Mediatrack help--"realistic races"

This forum deals with all the Movies & Replays of the Community. Use http://www.tm-tube.com and share your creations here!

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Mediatrack help--"realistic races"

Post by Trackmaniack » 04 Nov 2009 18:56

Hey, fellow TMers! Trackmaniack here after a hiatus (and I'll probably take another one--school takes precedence) but I had to ask a question. I'm not sure if this is the right place, if not, you can feel free to move it. But, I want to know what's a good strategy for making "realistic" races--where the cars don't overlap. I see it done all the time on the TM-tube, but I'm not exactly sure of a good way to do it myself...any help?
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

Re: Mediatrack help--"realistic races"

Post by TStarGermany » 04 Nov 2009 20:08

1) implement every new replay you record into 1 big replay and drive "against it" and save again
2) repeat step 1
.. this way you can always see your previous replays and not touch them.

AlexKool
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by AlexKool » 04 Nov 2009 21:49

Yeah, those seem good ideas.

What about the start[if you needed one]? I guess you would have to make some other place as a start and not the real start block...
Join the 250+ GFC team members at: http://www.playfaster.net

DOWNLAOD Gaseco for your server now!

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

Post by TStarGermany » 05 Nov 2009 04:36

well..i would solve it like this:

1) start driving (at all replays) at the same time from the start block. then stop each car behind each other (or in any position you want) and let them rest there for a few seconds...
2) at a certain point of time, start to race your car (of course all previously recorded cars start at the same time,too)
3) when editing all replays in the end, use the "offset" functionality to make the replay start playing at the point where all cars are standing still, shortly before they all start to race.
4) after that, you need to rebuild the track a little bit, remove the original start bloc, insert a new one (before all the standing cars) and record 1 dummy replay with it.
5) open this replay (to get the "new" track),delete the dummy ghost and insert all previously recorded replays into it.
(at step 3, you can export the "big" replay, then import it at step 5)

Oven Apple
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Oven Apple » 07 Feb 2010 14:01

...or record replays, go to: Documents/TrackMania/Tracks/Replays/ and copy the replay and name it something else. And in game, set offset. I go to try it. :gobananas:
I am thirsty! :1