FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

HoffernJr
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMN

Re: FREEZONE

Post by HoffernJr » 10 Dec 2010 15:37

Gekko wrote: Edit.: They will not answer cause Nadeo is usual to go on holidays for much days.
So prepare yourself to do a Christmas without playing.
Nadeo have a meeting today, that's why they can reply now ;) Hope they'll come back later and answer some of the questions

Ionian
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Ionian » 10 Dec 2010 15:44

explode.Michi wrote:nadeo??
you should have built this game for the reason to make all these young and old people happy with your game!! and only in second part for making money.
But with this initiative you improved the opposite.
This sucks.
Yes, but in the real world, companies make games to make money. A company like Nadeo then invests that money in making new games, and the cycle goes on. Trackmania is not a university project; it is a real game made by a real company to make real money.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 10 Dec 2010 15:48

HM... I just understood the problem Nadeo is having. After playing the game for 5 years, I've not really been to the trackmania.com-website that often, but visiting I can't find a way to buy Trackmania United Forever. I've looked at play.com where I've bought 3 copies earlier, and the only thing they have now is TMU (not F). I know you can upgrade, but that's another point.

Product, Price, Place, Promotion is simple marketing. Without a place to buy the software you go broke. No matter how much promotion, low price or good product, you're lost without a place to sell your product. Not to be rude, but to see that an online-game should lack a place to sell their product is WEIRD.

ps. I know where to find it, I'm just saying it's weird not even having a link on their own website...
Last edited by lille79 on 10 Dec 2010 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 10 Dec 2010 15:56

Jamie McDonald if i was Flo, i FIRED you from this forum some months ago. Have the respect for the peoples that bougth 50 TMU like me and :
awarded 45 TMU in TPS life, and you?????
invested about 50000€ in TMU and you????? (i earned too, is obvious)
coded for 5 years on TMU and you?????
suggested many interesting ideas and you?????
done the real ADMINISTRATION helping 1200000 players each year, always present and always nice, and you?????

Nadeo can rise up starting to FIRE this kind of peoples.
Now what you'll gonna do??? Ban my account? Do another laugh (on this dxxk)???
Last edited by Gekko on 10 Dec 2010 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 10 Dec 2010 15:57

lille79 wrote:HM... I just understood the problem Nadeo is having. After playing the game for 5 years, I've not really been to the trackmania.com-website that often, but visiting I can't find a way to buy Trackmania United Forever. I've looked at play.com where I've bought 3 copies earlier, and the only thing they have now is TMU (not F). I know you can upgrade, but that's another point.

Product, Price, Place, Promotion is simple marketing. Without a place to buy the software you go broke. No matter how much promotion, low price or good product, you're lost without a place to sell your product. Not to be rude, but to see that an online-game should lack a place to sell their product is WEIRD.
BIG QUOTE TO YOU!!!!!!!
Nadeo never done a advertisement on google or Facebook, this mean die!!!!!!

Seismic
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Seismic » 10 Dec 2010 16:08

we should all put this link in our names

http://tool.noslide.org/

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Dec 2010 16:09

Gekko, i have spent about the same sum, stop making it sound like youre the only one in this mess, i have said over and over, we are ALL in this boat. that inculdes me m8ty.

if my green name means nothing then fine, but i still have a right as a player, team owner, and server renter, tournament helper, jsut like you! now behave. and DO NOT troll and further.

and lille, yup advertising can definately help out here (and should have previously).

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 10 Dec 2010 16:09

sick Gekko is back :) Now it really gets entertaining again..
getting my Popcorn....anyone else?

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 10 Dec 2010 16:10

@gekko, its always again amusing how you write ALL the admins
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

enax
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by enax » 10 Dec 2010 16:11

The most stupid decision I've ever seen!
Nadeo attacked players of TMNF, whose are playing game, which is created to FREE PLAYING! Forcing players to buy TMU is not fair!
Cause of you incompetent decision many teams will dissapear, new players won't come to TrackMania world, cause the have no place for normal playing, only some shitty FreeZone servers!
Personally I wanted to buy TMU. But after 9.12.2010, when Nadeo decided to destroy whole game, I won't buy it. You has given a prefect present for christmas, you can be proud!
Last edited by enax on 10 Dec 2010 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
9.12.2010 - Day of TM death

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Dec 2010 16:13

enax wrote:The most stupid decision I've ever seen!
Nadeo attacked players of TMNF, who were playing game created to FREE PLAYING! Forcing players to buy TMU is not fair!
Cause of you incompetent decision many teams will dissapear, new players won't come to TrackMania world, cause the have no place for normal playing, only some shitty FreeZone servers!
Personally I wanted to buy TMU. But after 9.12.2010, when Nadeo decided to destroy whole game, I won't buy it. You has given a prefect present for christmas, you can be proud!
And what happened to the christmas present they needed in the meantime when they provided you with so much fun?

Complain when the ship goes down, after not rowing a paddle me thinks! (least uber revolutionery gekko has invested and has a right to complain a bit, yes i do understand Gekko vaguely :D ).

Per0TT
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMFU

Post by Per0TT » 10 Dec 2010 16:14

lol, You can clearly tell by the way this desiscion is explained by Nadeo/Florent that *someone* is under high pressure from someone higher up in the system.

This decicion seems very short sighted with very little thought behind it, be careful Nadeo of the long-term damage it can do to TM.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 10 Dec 2010 16:16

will be posting a topic about the information provided by nadeo and by players for getting acces to servers.

If that is fine by moderators?

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

park
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by park » 10 Dec 2010 16:18

What about putting the FreeZone server at the end of the list for TMUF-players?

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Dec 2010 16:20

w1lla wrote:will be posting a topic about the information provided by nadeo and by players for getting acces to servers.

If that is fine by moderators?
Sorry w1lla, i do not know what the official stance should be for this, but i guess they will let you know if it's not right to post eh :sweet:

edit: nice idea park :thumbsup: