4096</connection_type> but it's still choppy. Since we run the server with Rounds this is a rather big nuance.

Anyways, then I thought, I should change this feature;
<vehicle_netquality>0</vehicle_netquality>
So I changed it to 1. Now this doesn't work at all. When this is set to 1 you'll only see your own car and all the other cars are parked on the startline as far as you can see. However, when they pass the checkpoints, the list is updated.

Finally, there's a 15 second limit in Rounds from when the first guy passes Finish until the race is stopped. However in the linux-version, I see people comming in with +18 and similar times. How is this possible?

We previously ran a dedicated Windows server on a 2Mbit/s line without these problems, but the linux version seems as bit immature atm. Are these known bugs, or am I doing something wrong?

Quote:
lurker@parabel:~/TmDedicatedServer$ cat dedicated.cfg
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<dedicated>

<authorization_levels>
<level>
<name>SuperAdmin</name>
<password>xxxx</password>
</level>
<level>
<name>Admin</name>
</level>
<level>
<name>User</name>
</level>
</authorization_levels>

<masterserver_account>
<login>xxxx</login>
</masterserver_account>

<server_options>
<name>Gjallar.no - Linux</name>
<comment>Island race - Rounds only.</comment>
<max_players>32</max_players>
<password></password>
<max_spectators>32</max_spectators>
<password_spectator></password_spectator>
<ladder_mode>normal</ladder_mode> // value between 'inactive', 'normal' and 'forced' (or '0', '1', '2')
<vehicle_netquality>0</vehicle_netquality>
<enable_p2p_upload>True</enable_p2p_upload>
<enable_p2p_download>True</enable_p2p_download>
<callvote_timeout>60000</callvote_timeout>
<callvote_ratio>0.5</callvote_ratio>
<allow_challenge_download>True</allow_challenge_download>
</server_options>

<system_config>
<connection_type>DSL_16384_4096</connection_type>
<server_port>2350</server_port>
<server_p2p_port>3450</server_p2p_port>
<client_port>0</client_port>
<xmlrpc_port>5000</xmlrpc_port>
<xmlrpc_allowremote>False</xmlrpc_allowremote> // !! WARNING: only enable at your own risk. Do not allow if you don't know what you do! The security is very low if you enable remote access, the validation of the messages received on this port isn't very strong.
<force_ip_address>xxxxx</force_ip_address>
<use_proxy>False</use_proxy>
<proxy_login></proxy_login>
<proxy_password></proxy_password>
<blacklist_url></blacklist_url>
</system_config>
</dedicated>

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2006 01:49 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Lurker wrote:
I have some "big" bugs with the linux version. First of, it's way choppier than the windows version. I'm using a Linux server with GE connected to a 34Mbit/s internet-pipe and I set <connection_type>LAN</connection_type> but this is just horrible. I guess it might be latency/jitter related cause the other players (all with very few hops and low latency to the server) are teleporting all over the server. Watching someone thru the Follow camera or Replay camera is also a pain to your senses.

I have 1 tmn and 1 tmsx linux dedicated (with a teamspeak and a sof2 server too) runing on a dual-PIII 1GHz , and it works ok. There are other linux dedicated which work ok, so it's more probably something in your connection, computer, or linux configuration...

Anyway, don't expect running in Rounds with 32 players if all users don't really tune their TM graphic configuration in a way permitting to have a decent framerate in such case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2006 08:21 
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU
The server works fine for me, but I can only see it in the LAN sectoin, are other people able to see it in the internet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2006 11:58 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Slig wrote:
Lurker wrote:

I have 1 tmn and 1 tmsx linux dedicated (with a teamspeak and a sof2 server too) runing on a dual-PIII 1GHz , and it works ok. There are other linux dedicated which work ok, so it's more probably something in your connection, computer, or linux configuration...

Anyway, don't expect running in Rounds with 32 players if all users don't really tune their TM graphic configuration in a way permitting to have a decent framerate in such case.

Hmmm, but do you run Rounds or Time Attack? I'll test with Time Attack and see if that is better. I have a Xeon 2.4GHz so it should be fine and the CPU and mem-load isn't particurarly high. I understand that 32 players in rounds is a stretch,but it's not like there ever will be 32 players there.

Also, any idea how people can finish with +18 secs with a 15sec "deadline"?
And have you tried changing the vehicle_netquality?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next