Ladder Hacking?

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

User avatar
Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1264
Joined: 24 Oct 2006 20:31
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)
Location: The Centre of Hell. In other words, Britain.

Post by Mac Matrix » 30 Jun 2007 13:45

PF Buster wrote:
Mac Matrix wrote:
WTF? You say you're not a booster in the pf sense of the word and I accept that, but if you're serious about this then clearly you care about this way too much. I didn't even know about this ladder ****, but now I do... I don't give a damn. Doesn't affect the records does it? Just play the game, or have some serious thoughts about whether its the game or the points tha tmakes it fun.

I was very angry when I typed that. If I meant it, I wouldn't have posted the screenie =D

Of course I'm not quitting, **** the ladder in its entirety and I'm proud of the fact I got my rank through pure skills (besides that million-ish points that put me into w#1 for the night). I got my share of recs on servers and **** and I'm happy to be able to beat people's times.

All I ask is my rank isn't qiped compleely. I earned 62,000 points through pure work... so yeah. O_o;

edit

I will make a very honest and serious point - from what Dr.Grip and someone else said on the earlier pages.

I am NOT a booster. In my fullest and honest opinion, boosting is pointless; not only is it a waste of time, but it requires no skill and no input (usually) and all it does is create a false sense of skill when in fact you have no bite to back up the bark, if you get what I mean.

Of course, because of that, I have a certain amount of 'pride', shall I put it, in my rank. Because all these 'boost 1000!!1111111toeen' servers with 50-ish people PFing make it difficult to get a low rank in the game - it requires skill to out-score a booster, and time too, and I have pride in knowing I am capable of, basically, kicking so much race-ass that I can get the points. I fully understand the ladder is corrupt; It's been that way since I started playing the game, but it's just the fact I have never really cheated the system in any way and that I am one of few who are able to earn the ranks they have and are able to back it up with the relevant driving skill.

So I can be fully understood to be angry when a bug occurs which sees millions of points per race given to people that can't even drive? Of course I am. Only in the reason that my hard-earned rank is suddenly demolished by utter race-noobs who probably don't know what an accelerator pedal is. I was so angry that , as beforesaid, I threatened myself to leave the game.

I'm not going to do that - one day later, and I've remembered again what the ladder is. Nothing. And I am just ignoring it.

Maybe I was wrong in the threat and my view, and my intent of action but I can't take away the fun of seeing 'Mac[z] has taken the 1 server record' in maps and laughing because I beat someone who put up a very good fight to get the rec I beat. That is what kept me racing and that's what always will do. The ladder means nothing; it's your name in records that are the real thing; only the best of drivers can do such things.

If I did offend anyone in the threat I also apologise; I also apologise to Grip for being someone 'boostish' in my original posts (or vague, shall I put it)

Oh yeah... Grip.. what was your server name and where is it again? I forgot.
You've got more balls than honesty Mac.....

I took this screeny a couple of weeks ago...... care to explain?

I have plenty of screen shots of you and other members of [z] cars if nadeo want them.

Image
For you information.

[z] doesn't promote boosting nor does it command members to boost. If members want to boost that's their problem. Most of them (i.e. Mop, Shocker, etc) have been kind enough to accept that and have joined boost teams, and I have no problem with that.

Also - that shot is Photoshopped and I refuse to accept that I was intentionally 'screenied' in a PF server.

Finally - My connection sucks too badly for any server with a ping lower than 500 to keep me in after the end of a race. I WILL ADMIT TO ENTERING PF SERVERS but I have never stayed - I have only ever gone in to speak to someone. My laptop always lags me out when the map ends, and it's just a waste of time to sit in PF servers, imo.

So if you can think of a better way to try to undermine me or my clan, go ahead. And if you think I'm still bullshitting there's a forum on my clan's site where you should put your ass for a match and we'll promptly kick it.

edit
[POL]jakub wrote:so for 10 euros i can be important?
ill give it 100 euros to be 10 x as important, and again the boost starts...

@tma,
when i said it would be a good idea, to base the ladder on wins, it was because i thnik it would be some kind of easy, because this number is already on everybodies account, and it cant be so difficult, to make a ranking out of it, as far as the programming is concerned.

of course there will be boost possibilities, and it will not show, who is the most skilled player, but at least it wouldnt be so easy to manipulate, because i cant imagine someone get like 50 own accounts on one server (and host this server).
this was only a desperate idea, which of course is not the best, but better then the exosting one.
The win/draw/lose screen is the best way to judge skill and the ratio of wins to losses is enough to show a good player. But since boosters have 250K either way I'm not sure how it would work. Would it work by calculating the relative ratio of wins to loses in order to determine a relative rank?
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

User avatar
[POL]jakub
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 212
Joined: 04 Jun 2006 16:19
Owned TM-games: tmo, tms, tmn, tmu

Post by [POL]jakub » 30 Jun 2007 16:00

the win draw loss screen doesnt tell too much.
playing on noob servers, you can have very few losses.
Last edited by [POL]jakub on 01 Jul 2007 03:40, edited 1 time in total.

