dedicated server troubles

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

madno
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

dedicated server troubles

Post by madno » 26 Aug 2006 21:05

i got a dedicated server but everytime i click start i get the error "root element is missing" what exactly am i supposed to type in the box that comes up when i click start? And how on Earth do i add maps??

RavenZero
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN & TMU

Post by RavenZero » 26 Aug 2006 21:25

Hi! madno!

I don't know the answer for you 1st question. But for 2nd, I do.

A: Open your TMN, select the tracks you want to use and save the config, the game wll create a new matchsetting with ".txt" extension, after copy that file and the selected tracks the the appropriate dir. Finally change the file path inside the .bat using a text editor. That's all.

madno
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by madno » 26 Aug 2006 21:34

i do not understand what u are telling me sorry

tma
road tourist
road tourist

Post by tma » 27 Aug 2006 13:22

madno wrote:got a dedicated server but everytime i click start i get the error "root element is missing" what exactly am i supposed to type in the box that comes up when i click start? And how on Earth do i add maps??
Not sure what you mean by clicking start, but I'm assuming you're running the attached .bat or .sh script to launch the server. In any case, I have never seen this error, but this sounds like an XML parse-error. I'm guessing your dedicated.cfg file (or whatever other config file you've specified in the command-line options of the runscript) is not well-formed XML. Either you're specifiying the wrong file, or you've broken the file that comes supplied with the server-distribution through editing.

Have you tried replacing the dedicated.cfg with a fresh copy from the distribution?

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 27 Aug 2006 14:41

Root element missing i know from Servermania and its described in the Servermania FAQ.