Dedicated server for TMO/TMS/TMN : final release

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 12 Jul 2007 11:00

jackDANIEL's wrote:Hello everybody,

I'm trying to build up a trackmania nations' server by using servermania. I succeed into configuring the program, but I'm the only one who is able to enter the server. Other players see displayed a message telling them "could not contact server. connection failed or disconnected from the server (10060)" . :(
Your server should be reachable on main port TCP and UDP (default 2350), optionally on p2p port TCP (default 3450), and if remote control is needed on xmlrpc port TCP (default 5000). So you will have to make on your nat-router the redirections for these ports to your server IP (which should be fixed, not dynamic), and be sure to not have a firewall preventing your server to be joignable on these ports too.

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Re: Dedicated server Info forTMN/LAN/Rank :

Post by djarrett » 04 Aug 2007 18:18

found it
Last edited by djarrett on 22 Aug 2007 11:36, edited 1 time in total.
"Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug."

shewolfie
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS

Re: Dedicated server for TMO/TMS/TMN : final release

Post by shewolfie » 22 Aug 2007 00:21

I have a question .....most of our clan has downloaded the full game of trackmania nations and we would like to start a dedicated server...Do we need to buy the game for the CD key to do this? was wondering and how do we go about getting it up and running? I have been reading threw the forums here about how to start one but wasnt sure if it was possible with the free download of the trackmania nations.....

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 22 Aug 2007 02:25

shewolfie wrote:I have a question .....most of our clan has downloaded the full game of trackmania nations and we would like to start a dedicated server...Do we need to buy the game for the CD key to do this? was wondering and how do we go about getting it up and running? I have been reading threw the forums here about how to start one but wasnt sure if it was possible with the free download of the trackmania nations.....
All TM dedicated servers are free (and TMN itself is free too*). The key is needed to make dedicated account for all TM except TMN : for TMN, just use the game to create a new account, and use that new login/pass for the dedicated.

(*) but for TMN game you can register it with a TMS or TMO cdkey to be able to share your car skins and make it visible to other players.

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 22 Aug 2007 06:39

Slig wrote:... just use the game to create a new account, and use that new login/pass for the dedicated.
Just give any new login/password in the dedicated config. The account is created automatically.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 22 Aug 2007 08:20

Mistral wrote:
Slig wrote:... just use the game to create a new account, and use that new login/pass for the dedicated.
Just give any new login/password in the dedicated config. The account is created automatically.
:D i forgot it, true :mrgreen:
Anyway, making it with the game you know immediatly if the login is already used or not.

shewolfie
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS

Post by shewolfie » 22 Aug 2007 19:17

ok downloaded the dedicated server files to start it but the file doesnt work...my husband tried it and it keeps crashing on him...also hes been having a problem with his he cant get paint to work it crashes to desktop everytime..he has tried copieing my folder and rewriting his with mine and it still does it..and ideas why?
anyway were can i get a good dowload for the dedicated server?

one more question about paint if i may....I made a car in mine and it tells me that i need mipmap? for 3d graphics? how i fix it?

thanks for your fast responce i appectiate:)

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 24 Aug 2007 10:44

The links on the first post of this topic are ok. To make it works, read carrefully the post, the Readme_Dedicated.html included in the archive, and eventually various tutorials about dedicated.

For cars skins, look at the car park FAQ. To make a .dds you can use DTXbmp to convert from another image format, or search a dds plugin (exist for photoshop and gimp at least), i think that Diffuse.dds have to be saved in format DDS DXT5 with mipmaps.

