cheaters

General Discussion about Trackmania Nations ESWC.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

Re: cheaters

Post by TStarGermany » 02 Oct 2008 14:48

i see you get it: ban whoever you don't like, for what reason ever :thumbsup:

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 02 Oct 2008 17:29

That is a bit harsh. Its best to evaluate the bans people suggest. If they are known in the community as cheaters they should be banned. But the system has to be 2 ways.

1. The people that suggest cheaters need to give suggestions (e.g. logfiles .sql databases or what soever.) To add to the list.

2. The suggested cheater should post evidence. If he/she cant do this he/she will be banned.

I think the system that is being developed suits this the best.

It can be evaluated by the team or by nadeo. If anyone is against this please give other suggestions how to make the system better.

Punkbuster has been good but its better to make a cheat proof system then a punkbuster.

Well hope the system runs soon as im still waiting for a reply.(knustelmaaster :wink: )

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 02 Oct 2008 19:57

You can cheat in TM but you can't cheat undetected. The referee function will catch these checkpoint cheat things. The problem is that no one is using the referee and there aren't really any plugins that make good use of it.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU

Post by Knutselmaaster » 03 Oct 2008 08:07

w1lla wrote:
Well hope the system runs soon as im still waiting for a reply.(knustelmaaster :wink: )
I'm waiting for my isp to open the server, hopefully it will be before this weekend so i can upload the site.
Don't want to go public on my private server due to bandwith i need for my servers (don't want to give lag to honest players because of cheaters :lol: )
Zooz wrote:You can cheat in TM but you can't cheat undetected. The referee function will catch these checkpoint cheat things. The problem is that no one is using the referee and there aren't really any plugins that make good use of it.
A part of that comes from the lack of documentation/information on the referee subject i think.
I don't pretend to know a lot about TrackMania but i'm playing for about two years now and run a team and servers since about one year, and the whole referee thing has passed my attention until the cheatersincident in my team recently.

Warrior
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmnf, tmu

Post by Warrior » 03 Oct 2008 13:21

hay guys/girls
sorry but its not all up to the game makes its also up to us
if we want to stop hacking and cheating we need make a stand
PM the game makers and also go to evenblance.com and get an account and start sending then requests on streaming trackmaina .
Join the thousands of gaming clans that are aguenst the useing hacks and cheats make a stand you must help its not all up to the game makers but its up to us a gamers
where do you stand .?

Internet gaming is plagued by an enormous population of irresponsible and value-less individuals who do not see the harm in introducing cheats, hacks, and spam into the community's consciousness
If we let them get away with this we will be destroying the game and the gaming community's

so go to http://www.evenbalance.com/
or http://www.pbbans.com
and ask and request to be part of the anti cheat movment
Together we stand and live
Divided we fall and great games like trackmaina die to thes cheaters and low lifes

Join us
I will post a link soon to the /GS/Clans blacklist forums where you can post names of players cought cheating if you are instrested

s0xen
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by s0xen » 03 Oct 2008 13:36

I think the whole punkbuster idea has no sense in the future.

Nadeo is making a new update for Trackmania you have to update it,
else you can't play Trackmania.
Think that is the best what we can do for now.
A plugin will help now too but in the "future" it isn't anymore needed.
Last edited by s0xen on 03 Oct 2008 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU

Post by Knutselmaaster » 03 Oct 2008 14:31

I've heard of an anonymous player:
-Santa really exists
-At the end of the rainbow you'll find a pot of gold*
-2pac isn't dead
-and much more...

