I got a question

General Discussion about Trackmania Sunrise + Extreme.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Zeroa
pedestrian
pedestrian

I got a question

Post by Zeroa » 04 Dec 2006 21:47

Ok, I was at my schools bookfair lol. I bought the cd Trackmania Sunrise. I dont know how to play it or anything. When i win races do i get like money and i can buy new stuff? or wat? plz answer.
~Zero~

Life is a race. So why not try to win it?

Zeroa
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Zeroa » 04 Dec 2006 21:50

Any1?
~Zero~

Life is a race. So why not try to win it?

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 04 Dec 2006 23:26

You can build track with more cooper (bigger)

Read manual for more details...

JonDoe999
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMS

Re: I got a question

Post by JonDoe999 » 26 Feb 2010 14:04

Hey, I got mine there, too!!! :roflol:

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Re: I got a question

Post by Gording » 06 Mar 2010 15:10

Zeroa wrote:Ok, I was at my schools bookfair lol. I bought the cd Trackmania Sunrise.
This is 6 years old, and you would need to update it a couple of times to get it up to the level that Sunrise finally reached.

Download the 400meg TMS : Extreme patch here -

http://www.gamershell.com/search/?q=tra ... se+extreme

Once you've got that, you still need the version 1.51 patch, which is about 21ish meg from the same link.

That will bring Sunrise up to the most recent version of a 6 year old game, and allow you to play it online....possibly. If you were wishing to play an online racing game, actually online, I wouldn't recommend anyone waste money buying an outdated game, that only a few battle hardened racers still play. Anyone still playing TM Sunrise Extreme online will have 6 years of experience and will be so fast they'll be a blur of speed. :shock:

TM Nations (Forever) is a free one environment game download and is years newer than TM Sunrise.

TM United (Forever) actually replaced all previous version of TM-Original, TM-Sunrise, and TM-Nations, and is basically all 3 games in one box....and is usually very cheap if you search online game sellers (avoid eBay as the games there are often used and registered to their previous owners) in your own country.
Zeroa wrote:I dont know how to play it or anything. When i win races do i get like money and i can buy new stuff? or wat? plz answer.
You play it online, after all there are 6+ million registered players doing the same thing in all of the other games with the (free and cheap) Nations players making the bulk of that number.

In solo mode Trackmania is a very weak game, as it has nothing except a bunch of ghost cars to race against. You must therefore gradually complete each race to win Gold/Silver/Bronze (green medal is highest as this is a time faster than the Nadeo time). Each medal is worth a copper count, and as you complete tracks you unlock higher and more difficult races and modes.

Coppers are needed to build tracks...after all the game is called TRACK(mania). Each track section you place (use the EDITOR in the game) needs a copper count. As you gain more coppers completing tracks and winning medals your copper count goes up, and you unlock more and more track pieces. Once you have a few thousand you might unlock all of the track parts, and you can use any and all of them in your own track creations.

However....needing coppers to build tracks does not spend them. So if you had 8,000 copppers, you can build hundreds or thousands of tracks and still have 8,000 coppers.

You can also find many hundreds of thousands of other tracks here : http://sunrise.tm-exchange.com/

You can also find, download, and use some of the old Sunrise cars here : http://trackmania.southmoon.net/cars/

Do NOT download cars from Trackmania CarPark as these use features for the newest Trackmania and Nations FOREVER games, and they will crash / close Sunrise if you try to use them.

Good luck.