Limitations on Trackmania

General discussion about Trackmania Original.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Nex3l3
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Trackmania

Limitations on Trackmania

Post by Nex3l3 » 04 May 2018 19:37

Im just curious does this game exist (worth buying) or its just dead. I tried to install it from CD , it as in one of magazines i did read in past, and i played it a lot, but i see limitations on servers, and lack of "good maps" i used to have on my disk form various creators. I see there is tons of these games , but i dont think cominity is big anymore. I also noticed that ubisoft have his hands on it so im concerned about microtransactions.
I used to play it a lot when i was a kid, so its natural i would just come for month up to 3 months. Just for racing fun
And yes im 95 % sure i will not be able to get my account back :lol:

Owen J
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: All PC & DS
Manialink(s): Nope

Re: Limitations on Trackmania

Post by Owen J » 06 May 2018 12:20

The community is still very much alive in both United & TM2.
There are still loads of great quality tracks being uploaded on united.tm-exchange.com
Ubisoft's impact on the game has been very little, they pretty much just publish the games and that's it.

rad
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMO, TMS, TM2

Re: Limitations on Trackmania

Post by rad » 24 May 2018 14:46

The place to get some good tracks for TMO is here: http://original.tm-exchange.com/
The game is pretty much dead, there are few random players showing up occasionally during the week, or at least this is as much as I can see when I'm online.
There are 2 servers running (yes, masterserver is still working), but 24/7 just one (outerspace) and I usually launch mine whenever I'm home (usually afternoons/evenings these days) but I rarely get any visitors.
So as conclusion, I would suggest to buy the game only if you have a spare few bucks and you want to try the game once more and maybe play online a little (but most likely alone, unless you're lucky enough to be available in the right time that someone joins you).
Keep in mind that with a new cd-key you won't be able to connect to an old account, you'll have to make a new one.