Freezone Servers

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

gou1
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMUF
Manialink(s): manialib maniapub maniateam

Re: Freezone Servers

Post by gou1 » 10 Feb 2011 15:49

Update: on the freezone:servers manialink, you can now delete a server and get the deposit back even if it has been disabled by a moderator.

Note that if you try to create it again after, it will still be have the "disabled by moderators" status.

bcbeyhan
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by bcbeyhan » 10 Feb 2011 19:20

thanks i could delete my server from freezone and get my 10k copper back now.
But i have some questions :
What in the future i want to open a freezone with a different server name ? Will it still be disabled by admin (you?)
Will i be able to run manialive plugin and without losing all my local db ? How do i do it ?

Thanks.

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 11 Feb 2011 20:35

Im sure that if you convince the moderater that the rules are followed you can even use the same login. But a new login is treated as a new login.
The manialive core and freezone plugin stand apart from local db options. I assume you run xaseco as most of us.
It will depend on who makes a plugin for local db storage and in which manner he will structure that.
That will determine if you can make a transition to that. I should take into account that db info will be lost in case of any other plugin creator other then xymph
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

sanpetro
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by sanpetro » 11 Feb 2011 20:45

hello all have a problem with manialive and the forum did not find a solution maniaplanet, my problem is that I can not run manialive on debian and ubuntu. He gives the command. / run gets results Launching ManiaLive Daemon with the following arguments:
Writing process id : 14110 to file.
manialive but it does not work in my logs only file runtime.log.
This content runtime.log
./run: line 109: /usr/bin/php
: No such file or directory

as it fires bootstrapper.php phpPath /usr/bin/php is working manialive

And my request that if anyone could help me

junglepatrol
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF TM²

Post by junglepatrol » 12 Feb 2011 09:03

it seems you don't have installed the php-cli package
use:

Code: Select all

apt-get install php5-cli
it should solve your problem

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 12 Feb 2011 13:08

It's so amazing how absolutely ridiculous some of these issues are, that I can only hope that most of you a feigning such a level of stupidity to avoid having to conceed to the freezone restrictions.

All the requirements are explained explicitly, so there is simply no excuse. If you have problems running Manialive, address such issues in it's maniaplanet subforum; and keep in mind you only have a small grace period (only at the kindness of Nadeo) to get it running after you register your server as FZ -- so get ML working first, or don't complain when your server gets shut down and you lose your coppers. If the terms php, batch/bash, mysql, etc don't mean anything to you -- you'd do best to start out with the simplest of web/server hosting tutorials before attempting to run a FZ server (otherwise you'll continue to plague us with the same basic problems that can be better solved by a simple google search).

On the topic of PHP support, it should be obvious ML requires v5.3 as it's stated loudly and clearly at every opportunity... As for how to get it.. it all depends on your OS. Windows is simple -- just install it according to directions, or even just extract it for cli (or use xampp if you're desperate, or lack understanding). As for *nix, some distros have 5.3 on their stable release channels (Ubuntu, Suse, Fedora), while on others you have to enable 'testing' repo branches to enable automatic install (a simple google search can explain everything). You also need to take into account your specific setup needs in case you use scripts that are not yet ready for 5.3, in which case you can always easily compile it from source for cli-only (laid out some simple instructions around page 4 somewhere).

On the topic of database conflicts, there is absolutely no table interaction between the freezone plugin and (x)aseco. The FZ plugin uses the table 'warnings' which is not used by any script, plugin, or other tool made for TM that I have ever seen (though I see no reason why the table name couldn't be made configurable to prevent future conflict). Also, there is absolutely no harm in two scripts accessing the same database at the same time (such issues were solved about two decades ago). If you are still not convinced -- just use a different database, as there's no need to keep them identical between different scripts. Any issues regarding the ability to connect to the db with ML or xaseco are directly caused by improper configuration.

