FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

User avatar
w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1466
Joined: 23 May 2007 07:20
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr
Location: Venray

Re: FREEZONE

Post by w1lla » 17 Dec 2010 14:51

The standard has been thrown away years ago by the community and nadeo.

Why make two different versions where one has to be paid and only has about 200.000 followers and certain income as the other one has 7 million followers and no income but ads which can't be seen.

We as a community could have raised some nice things but its all to late.


Also it has never occured to people that united players are the ones that mostly host servers with coppers but they only use it for them selves.

Why didn't they give a away coppers for games to nation players.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

User avatar
Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1055
Joined: 05 Sep 2007 20:05
Owned TM-games: All
Location: Dubuque, Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Trackmaniack » 17 Dec 2010 14:54

1) TMUF has about 3 MILLION "followers" at last check
2) The income from TMUF ENTIRELY pays for the ability for Nadeo to publish and maintain TMNF.
3) The community HAS created MANY nice things. We've totally revamped the look of TM from the publishers ideas. If you go to ANY other online community on the internet for a big-name game today, you won't see this. Not anywhere. TM is unique. I dare you to find ANY game better.

Get off your high horse. If it wasn't for UF, there would be no NF.
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!
Image
_________________________________________________________________________

Image

User avatar
w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1466
Joined: 23 May 2007 07:20
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr
Location: Venray

Re: FREEZONE

Post by w1lla » 17 Dec 2010 14:57

I think its not true for UF players that makes it good for UF.

TMNF was made to give nations players an ability to play with UF players.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

User avatar
Merlin
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 85
Joined: 21 Jul 2007 23:00
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Merlin » 17 Dec 2010 14:58

jamie_macdonald wrote:...(another reason for holding off on the complaints, patience plays well here)...
It was quiet during the week!

But now: It´s Weekend.. Holidays are coming...

Grumblers creeping out of their cavern... :D
*listen to Soundtrack of "Jaws" while reading* :roflol:

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1612
Joined: 10 Jul 2008 19:48
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by jamie_macdonald » 17 Dec 2010 15:22

Hehe, i think i'll spent the weekend playing TM then ^^ (in a server moaners cannot go in). And the odd snowball fight if this weather continues xD

I'll spam check ofc tho :D

User avatar
Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1055
Joined: 05 Sep 2007 20:05
Owned TM-games: All
Location: Dubuque, Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Trackmaniack » 17 Dec 2010 15:51

w1lla wrote:I think its not true for UF players that makes it good for UF.

TMNF was made to give nations players an ability to play with UF players.
--And that was all there was to it. It wasn't designed as a game in and of itself...it was a standalone expansion back, basically. Nadeo was putting all their effort into revamping TMU for the TMUF. It just so happened that Stadium ALREADY had the highest rez graphics, was the newest, yada yada yada. And so it LOOKS on the surface to be a more fleshed out game than TMUF, but in reality, this is a side project of Nadeo's, while they focus on supporting TMU, and expanding into Maniaplanet.
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!
Image
_________________________________________________________________________

Image

User avatar
Merlin
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 85
Joined: 21 Jul 2007 23:00
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Merlin » 17 Dec 2010 16:38

jamie_macdonald wrote:Hehe, i think i'll spent the weekend playing TM then ^^ (in a server moaners cannot go in).
Let´s tmtp to a good TMUF-Server WITH XAseco *rofl*

"nasty Merlin" *SLAP* "nasty!"

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 236
Joined: 08 May 2008 09:25
Owned TM-games: All but original
Location: The Netherlands

Re: FREEZONE

Post by weerwolf1 » 17 Dec 2010 18:31

Just curious... I bought 3 times the game on trackmania.com
WHY is that not available anymore?
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

User avatar
Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Posts: 692
Joined: 16 Feb 2007 01:40
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr
Location: Between DisneyLand and Paris
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Knutselmaaster » 17 Dec 2010 20:06

xD
That certainly is awkward, i bought it twice there too.

User avatar
Merlin
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 85
Joined: 21 Jul 2007 23:00
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Merlin » 17 Dec 2010 20:59

Disappeared from www.trackmania.com? Very curios!