UKFC»Hubcaps
sunday driver
sunday driver
Posts: 53
Joined: 12 Feb 2007 17:18

Post by UKFC»Hubcaps » 30 Jun 2007 16:50

Mac Matrix wrote: [z] doesn't promote boosting nor does it command members to boost. If members want to boost that's their problem. Most of them (i.e. Mop, Shocker, etc) have been kind enough to accept that and have joined boost teams, and I have no problem with that.

Also - that shot is Photoshopped and I refuse to accept that I was intentionally 'screenied' in a PF server.

Finally - My connection sucks too badly for any server with a ping lower than 500 to keep me in after the end of a race. I WILL ADMIT TO ENTERING PF SERVERS but I have never stayed - I have only ever gone in to speak to someone. My laptop always lags me out when the map ends, and it's just a waste of time to sit in PF servers, imo.

So if you can think of a better way to try to undermine me or my clan, go ahead. And if you think I'm still bullshitting there's a forum on my clan's site where you should put your ass for a match and we'll promptly kick it.

edit

Mac Matrix wrote:

LOL!

Nice.

Tape boosting sucks anyway. And if you don't believe me - I've done it. How on earth they get so many points is beyond me though, I kept coming 10th and getting 3 points a run.

Original post is here viewtopic.php?t=8846&highlight=

Helstar
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 267
Joined: 19 Aug 2006 03:28

Post by Helstar » 30 Jun 2007 17:52

We can say "boosted" :lol:
The music of the future will not entertain; It's only meant to repress and neutralise your brain.

tma
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 83
Joined: 24 Jul 2006 23:36

Post by tma » 01 Jul 2007 11:52

[POL]jakub wrote:the win draw loss screen doesnt tell too much.
playing on noob servers, you can have very few losses.
I completely agree. Always playing on the same server also helps, as TrackMania is all about knowing the maps.. In addition, most good players on pubservers usually don't give a flying *bleep* about winning the round itself, but instead hunt recs.. ;) A significant portion of any good player's losses on most public servers, I think, come from not even bothering to finish the round.. The top5 record board is all that matters, as they could easily win most public matches if they cared to anyway.

@Ferril
In my opinion, using the win/lose ratio for anything isn't really viable as it's as easy to inflate this figure as anything else. Taking rank of the ones you've beaten into account would help a bit I suppose, but how would you keep the people who already control the top100 from boosting eachother? They'd just have to spread their winnings out a bit more, that's all.. Still, it could work, and would be much, much harder to exploit than the current one. Overall best suggestion I've seen so far imo, and the scope makes it doable.

Taking it a bit further, into the dreamworld infact, another system I might suggest is almost a carbon copy of World of Warcraft's arena system.. Basically it would be like weekly automated rolling 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5 tournaments (separate ladders for each format). Players would queue up for ranked matches on centrally controlled servers with specific and new maps on a regular basis. Then you'd get points based on the rank of the people you beat, and lose points the same way (losing to a much higher ranked player/team = low loss of points etc). There would be a limit to have many ranked matches you could play per week, so you'd have to make the ones you play count, but at the same time a number high enough to ensure there would always be a reasonable amount of players queued up so the waiting times wouldn't be prohibitive. Then, at the end of each week, a formula similar to what ferril suggest would be applied, all points tallied, and ranks gains for that week calculated. If - in addition - there was a sufficient playerbase to implement matchmaking based on rank, (so that tmanoob doesn't get matched with Sandder for no chance of winning :roll:) that would be sweet as well.

All this would require some _serious_ implementation and time spent by Nadeo so I doubt a system such as this could ever be realised. The idea is frankly ridiculous ;) but it would be cool in itself, ranks aside, even! Tournaments = good, more tournaments = better ;) Well, assuming the maps were any good.. Maybe for TMU 2 or something...

User avatar
sloth
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 270
Joined: 04 May 2006 21:02
Location: Wirral, UK

Post by sloth » 01 Jul 2007 12:09

Helstar wrote:We can say "boosted" :lol:
LOL
Host of Death From Above
I am annoyed by the blatant Adware in the TMN launcher (I own TMU and don't need a web page reminding me of its existance)

PF Buster
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 4
Joined: 28 Jun 2007 18:14

Post by PF Buster » 01 Jul 2007 12:14

The only photoshopping thats been done on that screeny is the xfire message that i received has been blanked out, the rest is as it was. I havent gone looking for you mac but i do go and see whos on them and i see you often, as i said, i have no need to photoshop you in as youre on often enough and anyone on here i have no doubt will find you. Q?...... you go in to speak to PF Boosters... I didnt realise sellotape could talk.

As Ive said, its not a personal attack on [z] cars, i have a lot of respect for a lot of its members but your clan is known as a boosting clan. I think its rich that you guys have a moral standard and have rules about intolerance and your clans good reputation when half your team is at it..... and if the boosters have left to go to other clans why are you and the others on the ladder still wearing clan tags?

