Nadeo not taking TMN seriously?

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

exley
pedestrian
pedestrian

Nadeo not taking TMN seriously?

Post by exley » 03 Jul 2007 23:25

It seems to me that they aren't, I mean, the game has now reached ESWC and is just increasing in popularity. And thats great, but the thing is, the game has alot of bugs. I'm sure Nadeo has had alot of complaints about it, because it's ticking everyone off. But Nadeo doesn't do anything (maybe they plan to?). Anyway, it gives both the game and Nadeo a bad rep, simply because they don't do anything about it. And that is really unprofessional. If it's because of the money (which it probably is) then put a price on the game. Heck, I even bought TMU just to get a car in TMN!

With all the bugs around, competitions and so forth will just be about who gets the bugs and who doesn't. Of course it's skill also, but no matter how good you are, the bugs will hit you right in the face. This is by far the most annoying game I have ever played.

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 03 Jul 2007 23:27

Why not name any "bug"?

exley
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by exley » 03 Jul 2007 23:35

Because everyone who has actually played the game knows what I'm talking about ;)

[POL]jakub
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmn, tmu

Post by [POL]jakub » 03 Jul 2007 23:45

i am not sure, but theres a thing, that seems very strange to me.
some of you will remember moxley, the guy who wrote 200 threads about the ladder some year ago.
he told us about an alternative ladder, and wanted to make a lot of big things (of which of course not even one came true).

now we already have 2 new accounts, that remind me of this guy.
first one was moley, here: viewtopic.php?t=9750&highlight=
now its exley.
i think theres just someone posting negative threads without no meaning, just to get some attention.
if you remember this psychic guy moxley, this behaviour would exactly fit into his personality.

few days ago "moley", now "exley" ...is moxley back?
the tm-forum conspiracy begins :)

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 04 Jul 2007 00:02

exley wrote:Because everyone who has actually played the game knows what I'm talking about ;)
not me ^^
-------------
Moxley isn't playing TMN - hes often racing on my TMU server and the only negative thing he ever said was about the broken TMN ladder.

(and he wasn't the only one, just the first and most hated one ;))

He's a whole hearted trackmaniac.

exley
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by exley » 04 Jul 2007 00:17

The first meaningless post in this thread was made by you, jakub.

Back to topic. I can mention a few bugs:

half-pipe bug
- jump into a halfpipe and you will most of the time loose all your speed.

the shoulderbugs
-jump on it, you loose all speed.
-ride on it in high speed while turning, you start to slide.
-ride on it in any speed, a chance that the car suddenly bounces right up (rear, side, front. depending on what part of the car is on the shoulder) and starts to slide.

slidebug
-you can't slide if the car is already slightly sliding.
-if you powerslide on the shoulder, the car slides faster.

loopbug
-car suddenly decides to take a right/left turn in the middle of the loop, or you just loose all speed.

landingbug
-landing on all 4 wheels after a big jump, the car can loose all speed, do a sharp turn by itself, bounce and flip.

checkpointbug
-you can drive under the road with the checkpoint/finish line and still get the check.http://youtube.com/watch?v=6nuNgoqm4P0 here is a movie showing that one.

edgebug
-when driving really close to the edge of the road in a turn for example, a "bomb" triggers inside the edge pushing the car out in the road and also starts to slide.

platformbug
-jumping off a platform causes the car to bounce

expressman
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by expressman » 04 Jul 2007 00:31

Sorry to say that, but it seems you don't know the game very well.
All that mentioned bugs are part of the gameplay and hard to master.
Try, learn and some day you will be able to handle your car well in these situations.

The only bug that really exists is this:
exley wrote: checkpointbug
-you can drive under the road with the checkpoint/finish line and still get the check.http://youtube.com/watch?v=6nuNgoqm4P0 here is a movie showing that one.
You can only blame Nadeo about the boost topic and ladder. Florent promised much but Nadeo did nothing.
That's it and it will stay so.
So don't subscribe your life to points and ladder rank.

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 04 Jul 2007 00:34

I don't understand every aspect of your points, but most of them belong to the game physics and are not even random.

If you jump into a half pipe f.e. the track has a bad design. You can avoid losing all your speed if you "impact" 100% straight or control your speed that you will _not_ jump into the halfpipe, but before it.

Never seen the loop bug except on badly built loops (this is related to your "half pipe" bug).

The platform bug i only know from inflatables when you hit one of these "cushions" with the middle of your car.

To avoid bad landings you should use air control (break).

[POL]jakub
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmn, tmu

Post by [POL]jakub » 04 Jul 2007 00:43

ok, so ill come back to the topic.
all these bugs you mentioned are well known (some of them are not even seen as bugs), and to be honest, im not mad about it.
maybe thats even the particular flair, that makes trackmania nations so special.
With all the bugs around, competitions and so forth will just be about who gets the bugs and who doesn't.
thats simply not true.
i dont know which tournaments you played, but a good tournament includes good tracks from good track builders.
a good track builder can minimize the situations, where those bugs could happen.
myself, this year, i played the polish eswc final, and i saw on stream the races of the STC3, and not one of those mentioned bugs seemed to disturb the players in both tournaments.
the good thing is, everybody knows those bugs, and can simply adjust his driving style to it.
nowadays when i play online, i never here people complaining. not on the chats, and not on teamspeak with my team mates.

exley
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by exley » 04 Jul 2007 00:44

Bug or not, Nadeo should do something about it. All these random events can ruin your run completely, you can't drive every single inch of the track perfect with the speed of those cars. Therefore alot of these events will occur, and just like that, the winner is announced maybe just 10 seconds into the track. And how are you supposed to master something that is random?

With cash prizes up to 40,000 dollars in the big esport events, is it really right that the winner wins just because he was lucky?

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 04 Jul 2007 00:48

exley wrote:... you can't drive every single inch of the track perfect with the speed of those cars...
You have seen the experts racing? Go get some replays from TMX, go see some videos.

This is somehow like complaining about how random the car turns when you crash into a wall with 800.

exley
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by exley » 04 Jul 2007 00:49

So this is a game only for experts? Is that what you're saying?

expressman
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by expressman » 04 Jul 2007 00:50

Hm you don't want to accept what 3 different people (playing TMN since the start of that game) tell you.
Mistral also told you how you can handle some of your 'bugs'.

Learn it or not. It's your choice.

Mattheus
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Mattheus » 04 Jul 2007 00:50

If you know the game well, you know about the 'bugs', and if you have skill, you know how to avoid them. When you hit one, don't blame nadeo, it's all accountable to your driving capabilities.

Even the checkpoint bug didn't annoy me. There is still some sort of competition in it: Who hits the bug first (referring to Nadeo Expert G-2 and H-5)

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 04 Jul 2007 00:51

exley wrote:So this is a game only for experts? Is that what you're saying?
I say when you are no expert you are doing mistakes, like I do.

But its not the games fault ... I just would need more training ... or live with it :)