It is still available at http://shop.ubi.com

Jelmerholland
highway camper
highway camper
Posts: 4
Joined: 09 Nov 2010 13:07
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Jelmerholland » 17 Dec 2010 21:33

I don't like this descision at all. TMNF is the only free game in the world that's played like this, a lot of people play it for 20 minutes, while they're at work, school or have a short break. It's easy to play and it's a lot of fun.
With this change a lot of people will quit and won't even look at any ads. If you're in a 'clan' and only have TMNF, you won't be able to join those servers anymore. For example, COS-fullspeed allways had around 100 players, now they're only having about 30. That's a lot, 70 players aren't playing on COS anymore, that means they're also losing there people who looked at the site, who clicked on their ads. A lot of servers will quit because they haven't got the motivation and/or money to keep their servers online. I think that NADEO should look for an alternitive while they're digging their own grave right now. R.I.P. NADEO

User avatar
Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1845
Joined: 01 Dec 2007 17:04
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Ant » 17 Dec 2010 22:07

Merlin wrote:Disappeared from http://www.trackmania.com? Very curios!

It is still available at http://shop.ubi.com
What about the link that Lille suggested ?
http://focus.gamesplanet.com/game-track ... rever.html

User avatar
Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Posts: 1055
Joined: 05 Sep 2007 20:05
Owned TM-games: All
Location: Dubuque, Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Trackmaniack » 18 Dec 2010 01:49

Jelmerholland wrote:I don't like this descision at all. TMNF is the only free game in the world that's played like this, a lot of people play it for 20 minutes, while they're at work, school or have a short break. It's easy to play and it's a lot of fun.
With this change a lot of people will quit and won't even look at any ads. If you're in a 'clan' and only have TMNF, you won't be able to join those servers anymore. For example, COS-fullspeed allways had around 100 players, now they're only having about 30. That's a lot, 70 players aren't playing on COS anymore, that means they're also losing there people who looked at the site, who clicked on their ads. A lot of servers will quit because they haven't got the motivation and/or money to keep their servers online. I think that NADEO should look for an alternitive while they're digging their own grave right now. R.I.P. NADEO
You're a one-post nut who just joined to bitch. Goodbye to you. I'm sorry to all who think I'm being rude, but people like Zooz, W1lla, Knuts, and other longtime members have a right to complain, because their opinions are valuable. And even though I will disagree with them, sometimes quite loudly, I will always respect the other members of the forum, save for those like this person here, who most likely only joined to complain about this freezone server. Which, like I said above, isn't even the end-all to Nadeo. People who are willing to do just lift a fingernail to work a little to solve their own problems would find that it's really not that hard to still get at their favorite servers. People are just lazy. :| :lovenadeo: :lovehylis :tmforever:
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!
Image
_________________________________________________________________________

Image

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 236
Joined: 08 May 2008 09:25
Owned TM-games: All but original
Location: The Netherlands

Re: FREEZONE

Post by weerwolf1 » 18 Dec 2010 07:44

Trackmaniack wrote: You're a one-post nut who just joined to bitch. Goodbye to you. I'm sorry to all who think I'm being rude, but people like Zooz, W1lla, Knuts, and other longtime members have a right to complain, because their opinions are valuable. And even though I will disagree with them, sometimes quite loudly, I will always respect the other members of the forum, save for those like this person here, who most likely only joined to complain about this freezone server. Which, like I said above, isn't even the end-all to Nadeo. People who are willing to do just lift a fingernail to work a little to solve their own problems would find that it's really not that hard to still get at their favorite servers. People are just lazy. :| :lovenadeo: :lovehylis :tmforever:
[rant]
Trackmaniac, really dude. You've got a feather in your but or something? Replying to every single complain post is even more useless than the complainpost itself. Youve been doing that since you began posting in this topic.
[/rant]
More serious: If you looked correctly this player joined 9 nov 2010. If he joined on 17 dec, the day of his post i might have even respected your comment.

Edit: Youre seriously overrated backing up Nadeo's decision, your're on their payroll or something? :roflol:
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

User avatar
Merlin
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 85
Joined: 21 Jul 2007 23:00
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by Merlin » 18 Dec 2010 09:16

Ant wrote:
Merlin wrote:Disappeared from http://www.trackmania.com? Very curios!

It is still available at http://shop.ubi.com
What about the link that Lille suggested ?
http://focus.gamesplanet.com/game-track ... rever.html
It´s because via UBI he´ll pay only 20 € and over gamesplanet he´ll pay 30 € :D

Post Reply