-UWS-Hoggy
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS

Post by -UWS-Hoggy » 31 Oct 2007 13:43

hey when i server my TMN server on linux, with the one u gave me, its only 1.7.4 yet we are all playing on 1.7.9, where can i get that server or an update, or is there a way to make it playable, as it is running, i have done the test and can see that it is accessble on the net, and today 2 ppl were playing on it, but i beleive it is just the wrong version, is there a new version, i couldnt find it in this post, i did see at the start that there was one made, but it was buggy, but isnt that wot we are all playing on????

thanks for the help

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 31 Oct 2007 13:58

-UWS-Hoggy wrote:hey when i server my TMN server on linux, with the one u gave me, its only 1.7.4 yet we are all playing on 1.7.9, where can i get that server or an update, or is there a way to make it playable, as it is running, i have done the test and can see that it is accessble on the net, and today 2 ppl were playing on it, but i beleive it is just the wrong version, is there a new version, i couldnt find it in this post, i did see at the start that there was one made, but it was buggy, but isnt that wot we are all playing on????

thanks for the help
No the 1.7.4 is the latest dedicated server version for TMO/TMS/TMN. There is no relation with the game version, so no need to have the same version number in dedicated and game.

(there will be a new version later, but for TMU F / TMN F)

slly
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU

Post by slly » 09 Dec 2007 06:57

FYI, mult cpu/core linux servers need to have the affinity set also for the same 'Invalid Times' issue.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Slig » 11 Dec 2007 20:36

slly wrote:FYI, mult cpu/core linux servers need to have the affinity set also for the same 'Invalid Times' issue.
i never had such problem on linux mult cpu/core. but it's a known issue on mult cpu/core windows.

slly
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU

Post by slly » 14 Dec 2007 16:58

Slig wrote:
slly wrote:FYI, mult cpu/core linux servers need to have the affinity set also for the same 'Invalid Times' issue.
i never had such problem on linux mult cpu/core. but it's a known issue on mult cpu/core windows.
i'm running 3 servers on a quad opteron in centos 5 (32 bit.) during some round starts and random points through the rounds, the server will throw back invalid times for all players.

however, when i set the affinity for the server PIDs, it's fine, no more invalid times.

oscarian
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Track Backups - MAPS.TXT

Post by oscarian » 13 Jan 2008 00:01

Sorry if this has been asked before. I've done some searching and can't find anything.

I'm using Dedicated TMN server with Aseco and Rasp. With Rasp I can add tracks from TMX.

The problem is, my server crashed last night and I lost all the tracks that were added from TMX, and had to revert to my original MAPS.TXT file for tracks.

Is there any way of saving all the current tracks currently installed in to a new MAPS.TXT file so that if the server crashes, I can recover all the tracks listed?

Ideally, if anyone knows how, I'd like the track itself to auto-download and the maps.txt file to be updated, but that's probably getting to advanced?

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

Thanks for your help!

-Oscarian

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: Track Backups - MAPS.TXT

Post by Xymph » 13 Jan 2008 01:45

oscarian wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before. I've done some searching and can't find anything.

I'm using Dedicated TMN server with Aseco and Rasp. With Rasp I can add tracks from TMX.

The problem is, my server crashed last night and I lost all the tracks that were added from TMX, and had to revert to my original MAPS.TXT file for tracks.

Is there any way of saving all the current tracks currently installed in to a new MAPS.TXT file so that if the server crashes, I can recover all the tracks listed?

Ideally, if anyone knows how, I'd like the track itself to auto-download and the maps.txt file to be updated, but that's probably getting to advanced?
I'm not sure what you mean by MAPS.TXT file, that's not a standard name for any file on a TMN dedicated server, but possibly you mean the matchsettings file. With any ASECO/RASP you can write out the current track list to an up-to-date matchsettings file with the /admin writetracklist command, by default to GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/tracklist.txt (or GameData/Tracks/rasp-tracklist.txt prior to v0.89) but you can specify a different filename if you like (since v0.89).

Since that's a little late now after your crash, first adding back all the TMX files to the server's track list is the time-consuming part, but if you're running the server on Linux and are a little bit handy with shell scripting, you could download the RPC Utilities, use "sendcmd.php AddChallenge" in a loop over all your TMX files, and quickly re-add them that way. And yet another approach is just a loop over all your TMX files to write them in the proper XML format to a new matchsettings file, prepend the headers from your existing matchsettings file, and restart the server with that.

On WinXP I can't help you, you may be doomed to manual addition labor. :lol:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub