FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

enax
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by enax » 10 Dec 2010 16:23

I'm just trying to say, that Nadeo made a decision which is going to destroy this game! Many good players have only TMNF, and now they simply can't play matches and tournaments!
And what is a sense by ATTACKING game which was created as free game? ''Ok, the rules have changed, now you you have to buy TMU or **** off''. Personally I don't want to buy TMu, I don't want those 7 enviroments and those other things, I want to play Stadium envi as same as before! Now, I have to PAY for it! Even if I don't want TMU! This is communism! ''Do it even if you don't agree with this, you have 2 choices: Pay and play normally as same as before or **** off.''. I think that in future Nadeo will do exactly the same thing which is in World of Warcraft: ''Pay each month to play, or **** off''.
As I said before: This is an attack to players of TMNF, this is movement to take out TMNF!
9.12.2010 - Day of TM death

Gekko
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Gekko » 10 Dec 2010 16:25

Hi park, ahuhua thx for the pop corn Pesky! :thumbsup:
The problem is not to put them to the end of the list or in top.
The problem is how they will manage the TM2 coming out.

This decision can be also a pre-closing TMF for the launch of TM2.
Now imagine TMF remain opened, and TM2 come out.... i think the engine of Tm2 is the same of TMF so.... which is the minds of Nadeo??? See TM2 empty???? Nooooo.

But it was better if they would announce the closing instead of putting all this FreeZone servers.
I think they want players go away to close definitively.
What you think about it?

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 10 Dec 2010 16:25

lille79 wrote:HM... I just understood the problem Nadeo is having. After playing the game for 5 years, I've not really been to the trackmania.com-website that often, but visiting I can't find a way to buy Trackmania United Forever. I've looked at play.com where I've bought 3 copies earlier, and the only thing they have now is TMU (not F). I know you can upgrade, but that's another point.
yeah I noted that earlier, they redirect people to their main website in non-freezone servers but it isn't even possible to find a way to buy it there!
w1lla wrote:will be posting a topic about the information provided by nadeo and by players for getting acces to servers.

If that is fine by moderators?
I say go for it, any improved communication will be a great help in this situation.

@Gekko: Please try to keep the assumptions based on wrong information to a minimum. For example, TM2 will not use the same engine as TM1, it has been developed further since TMF came out...

enax
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by enax » 10 Dec 2010 16:27

Gekko wrote:I think they want players go away to close definitively.
What you think about it?
As I said: Nadeo movement is going to destroy TMF, even if they want it or not.
9.12.2010 - Day of TM death

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Dec 2010 16:28

Gekko, it's to early to second guess and the team are busy today, let's see what comments are given over the weekend rather than specualte conspiracy theories on TM2,

we do however all have genuine concerns, so i am not saying they are not worthy of consideration, let's see what happens eh.

i really hope this can be repaired, it's not nice to see this happen to all of us (it's been many years eh guys? and much fun spending it with you all)

also agree on the sales/advertising, for revenue to come in this needs to be sorted asap! otherwise we have no hope.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 10 Dec 2010 16:29

Jamie "So called" moderator.

What i want to make clear is that you are biasing to much in this topic and letting flame topics stand in this forum.

This shouldn't be needed. It must provide a clear view of nadeo and give them solutions.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

park
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF

Post by park » 10 Dec 2010 16:31

You could be right, Gekko. But why not put them at the end before TM2 will start? I don't want to see them as a TMUF-player.

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Dec 2010 16:32

w1lla wrote:Jamie "So called" moderator.

What i want to make clear is that you are biasing to much in this topic and letting flame topics stand in this forum.

This shouldn't be needed. It must provide a clear view of nadeo and give them solutions.
If i have to drop my mod status to be able to state my opinion then go ahead! PM blah and petition to get it revoked if you like (i would like to be able to show my human side too).

i am talking from my personal stance here. i am also a player of this game for many years, and also pay for my accounts (14 of) and my game servers and my web hosting, thanks.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 10 Dec 2010 16:34

Its also a personal stance for me.

Host a backup site for a rankings site and code for this beloved community.

My problem is now that people that don't know about Freezone need to go through 30+ pages to find answers or solve there problem.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Dec 2010 16:36

w1lla wrote:Its also a personal stance for me.

Host a backup site for a rankings site and code for this beloved community.

My problem is now that people that don't know about Freezone need to go through 30+ pages to find answers or solve there problem.
This is why florent will update the 1st post as with all update i guess then? really why cannot i talk my opinion?

as with xaseco, server, rule updates, the 1st post is updated to reflect updates given, why this will not be the case here?

i have as much a right to a voice... if this removes my ability to remove spam and bann bot's then let me know (this is what i moderate) i dont see how me protecting this forum from spam stops me being able to talk freely?

[sarcasm]nadeo help, "taking one for the team here" lol[/sarcasm]

(joke, i know they are back tommorrow for comment) ^^

pobmaestro
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMWii

Post by pobmaestro » 10 Dec 2010 16:37

I would like to think optional donations from Nation accounts are the way forward. Back in 2007, Radiohead, a popular English rock band, offered fans the chance to decide how much to pay for thier new album. Many paid nothing but the average paid was said to be £4. Not saying people will pay that much on average for Nations - and of course there is the issue of many countries not having an easy way to pay, such as credit cards - but I can't see any harm or complaints in including a non-obtrusive donation button on the main menu.

30+ pages shows how this this obviously a big issue for the community. If you are worried about finding answers to problems why doesn't somebody take a time out and post a locked FAQ thread?

edit: I don't see why Jamie giving his honest opinion should stop him being a mod. So long as his posts are not setting a bad example (which I don't think they are) then surely that's all that matters in that respect?

BrainSmack
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by BrainSmack » 10 Dec 2010 16:40

conspiracy or not, what nadeo pulled off now is one hell of a nice way to promote TM2 eh? :roflol: fail and betrayal

i see no motivation to buy tm2

in fact i was just thinking of buying full United (6 month key expired) And now this happened.... nah i'll pass
A change in attitude can change your life.
Click here to play in my server

svens
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMS, TMO

Post by svens » 10 Dec 2010 16:49

Has anyone tried to use <hide_server>2 ?

jamie_macdonald
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Dec 2010 16:54

not yet for me, i will test such stuff at home (10 mins until i leave work) and let you know if all works for me once i have tried it on dr-ukr servers. i hope that is not some workaround for forcing a server into the list? :shock:

pobmaestro
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMWii

Post by pobmaestro » 10 Dec 2010 16:58

BrainSmack wrote:conspiracy or not, what nadeo pulled off now is one hell of a nice way to promote TM2 eh? :roflol: fail and betrayal

i see no motivation to buy tm2

in fact i was just thinking of buying full United (6 month key expired) And now this happened.... nah i'll pass
It hurts me to read this kind of comment, and I imagine it pains the Nadeo staff even more. Nations is a free game to play and in that respect you do not own the game and I believe players should not complain and criticise the developers so sincerely. How many games do you know have such a huge "demo" for the full game? Maybe Nadeo should shut down Nations completely if players just take it for granted, however I believe that would be unfair on the majority who hopefully give Nadeo the respect they deserve for setting time aside on what most will see as a 'freebie'. I do have sympathy for those who have invested a lot of time in Nations, whether it be on the ladder or in tournaments, but don’t forget so have Nadeo, who obviously aren’t seeing enough of a return for Nations to remain sustainable the way it was.

Fair enough, Nadeo should have given more notice, but whether you like it or not business can be like that, especially during or after a recession. I’m surprised this situation has developed considering Nadeo are not under the umbrella of Ubisoft, and I would have thought they would have taken a small royalty off each Trackmania Wii/DS copy sold. But at the end of the day Nadeo have a proven track record for being community orientated and I very much doubt that they would want to take a step backwards unless it was out of their hands.