Import trackmania Sample Cars

This forum deals with all the Movies & Replays of the Community. Use http://www.tm-tube.com and share your creations here!

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Pandorian
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNU

Import trackmania Sample Cars

Post by Pandorian » 05 Dec 2010 19:40

I want to create a intro video for an upcoming trackmania site, and I want to make it using Carrara 8. Carrara 8 is a 3d animation program similar to 3DSmax and Maya, much simlier though. So I want to ask how I can import the original Stadium Cars from Trackmania into Carrara (or 3DSmax). I would also want to know if it is possible to import the Stadium also.
Thank You

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Re: Import trackmania Sample Cars

Post by Gording » 28 Dec 2010 14:44

Pandorian wrote:I want to create a intro video for an upcoming trackmania site, and I want to make it using Carrara 8. Carrara 8 is a 3d animation program similar to 3DSmax and Maya, much simlier though. So I want to ask how I can import the original Stadium Cars from Trackmania into Carrara (or 3DSmax). I would also want to know if it is possible to import the Stadium also.
Thank You
Sorry. What you WANT, can't be done.

Game models (GBX) are finalised into a format that only a game can use. They cannot be re-loaded (or easily reverse engineered) into any 3D application for what you'd like to accomplish.

The game has a very flexible and capable "Media Tracker" for shooting videos inside the Editor menu. Everyone else (TM-Tube & YouTube) seems to be able to create videos using it, without needing the impossible.

You might LIKE to try this instead : Simply save a race (S key) on a track > got to the Editor > load the save > read the Media Tracker manual a 100 times > place cameras and viewpoints to capture the cars racing past at various angles (use cam #7, the numb-keys, and the wheel on your mouse to zoom down close to cars for interesting view points) > set trigger points and times in the timeline editor > record the video > use compression (as AVI will suck hard drive space up like a vacuum cleaner!).

Job done, and good luck in your efforts.