FREEZONE

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

abgematzt
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Re: FREEZONE

Post by abgematzt » 09 Dec 2010 22:43

And a another topic: Relay.

Nobody set a Relay Server in the Fav to join them. Its not a good idea, the relay Servers to block. The Relay Servers are a good choice for free players to see Cups and more.

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 09 Dec 2010 22:44

A very good quistion came up on our site.
There are few that wont buy, because they know they need to creat another account. So... all the records driven on the servers worldwide goen useless.
They are considering to buy, if there excisting nations account get transferred to united, so this loss is not there!

I really support this !!! plz Nadeo take this idea to heart.
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 09 Dec 2010 22:46

if using a nations account you can convert that account to an united account and still keep the login.

They problem is that as ads aren't compulsive they need to get income from other things.

Hope nadeo gets out of there financial boat and get better if everyone buys and supports the real game.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

NPC Black
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by NPC Black » 09 Dec 2010 22:47

of course... searching new players for clan is becoming pointless...
its the beggingng of the end

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 09 Dec 2010 22:47

There is a lot of players in Brazil and we think of this in our decision. So far, the best thing we have is the favorite list of servers.

We can not make contract in all the countries in the world and some even never had United for sell (and with players without credit cards)
We would like to keep Nations playable free, but maybe with some confort constraints that would make the wide audience ready to pay.
Our goal is surely not to make pay the community. Our goal is to increase the people that play and can afford to pay, to pay. Would there be a simple criteria to determine who is a creative and constructive player from the community, and I would let them him right away withtout trouble. I can not transform myself into a decider of this! So, I would like the active players to use the favorite list of servers as a solution and to see how it goes from there.

weerwolf: in going into the profile menu in your game, your can upgrade your account and it keeps everything

pokwuk
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: (TMN(F),TMO,(TM(U)

Post by pokwuk » 09 Dec 2010 22:47

weerwolf1 wrote:A very good quistion came up on our site.
There are few that wont buy, because they know they need to create another account. So... all the records driven on the servers worldwide goen useless.
They are considering to buy, if there excisting nations account get transferred to united, so this loss is not there!

I really support this !!! plz Nadeo take this idea to heart.
You can just update the account , from TMNF to TMUF ,you can keep same login, that is not the main issue!

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 09 Dec 2010 22:47

w1lla wrote:if using a nations account you can convert that account to an united account and still keep the login.
Yes, but this is not very clearly communicated, as are some other things... For example, people may just want to buy full TMNF, so why do they have to buy TMUF? It is confusing.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 09 Dec 2010 22:48

Why not make a tutorial on how to convert your account and keep the login aswell as adding non freezone servers.

In fact most of the questions asked on this forum overall are about accounts and conversion.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 09 Dec 2010 22:48

TY w1lla & TY florent
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

Seismic
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Seismic » 09 Dec 2010 22:51

Seismic wrote:cmon Florent(we all love you cuz you and the other nadeo team members have made this whole game possible)

but this is as if: someone deleted half my friends on my facebook/skype/msn (or whatever ) account

PLEASE NADEO:Give known servers some slack

dont just close all ports

i am sorry but that would not be Forever
*spamming myself here*

If permanent this will make the TM community much smaller :(

bippbipp
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by bippbipp » 09 Dec 2010 22:52

This is a load of crap. This will ruin the popularity of the game by far.
Freezone is **** and don't encourage people to upgrade for 30+ $. I'm pretty sure it will have the opposite effect, and the start of a huge downfall of players on TM.

Better idea to get more players to upgrade to united is lowering download costs and cd cost from official TM sites. And remove the freezone servers. Whoever came up with the idea should of been shot. Economical reasons or not, this is the dumbest marketting trick i've ever seen. And I can safely say that you guys are aiming for the opposite effect, than what you were hoping for.

Personally i love the game, and i'm a poor ass TMNF player. And the fact that i can only enter servers i got on my favourite list besides "freezones" takes a whole lot of the charm TM offered at first away.

Cut the crap, lower the prices and you will have a lot more paying customers. Find new ideas to why people should have TMU instead of TMF, more perchs than there already it is f.exemple.

Amaterasu
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Amaterasu » 09 Dec 2010 22:53

It should be more exciting with aseco on freezone server
but this is the worst idea that nadeo ever had...
yeah sure 10€ is not much but still a big fail for trackmania
This decission destroys the wonderfull game and I am really sure that in a few months 90% of the player dont play anymore...
and then the other 10% are bored and leave it too

STUPID IDEA...
TYVM nadeo.

sebik1992
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TM United Forever
Manialink(s): sebik

Post by sebik1992 » 09 Dec 2010 22:53

bippbipp wrote:This is a load of crap. This will ruin the popularity of the game by far.
Freezone is **** and don't encourage people to upgrade for 30+ $. I'm pretty sure it will have the opposite effect, and the start of a huge downfall of players on TM.

Better idea to get more players to upgrade to united is lowering download costs and cd cost from official TM sites. And remove the freezone servers. Whoever came up with the idea should of been shot. Economical reasons or not, this is the dumbest marketting trick i've ever seen. And I can safely say that you guys are aiming for the opposite effect, than what you were hoping for.
I sign under it with both hands.

NPC Black
cyclist
cyclist

Post by NPC Black » 09 Dec 2010 22:56

but the funnys thing over all is in my eyes: that **** coming 2 weeksbe for xmas :D:D so Nadeo want to make a really big businow now!

abgematzt
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Post by abgematzt » 09 Dec 2010 22:57

hey... youre late! That impression was my first :D