I hate boosting so much because a few selfish people have destroyed the game for the rest of us... if we get a booster on the server... you have an undeserved rank, most are not as good as their rank and are easy to beat... so the rest of us are getting more points than we should. Its a shitty thing to do.... so stop and nadeo..... FIX IT.

User avatar
Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1264
Joined: 24 Oct 2006 20:31
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)
Location: The Centre of Hell. In other words, Britain.

Post by Mac Matrix » 05 Jul 2007 12:43

PF Buster wrote:The only photoshopping thats been done on that screeny is the xfire message that i received has been blanked out, the rest is as it was. I havent gone looking for you mac but i do go and see whos on them and i see you often, as i said, i have no need to photoshop you in as youre on often enough and anyone on here i have no doubt will find you. Q?...... you go in to speak to PF Boosters... I didnt realise sellotape could talk.

As Ive said, its not a personal attack on [z] cars, i have a lot of respect for a lot of its members but your clan is known as a boosting clan. I think its rich that you guys have a moral standard and have rules about intolerance and your clans good reputation when half your team is at it..... and if the boosters have left to go to other clans why are you and the others on the ladder still wearing clan tags?

I hate boosting so much because a few selfish people have destroyed the game for the rest of us... if we get a booster on the server... you have an undeserved rank, most are not as good as their rank and are easy to beat... so the rest of us are getting more points than we should. Its a shitty thing to do.... so stop and nadeo..... FIX IT.
The only [z] member I'm aware of that has seriously tape booster is Silver - but he packed that in... I don't think he plays any more now. PC problems.

And I am one of few that have a high rank and can back it up, compared to most of the top 2,000 who drive like abolute crap.

...

OKAY OKAY. Hubcaps, so I admit I taped ONCE. Do I have to re-explain how I had my laptop online for an hour when I couldn't use it? ...

Okay. seriously. That doesn't make me a tape booster. >_>; I'm not all 'hardkore rank noob' or whatever, because like I said. It was a one-off. And the server ended up lagging me off half an hour later and I only noticed when I finished sorting out my Target round and discovered a '10061' error on my screen.

Not been in that server before. Don't intend to go in there again. I'll stick to taking records. Thank you.
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

User avatar
El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1097
Joined: 27 Oct 2006 11:00
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S
Location: Nae too far frae Glesgie
Contact:

Post by El Fuego » 05 Jul 2007 13:35

You mean HotPants doesn't boost? If she doesn't now, she certainly used to - when she left w4 and went to [z]. I mean, I used to beat her easily in Wooty server - and I'm ranked about 8,000!
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

User avatar
Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1264
Joined: 24 Oct 2006 20:31
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)
Location: The Centre of Hell. In other words, Britain.

Post by Mac Matrix » 05 Jul 2007 21:42

She doesn't boost now. that's what matters. What she did in wooty has nothing to do with [z].
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

User avatar
El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1097
Joined: 27 Oct 2006 11:00
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S
Location: Nae too far frae Glesgie
Contact:

Post by El Fuego » 06 Jul 2007 08:31

But I don't remember her being anywhere NEAR the UK Top 10 when she was in Wooty. When she moved to [z] .... :twisted:

(I may be mis-remembering - I am getting old after all ;) )
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

User avatar
Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1264
Joined: 24 Oct 2006 20:31
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)
Location: The Centre of Hell. In other words, Britain.

Post by Mac Matrix » 06 Jul 2007 15:57

She's been in the top 10 as long as I've played... before she joined.

And speaking of boosters - I'll be out the top 10 in ... I count ... five days. Stey (aka PDX Stey_j back when Paradox were around) is taping and he's taken 15,000 points since I checked the ladder last night.

****.
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 5326
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 08:58
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Zooz » 06 Jul 2007 21:52

I can't believe anyone is still taking that ladder seriously despite all the boosters...

User avatar
Ferril
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 81
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 15:05
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TM-F
Contact:

Post by Ferril » 06 Jul 2007 23:21

Oh my god! This is the olympics in off topic postings! Keep it on topic, please! For instance. Noone's commented om my suggestion. You're all too occupied nagging about who's boosting or not. Frankly I don't care. Ladder is busted and noones trying to fix it.
Proud ex-clan leder of Original Wheels of Norway (OWN)
http://www.own.no/

User avatar
f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Jun 2007 07:59
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF
Location: Dresden, Germany
Contact:

Post by f*ckfish » 07 Jul 2007 06:24

Ferril wrote:Oh my god! This is the olympics in off topic postings!
Actually you do quite the same regarding the fact that this topic is called "Ladder Hacking" and was supposed to handle the rounds-mode-unusual-monster-point-thing and not the boost bug. As a matter of fact I posted some offtopic stuff here, too. But one shouldn't be too anal about that ;-)
inactive, sorry

Post Reply