FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

smwforever45
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF, TMT, TM2
Manialink(s): smw

Re: FREEZONE

Post by smwforever45 » 26 Feb 2011 13:09

Okay, so I might be a United player, but I don't like the FreeZone anymore too.
When it was invented in December 2010, I thought first it was a good idea to make Nations more restricted than before, because in my opinion Nations wasn't a demo anymore like that. Apart from the missing envionments, the missing peer-to-peer in Nations, no solo ladder and of course fewer tracks, there were almost no differences to United. And Nadeo didn't have many other choices, as the closing of the Massive Inc. came pretty fast and they weren't aware of it. But I always had the fear that the amount of players might go down because of the FreeZone - and sadly I wasn't wrong. There are only about 55% of the old players left now, no matter if Nations or United. It's especially like that since another FreeZone rule was invented, the 'Race 5, spec 1' (and now even 'Race 2, spec 1', see viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27813) rule. It's pretty unfair to the Nations players to not let them race like they want. And that's making them angry and making them leave without supporting Nadeo by buying United. I can totally understand their anger now.
I went on one of the FreeZone servers once - and I'm pretty sure I won't do that again. The chat was like a battlefield, and people obviously had fun calling each other names. There were no ban votes or something at that time, but that was because I went on a FreeZone server when it just started. I bet that if I went on one of those servers now, I'd most likely be kicked or even banned after 2 matches because of always winning because the other players drive really badly and prefer flaming other people to racing.
The situation is escalating, and Nadeo doesn't feel like doing something against it. No doubt, I love TrackMania, and I play it every day. But if the community dies out, it's not good for Nadeo and for the players. And bullies on servers ain't cool either.
At this point, I wanna highlight a post which could be a solution for everyone (and which is already more than 2 months old BTW...)... This post could be the perfect solution for all players and maybe even save TrackMania... if Nadeo acts fast and gives it a try before it's too late.
Last edited by smwforever45 on 26 Feb 2011 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
~ smwforever45 :)

My YouTube Channel =)

mixnetwork
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: Trackmania United
Manialink(s): spacezone

Post by mixnetwork » 28 Feb 2011 17:52

mixnetwork wrote: At this place, i have 2 Full version account, 1 of them I want to give away, it's already registered, so you cannot change login. if somebody has interest, please send a message in TM to mixnetwork.

Account already gone!!
Live is for livin'
The Spacezone fun clan

Alesh
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Alesh » 03 Mar 2011 03:41

Hey guys, what happen with players which got TMNF?
They can't join in any server in all game (freezones or in our favs)...
Wait for some answer^^.

seafs
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN ESWC, TMNF

Post by seafs » 03 Mar 2011 08:16

Same here. TMTP links doesn't work, neither external /via browser) nor internal (no access to the ingame browser)

BrainSmack
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by BrainSmack » 07 Mar 2011 09:19

So, how are the TMUF sales going since the freezone (you could name it freeze-zone, because thats what the game is now compared to before) thing started? Was it worth it? :|
A change in attitude can change your life.
Click here to play in my server

justanother1
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by justanother1 » 16 Mar 2011 04:55

Will you guys be using this forum to post your Resumes since you'll ALL BE LOOKING FOR A JOB SOON!! Sad part is, I BOUGHT UNITED, and NOW ALL THE GOOD SERVERS ARE EMPTY AND ALL THE OLD PLAYERS QUIT AND I WASTED MY MONEY!! **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU !!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

donjuanme
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: free one.

Post by donjuanme » 26 Mar 2011 19:34

jamie_macdonald wrote:Hi jojo, it's fine for those of us that are prepared to pay and support the developers. If your "userbase" that's so "massive" did the same there would be no problems for any of us,

The future is in your hands m8ty. to put it simply.

But just to remind you, for every person that steps out sulking about this, there will be another happy to contribute and keep TM alive. So you choose basically, to be there, or not to be. TM will not "die" purely because you do not condone the changes, it just merely puts your own future with TM at risk.

i do hope however you will stay and make use of them tmtp links to add to favourite :thumbsup:
OR they could open the game up enough to get it to people like me, and let word of mouth + advertising do the job, just because you lose 1 sponsor doesn't mean the **** has hit the fan. however, if you lose 1 sponsor, and throw the **** in the air, it WILL hit the fan. Why do you think people will buy this game right now, when the NEW ONE is right around the corner? WHY do you think people will be extorted for COMMUNITY CREATABLE MAPS and LITTLE NEW MULTIPLAYER CONTENT, when all they want to do is avoid sitting out once every 5 games?

TMUF is a ripoff at 40$, and you are going to see your game shrivel up and die unless somethings changed. you guys don't honestly think you do alot for this game do you? all you are doing atm is extorting your fanbase.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 26 Mar 2011 19:41

They did not loose 1 sponsor, they have lost all of them.

Phael
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Phael » 05 Apr 2011 17:43

NADEO killed itself.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Knutselmaaster » 05 Apr 2011 17:58

Thanks for sharing that.
bye

ganzzz
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by ganzzz » 20 Apr 2011 07:33

you could also let people race 5 times at 'normal' servers and wait one race so we can race al the servers we want.

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 20 Apr 2011 12:00

ganzzz wrote:you could also let people race 5 times at 'normal' servers and wait one race so we can race al the servers we want.
They gave paying server admins the ability to add custom servers to the freezone, so there is no shortage of custom hosted servers for you to try,

Some of us, do not want our servers in the freezone, and i as a paying customer would like to keep it that way ;)

PS: if you wonder why i would not like a freezone server, or free players in. Then understand that over 5 or so years of running cup teams, in my experience: the reliability and effort of free players is far less on average than that of paying players, so i do not want more applications from effortless, and non rewarding people in my team any longer, around 1 of every 30 who applied have actually been worth the effort, allthough of course that's my opinion, and people are free to do whatever they feel :)

Blaster72
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Nations

Post by Blaster72 » 20 May 2011 20:20

I have a clan with over 50 members in it. I thought Trackmania would be a great way to introduce them into driving games, because if they couldnt afford a game they could still play, and those who could afford it could upgrade.

After spending 5 hours looking around today, sifting through countless forums and finally setting up a server I realize that nobody will join our server unless I tell each specific person the ridiculous procedure to add the server to their favourites list. Even then, I will have no visitors exept for people I specifically invite.

Even more ridiculous is that they have to sit out one in every 5 races.

I am removing this game from my clan and I will not suggest to my members to buy it. NFS World is a better bet, or if u need to spend the money anyways, get SHIFT Unleashed.

At least these forums should explain up front before going to all the trouble of installing the game and server. No-where does it say how a TMN person can add a favourite.

How convenient that this franchise gets to enjoy all the positive publicity about this game on the internet, when it is all based on historic and inaccurate information.

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 20 May 2011 20:35

only thing that can be suggested is look for TM2 when it comes out.

this game popularity has gone downthe drain with the creation of the freezone servers.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by Knutselmaaster » 20 May 2011 21:52

Yea, it really is a lot of work to type tmtp://#addfavourite=your_server_login on your forum :?
Besides, which teammembers don't have their team servers in the favs?
And no, they won't have 1 track in spec every 5 that way, that is only on freezone servers.