As for conflicts not database related, there is nothing in a default setup of ML with the FZ plugin that interferes with Xaseco, and vice versa (as far as I know). There are however plenty of third party xaseco plugins that have been coded in such a way to interfere with ML and it's enforcement of FZ restrictions.

On a brighter note, it's been hilarious seeing how graphic sexual obscenities have been getting translated into English.. :lol:
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 12 Feb 2011 13:31

weerwolf1 wrote:...I should take into account that db info will be lost in case of any other plugin creator other then xymph
This is horribly worded... Nothing is ever lost. Using ML doesn't magically erase your (x)aseco db (not to mention the db format used has been around far longer than xaseco).

If you run (x)aseco alongside ML, your db will on (x)aseco will operate without conflict. On the topic of future migration from (x)aseco to ML, it all depends on what records keeping plugin ends up on top. Currently I am only aware of the MLEPP, which has such a function available, but haven't yet taken a look it's db format (which hopefully has been designed with RASP-compatibility in mind, in addition to storing other much needed infos).

At the moment, plugin development on ML is a bit immature. The offerings are promising so far, but there's simply nothing close to the caliber of the codings that have been provided in the past by authors such Xymph, Slig, Assembler Maniac, Sascha, and f*ckfish. As more experienced programmers make the transition or the current ones become more practiced, it's obvious that the capability of ML will grow.
Chief Janitorial Supervisor of the Let'sRock! TM community : www.LetsRock-TM.com

pr_killer
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by pr_killer » 13 Feb 2011 11:01

Hello Guys,

is it now allowed to host FreeZone servers with more then 40 Slots? Just wondering because i saw some FreeZone servers with 50 or more players. Maybe someone can tell me that, then i will activate more then 40 slots on my 4 FreeZone's.

Greetz
Killer

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 13 Feb 2011 23:55

nocturne, your making me cry.
php 5.3.x is making me nuts on my production server running debian 5.
Even friends of mine with knowledge for that daily jobs even did not recommend using php5.3.x but since i wanna grow with manialive i have to.
Since then it been one problem after another.
Only since 6th of feb debian is supporting 5.3 on it newly released version 6 Sqeeez.
Since dist upgrade hardly ever go smooth, and the release is so fresh i doubt even that switch is wise.
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

rpdo
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by rpdo » 14 Feb 2011 10:35

Good day

Let us do not know anything about programming, I've read the tutorial but I can not do
manialive work, what did was the following

I installed php 5.3
untarred the standard plugin folder
configured config.ini, I think not call upon the standart plugin (how)?

I'm currently stuck here:

gou1
cyclist
cyclist

Post by gou1 » 14 Feb 2011 10:45

weerwolf1 wrote:nocturne, your making me cry.
php 5.3.x is making me nuts on my production server running debian 5.
Even friends of mine with knowledge for that daily jobs even did not recommend using php5.3.x but since i wanna grow with manialive i have to.
The problem is not 5.3 itself.

PHP 5.3 is perfectly stable for production (mostly since since 5.3.2). Ubuntu 10.04 (which is the latest Long Term Support release) is even supporting PHP 5.3.2 as the default PHP version.

At Nadeo we are running several production servers with 5.3.2 with no issues whatsoever.

There may be some migration issues with old code though (Xaseco is a good example of that), but everything is well described in the doc at http://www.php.net/migration53

SaTaNaSDiaBoLo
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU TMUF
Manialink(s): maniahome

Post by SaTaNaSDiaBoLo » 14 Feb 2011 12:46

A new release of the FreeZone Plugin has been made.
We added a testMode in the plugin. Once enable in the config file, the server will work like a FreeZone but do not connect to ManiaStudio servers, so a server running in test mode is not Valid. Use this mode only to test your server, and see if there is no conflict.
To use this mode add this line to the config file

Code: Select all

plugins.Freezone\Freezone.testMod = true
To download the plugin it's the same link than the previous version: http://files.manialive.com/plugins/Freezone_Plugin.zip
Imagecolor>

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 14 Feb 2011 13:41

There's nothing inherently wrong with php 5.3.5... It's just something new. It's exactly like when win vista was released.. It was faster, more intuitively designed, incredibly more secure -- yet most chose to demonize it rather than make the transition, because they were too used to what they had. Also like Vista, a lot of old code is just not compatible, but in most cases it's something you shouldn't be running it anyways.

