FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

tcq
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Re: FREEZONE

Post by tcq » 07 Feb 2011 16:03

takumi22tb wrote:[...] what i meant is that because i paid for tms... i think i should get the three environments on tmu that were originally on tms for free. but only those three environments
Where would then be the sense of selling TMU? What about this strange idea? It was to unite all tm games into one and furthermore give a revenue back to nadeo, so they have the power to develope new cool stuff and have some money to live from?

And as a key holder of older games, you can enter them for extra daily coppers income into your tmu account.

Jelle Mees
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Jelle Mees » 07 Feb 2011 17:58

I have many copies of TMU to sell for 15 euros. I was supposed to give them away at contests but I've quit playing since Freezone...
Paypal only.
ImageImage

Doronskiy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Doronskiy » 09 Feb 2011 23:40

Demand for this has gone down..

Wyvern
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Wyvern » 10 Feb 2011 02:40

After having been away from Nations Forever for the past year and coming back to find this, I am disappointed. I go online to find that without jumping through the favorites list hoops, I can only play on certain servers in which I am bombarded by boxes popping up every time a new track starts telling me that i was only in the free zone and that I should buy United Forever to get full access. It forces me to septate on every 5th map which is just annoying and that count follows me between servers making it difficult to find ones I like. Even though I only play casually from time to time I was considering buying United Forever, but then I saw the price. $39.99 USD to download a copy of a game that is 3 years old (5 if you are going from the original United release)? Really? Heck, it was $10 less before it became United Forever. At this point in the life of the game I would maybe pay $15 or $20, especially considering that Trackmania 2 will be coming out soon. The way things are going and the more casual players get more and more frustrated and with the more hardcore players switching to Trackmania 2, Forever will be no morel.

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 10 Feb 2011 03:49

Try buying it from here

Wyvern
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Wyvern » 10 Feb 2011 05:29

Ant wrote:Try buying it from here
I appreciate the thought, but I am in the United States so that really doesn't help me. The DVD copies have pretty much dried up over here and the only place other than Steam and the Trackmania website is some amazon.com retailer that wants a crazy high price per copy. :( If I could find a copy for that price over here (about $15 USD) I would be all over it.

ninjds
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS

Post by ninjds » 13 Feb 2011 16:11

TM was the greatest half-free game around, probably for the last 5 years. I've been playing a lot, put a looot of friends on it, had long nights fun...

... and that's it. The end.

I would love to see stats about the consequences of the Freezone on connections. It probably got much more "pro", no more casual players. I guess most servers closed (I see many signatures with server stats "Offline" now).

Trackmania Nations was a simple, low-content featured game, mostly living thanks to its incredibly active and large community. The high content games were the Sunrise and United editions, and the Nations edition was like "a demo" for it. I never payed for demo, and I never saw a demo in which the restricted content gets even moer restricted after 5 run!

This 5-run limitation definitely destroyed it all for me. By the time I write that, I got TM uninstalled for the first time since it was launched. I'm looking forward to see a new great, community-focused game to bring again so much fun.

Good bye guys.

PS: the "advertisement crash obliged us to..." is an amazing joke. TMN has been bringing a lot of money for years ; finding advertisement has never been an issue for any big company ; a "free game" is not supposed to create cashflow but a flow of players, from which some will buy the full version.

uxgHomer
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by uxgHomer » 18 Feb 2011 18:41

I agree with hotrod and i think if this,playing around,with the game goes on...TM will DIE. Like i say before it's too expencive to buy it and too many ppl are not able to get that ,,addfavourite" because dont work all time..so i sugessed to put the prize of the game way down below 40$(let's say 10$-15$)...IT WILL HELP a lot...thrust me i'm hones!
if the prize of the game was 10-15$ i will buy it for sure but now i will not buy it because my monthly wage is 200$,and for me...it's too expencive. with all do respect have fun!

partydevil
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by partydevil » 19 Feb 2011 19:52

all good and well but this freezone sh*t realy is no fun at all.

