Short term issues for competitions

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

keep_on_dreaming
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF; TMU

Re: Short term issues for competitions

Post by keep_on_dreaming » 10 Dec 2010 14:45

In my huble opinion the best solution would be to make private (password protected) non-ladder (lp 0-0) servers joinable for everyone. So this change won't have any effect on tournaments and clan competitions.

Also should it be possible to join relay servers.

$har/<y
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: That ruined up

Post by $har/<y » 10 Dec 2010 20:45

If i can login on server throught the list, why it must be limited in normal way? You've just chased out many players, that were potencial to buy a normal game.. now everyone looks for additional solution and nor will buy "better" account cause there is not a reason to buy that ...

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Post by svens » 11 Dec 2010 19:27

I figured that this problem belongs here too; I've got some Nations accounts lying around here to host relays. I registered them before I bought united (for hosting servers myself was the reason to buy it) and I'm only interested in stadium.

Since the best feature of TMNF has been introduced (the mega-super-uber-cool FreeZone of course) my relays can no longer connect to regular match servers. This is a bit unfortunate, as I'd really like to keep the login names and there's no way to change those to united ones (except for buying one additional copy per account, which is out of question because my united accs have more than enough server slots left).

I'd appreciate if a solution for this could be found. I guess a simple "delete my account" button on the playerpage will be enough. Just for the record, it's not the first time this problem pops up (http://tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10& ... &view=next).

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 11 Dec 2010 20:32

svens wrote:Since the best feature of TMNF has been introduced (the mega-super-uber-cool FreeZone of course) my relays can no longer connect to regular match servers. This is a bit unfortunate, as I'd really like to keep the login names and there's no way to change those to united ones (except for buying one additional copy per account, which is out of question because my united accs have more than enough server slots left).
I think that you should try to send a MP to Alinoa, with concerned logins and associated pass (and key if possible), asking if it is possible to delete them so you will be able to create dedicated logins with the same logins.

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Post by svens » 11 Dec 2010 20:54

If it's okay for them, I'll do it this way.