In my case I just chose to compile it for cli only so I could just run it from a directory for ML, rather than spend a few hours debugging errors on Aseco and a half a dozen websites. Having only compiled a few packages from source before, I just googled for a guide, looked at a few, and pieced it together on my own. You'll need a few packages like 'gcc' and 'mysql-devel' -- just use the search feature in yum/aptget to find and then install them when a dependency pops up. It takes a little time and patience, but it's not that hard to accomplish.

Even if all your code/sites are ready for php v5.3.x and it's supported in a release channel on your distro, you may still run into a few problems.. My advice is backup your php.ini, uninstall php through your package manager, install v5.3.x through your package manager, then go over the php.ini-production file comparing it against your saved config (i haven't looked that far into the config changes myself), make your edits, and save it as a new config.

gou1
cyclist
cyclist

Post by gou1 » 14 Feb 2011 14:33

nocturne wrote:There's nothing inherently wrong with php 5.3.5... It's just something new. It's exactly like when win vista was released.. It was faster, more intuitively designed, incredibly more secure -- yet most chose to demonize it rather than make the transition, because they were too used to what they had. Also like Vista, a lot of old code is just not compatible, but in most cases it's something you shouldn't be running it anyways.

In my case I just chose to compile it for cli only so I could just run it from a directory for ML, rather than spend a few hours debugging errors on Aseco and a half a dozen websites. Having only compiled a few packages from source before, I just googled for a guide, looked at a few, and pieced it together on my own. You'll need a few packages like 'gcc' and 'mysql-devel' -- just use the search feature in yum/aptget to find and then install them when a dependency pops up. It takes a little time and patience, but it's not that hard to accomplish.

Even if all your code/sites are ready for php v5.3.x and it's supported in a release channel on your distro, you may still run into a few problems.. My advice is backup your php.ini, uninstall php through your package manager, install v5.3.x through your package manager, then go over the php.ini-production file comparing it against your saved config (i haven't looked that far into the config changes myself), make your edits, and save it as a new config.

The vista example was badly chosen (it was indeed better than XP, but it was too damn slow and memory consuming) :lol: (but I do agree with the rest)

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 14 Feb 2011 15:04

gou1 wrote:The vista example was badly chosen (it was indeed better than XP, but it was too damn slow and memory consuming) :lol: (but I do agree with the rest)
Well, figured most around here may be too young to recall the win98se to winxp transition, hehe..

Anyways, posted this over on MP's forum but figured I should share it here:
nocturne wrote:I was giving everything a once over to make sure all the remnants of the chat filtering were indeed removed... and wow..

In some ways it was removed, but in only the sense that you no longer get a warning or a boot (at least to start). Instead there's the SlangUser codings (pretty clever, eh?), where you monitor everything a player says against a 'slang' list provided by a remote server, maintaining an internal array of users who trigger it (liked my suggestion, eh? -- but didn't know it'd be used for evil). Anytime a user triggers this function more than a preset number of times, their info is sent to Nadeo (without any notice to the user, nor the server operator via console output). Then when a player rejoins the server, a check is done against the nadeo server's list of banned players, and bam -- they get banned from the server without ever knowing they violated any rules.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded... This is way over the line, on so many levels. You are basically gathering info such a clandestine manner it can only be judged as 'spying'. You maintain a secret list of 'trigger' words, that when uttered brings up a red flag on a remote server that causes action without any notice to the user -- kind of like if I say 'bomb in times square' on the phone here in the US.
I went through the plugin and commented out all the clandestine code. I think I got it all, but here's a source file so you guys can take a look for yourselves: http://www.letsrock-tm.com/misc_garbage/Plugin.phps