-there are 0 fullspeed servers for my level.
-WTF @ the rule to spec evry 5 maps? i play the game to race not to watch others race.
-no update what so ever when a server is buggy or a track is buggy.
-i can't talk anymore on those servers. (no it's not a mute. i havn't played the game for 2 month's and i still can't talk) i can talk fine on any other "not freezone" server.

and yes it´s a great way to encourege people to pay for it when you make the free version of the game so god danm bad that it simply is no fun to play anymore. i loved to play trackmania for 5 year now but i´m realy looking forward to a other company who is going to make a game like this. and if i find no1 doing it the next 3 year. i will start making 1 myself. and show nadeo that you don´t have to f*ck up your free game to get more money.

plz. atleast remove this very gay rule about specing evry 5 tracks
Last edited by partydevil on 19 Feb 2011 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

partydevil
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by partydevil » 19 Feb 2011 20:03

ASF Kamakaze wrote: Nadeo you guys have seriously ****ed up big time and its mostly your fault for TM to die like this..

100.000% agree, he hitted the nail right.

mechawhat
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by mechawhat » 20 Feb 2011 12:50

I thought about coming back to Trackmania, re-buying (I've purchased TMUF before) the full version and stuff.

But, this FreeZone stuff is just awful. Why should I pay for the game if it's gonna' be a ghost town? Guess I'll go find another game to spend my money on then. Heck, the fact I have to watch every 5th game (when it's usually a good track) made me mad enough to decide not to even fork over for this anymore.

Then again a lot of good ole' games are making decisions these days that end up hammering the gigantic final nail in the coffin. Well this sucks, I'm outta' here.

ASF Kamakaze
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMU

Post by ASF Kamakaze » 22 Feb 2011 03:52

jamie_macdonald wrote:
ASF Kamakaze wrote:I hope TM2 brings everyone back again...

Nadeo you guys have seriously ****ed up big time and its mostly your fault for TM to die like this..
Well that's nice and considerate of you, i'm sure they will remember to shower you with free stuff for that comment (you wish).

Grow up :D

See you in TM2 (if you're not too grumpy to pay for it ^^).
Lol all im saying that Nadeo have pissed off alot of people and have done a bloody well good job of it but i am aware that you have tried fixing the problem and am greatfull for that but there could have been better options. Like who wants to sit in spec mode and not even be able to chat??

I love this game to death and have been playing for many years as i have TMU, but i feel sorry for the Nations players who cant buy the game for some apparent reason which they should cause its only $30 but you have killed the Australian community and most likely many other clans and communities in TrackMania.. TM2 better be worth its money because you have just dramatically decreased the amount of sales because of Freezone and people leaving TrackMania entirely. Just remember that buddy...

mixnetwork
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: Trackmania United
Manialink(s): spacezone

Post by mixnetwork » 24 Feb 2011 10:16

Well, I have United Forever, I have 3 Full Verions accounts. several servers running.
Most of my players where free version players, all my servers are empty now.

For me, i do not have fun anymore and I think Nadeo will lose many people which already have the full version like me.

I had a TM Clan with over 60 members, since freezone is active only 5 are left. So i think they will shoot themselve with this.

I understand the reasons, but its part of the marketing depertment to get new companies which advertise. Its a big failure to count on just one big advertiser.

For my part , i will look out for another game and play TM not much anymore, because it just makes no fun anymore.

If this will go on with TM 2 also, i do not think i will buy the new version.

I talked to many people which have the full version, most of those who I know do not play anymore, since freezone is active.

So for my part I think ist a big failure and very bad for all those who had already teh full verion , made there own server and put many many work in plugins and all things for Trackmania.

Weel i will keep looking if its get's better, but i do not think it will change anymore.

At this plce, i have 2 Full version account, 1 of them I want to give away, it's already registered, so you cannot change login. if somebody has interest, please send a message in TM to mixnetwork.
Live is for livin'
The Spacezone fun clan

Jackel
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMU,&TMS

Post by Jackel » 25 Feb 2011 21:51

Looks like freezone will be the death of this game. I'm debating if it be worth my time too convert on of my two servers too a Freezone server seeing I have too pay 250cp a week for a nations driver too play on my server. just don't see how it's worth it too me.
Founder and Admin of Cobra Gaming Systems.

Voss
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Trakmania Sunrise

Post by Voss » 26 Feb 2011 02:38

I got into Nations a year ago, then dropped out for a few months. I came back this week, ready to buy United Forever, only to learn that Freezone has killed the game.

I already own Sunrise, but I fear it might be the only Trakmania game I ever will own if Nadeo doesn't change course.