*maybe it was risky morgage obligations, not sure

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF

Post by w1lla » 03 Oct 2008 14:57

Well its obvious there are some ideas here.
Real-time scanning of memory by PB Client on players' computers searching for known hacks/cheats
Throttled two-tiered background auto-update system using multiple Internet Master Servers to provide end-user security ensuring that no false or corrupted updates can be installed on players' computers
Frequent status reports (highly encrypted) are sent to the PB Server by all players and the PB Server raises a violation when necessary which causes the offending player to be removed from the game and all other players are informed of the violation
PB Admins can also manually remove players from the game for a specified number of minutes or permanently ban if desired
PB Servers can optionally be configured to randomly check player settings looking for known exploits of the game engine
PB Admins can request actual screenshot samples from specific players and/or can configure the PB Server to randomly grab screenshot samples from players during gameplay
An optional "bad name" facility is provided so that PB Admins can prevent players from using offensive player names containing unwanted profanity or racial slurs
Search functions are provided for PB Admins who wish to search player's keybindings and scripts for anything that may be known to exploit the game
The PunkBuster™ Player Power facility can be configured to allow players to self-administer game servers when the Server Administrator is not present entirely without the need for passwords
PB Servers have an optional built-in mini http web server interface that allows the game server to be remotely administered via a web browser from anywhere over the Internet
Are the things punkbuster use and check.

Im against it due to the fact that the system settings may be ruined by the real time scan.

Why?

I will refer to the system requirements of tmuf.
CPU: Pentium IV 1.6GHz / AthlonXP 1600+
RAM: 256 MB (512 MB with Vista)
Video card memory: 3D accelerator 16 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible
Disk space required : 1.5 GB
DirectX®: 9.0c or more
Best option is still as i say the one that will be out soon. Where players can add cheaters with proof and where cheaters can add proof that they dont cheat as they say or that a "good" friend made them do it. That is what i call abuse ingame and not referable as: He cheated so i cheat to.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

s0xen
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by s0xen » 03 Oct 2008 15:57

Knutselmaaster wrote:I've heard of an anonymous player:
-Santa really exists
-At the end of the rainbow you'll find a pot of gold*
-2pac isn't dead
-and much more...

*maybe it was risky morgage obligations, not sure
You posted in the wrong topic?
You have to post in "Children's Palace".

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 03 Oct 2008 18:33

TM is already cheat-proof so Punkbuster wouldn't help. The only problem is that hosters don't use it, and you could do that with Punkbuster too last time I checked.

Warrior
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Warrior » 04 Oct 2008 11:56

trackmaina is not cheat proff
and this is the same **** you all said
months ago

it apears that you think you can stop this so enjoy and have fun trying
a plugin will not work all a chearter needs to do is get it and rip it a part

as long as you denie there are chearters thay will exist
most chearts clame you cant cheat in this game so
now you have what i say is
there way of saying trackmaina is cheat proff bull
no game is cheat proff and untill you see it that will get the high ranks and ppl will stop playing

Trackmaina will die like so meany other online games as long as you stay blind

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 04 Oct 2008 12:33

Warrior wrote:Trackmaina will die like so meany other online games as long as you stay blind
Don't be dramatic. TM's death has been proclaimed many times, and many thousands of active players proved those predictions wrong every time. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Steve_59
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Steve_59 » 04 Oct 2008 12:39

Xymph wrote:
Warrior wrote:Trackmaina will die like so meany other online games as long as you stay blind
Don't be dramatic. TM's death has been proclaimed many times, and many thousands of active players proved those predictions wrong every time. :wink:
Very true, the last time we heard this was the Forever launch and I could have sworn I saw a player on a server today with the rank of 1,600,000 :)
Wham! BAM! Thank you ma'am!

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 04 Oct 2008 14:17

Well, the head of Nadeo said it's cheat proof with the referee (on the french forum) and I suppose he would know.

Warrior
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Warrior » 05 Oct 2008 14:41

well i heard the same thing about meany other online games that are past now

you guys/girls think what you want thats your right
as is mine

But the truth still remains that if you do nothing
you get nothing
and nothing changes if nothing changes

oh and something is better then nothing
you say live streaming is not a good idea couse of system resorces well i say server streaming is a proven affective way to (not stop cheating) but slow it down look at my banner my pbbans team has cought all most 200 chearter in the past
year you may also think thats nothing but combine all the chearters cought by all the streaming admin teams and you now have placed a big dent in the cheating coummity.