MAYA TRACK IMPORTING

General Discussion about Trackmania Sunrise + Extreme.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

helgenius
highway camper
highway camper

MAYA TRACK IMPORTING

Post by helgenius » 30 Jul 2006 15:35

Hi... :roll::roll::roll:

Ripped out Geometry+Textures from TMS2Maya...!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>> click here for HIGHER RESOLUTION

(¯`·. speeedaddicts.com .·´¯`·-· - Trackmania Deutschland

Greet!ngz 2 all Members from the coolest Racing Game Community

Xp
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by Xp » 30 Jul 2006 16:29

Very intresting...
Back with a barrel roll :island2

Akbalder
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO
Manialink(s): akbalder, MLE

Post by Akbalder » 30 Jul 2006 20:58

What is it for ?

Acegikmo
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Acegikmo » 30 Jul 2006 23:02

How could you do that?
And also, is it possible to change and then export it to the game?
Well, I don't even know if it's legal. I don't think it is.
I'll ask nadeo to look into it.
Moderator of tm forum.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 31 Jul 2006 11:21

Acegikmo wrote:How could you do that?
And also, is it possible to change and then export it to the game?
Well of course not, Trackmania stores tracks in the form of "block y is in location x" not as one huge 3D model.
Acegikmo wrote: Well, I don't even know if it's legal. I don't think it is.
I'll ask nadeo to look into it.
It's only legal if the person who ripped it doesn't distribute it to anyone probably, since it's a part of TMS, and the ripping person paid for that (hopefully). Sending it to someone is definately illegal, it's all copyright of Nadeo I think, can't just rip all of Ogro's hard work out of the game and distribute it :P

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 31 Jul 2006 18:20

it's probably a program that rips whatever direct x is rendering at the moment.

CAR-AZY
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by CAR-AZY » 01 Aug 2006 02:29

AW, wicked gen!us :shock: :shock:

me got's some ideas ^^ (not goin against any copyright tho ;) )
'lo bob

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Post by Retodon8 » 10 Aug 2006 11:55

Racemaniac wrote:it's probably a program that rips whatever direct x is rendering at the moment.
Looks like it, since there's also a water sheet and I think something representing the sunlight.
This could be used to extract individual blocks that could then be loaded into a Unreal Tournament 2004 map for instance, so you could make a machinima movie with pedestrians.
If turned into a video file, it should be legal even if distributed, as long as you don't offer the actual content (3D models, textures, sounds, etc.).

In theory that is legal however, if the person that downloads the content already owns the game.
Then again TrackMania doesn't even let you create a backup copy of the original CD.
Well, I'm sure that part is possible, but from what I understand from StarForce the copy will be useless, even with the official key.
Also it's becoming somewhat popular (especially in Japan I think, less so in the USA, even less so in Europe) to release video game soundtracks.
In my opinion if I own a game, I already bought the soundtrack (and more), so I shouldn't have to pay for an audio CD.
However, I do, so... not sure if distributing to other TM owners is legal.
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

GTD-Carthage
cyclist
cyclist

Post by GTD-Carthage » 17 Sep 2006 01:02

Well, I'd like TrackMania United to allow users to create custom track blocks, not custom trackset textures. :P

Racemaniac
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): racemaniac

Post by Racemaniac » 17 Sep 2006 06:37

GTD-Carthage wrote:Well, I'd like TrackMania United to allow users to create custom track blocks, not custom trackset textures. :P
i guarantee you, you don't... it sounds nice, but it can only end in disaster....

CAR-AZY
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by CAR-AZY » 17 Sep 2006 15:42

Racemaniac wrote:
GTD-Carthage wrote:Well, I'd like TrackMania United to allow users to create custom track blocks, not custom trackset textures. :P
i guarantee you, you don't... it sounds nice, but it can only end in disaster....

yes it would end badly.

everyone would be making crap models that no-one else would hav :(

maybe if ppl made good ones + send it to Ogro or someone else in Nadeo to screen + aprove the blocks they think are up to standard

+ then the aproved blocks would get a little ID code like the other blocks so it would fit into the .gbx system Nadeo already have fairly easily, so all you'd have to do would be DL the blocks from a Nadeo website or something
'lo bob

Acegikmo
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Acegikmo » 17 Sep 2006 15:46

CAR-AZY wrote:maybe if ppl made good ones + send it to Ogro or someone else in Nadeo to screen + aprove the blocks they think are up to standard

+ then the aproved blocks would get a little ID code like the other blocks so it would fit into the .gbx system Nadeo already have fairly easily, so all you'd have to do would be DL the blocks from a Nadeo website or something
That'd make Nadeo very busy.
It's not a good idea as Racemaniac said.
Moderator of tm forum.

CAR-AZY
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by CAR-AZY » 17 Sep 2006 15:58

Acegikmo wrote:
CAR-AZY wrote:maybe if ppl made good ones + send it to Ogro or someone else in Nadeo to screen + aprove the blocks they think are up to standard

That'd make Nadeo very busy.
It's not a good idea as Racemaniac said.

yeah, you're right

but it would've been a lot better in the quality of the blocks
'lo bob

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Drake1009 » 17 Sep 2006 18:25

I'd think it'd be a mess with custom blocks.
Right now I'm sure it's merely a matter of a byte or maybe two to define which block and orientation.
If you had custom blocks you'd need full names or IDs since there could be way more different ones than would fit in a byte. Of course you could start off a track file with defining a "palette" of which blocks were used. Would also save a bit on memory to only load the blocks in use.

But you'd be sure of a few things. Someone would make sure to make a track with a lot of blocks, which would suck.
Blocks are likely to get altered, suddently players would play on slightly different tracks because a block has been edited.
You'd have to find block downloads for all the tracks you download, 10kb wouldn't cut it anymore, and you wouldn't want to host so all custom blocks were bundled with all tracks, since they'd be a lot of the same.
There'd be multiple official versions. One problem I have with linux is that many of the libraries have many different versions and some software require a specific version to compile, or maybe it just acts strange when you have a newer version. Think of the carnage you could have in TM with that mess?

I know the community of Crashday isn't big, but already as it is, levels to play on take a loong time to download and load, probably part due to bad coding and structuring, but large part probably also due to the fact that you're free to add custom blocks to your heart's content. And those blocks don't interact with each other, look at a track piece in TM, they can interact depending on what's beside them (mostly normal road blocks), very likely new blocks would take up more space than CD blocks.

And finally, there's previously been trouble with cars jumping or "bumping into" blocks because they were ever so slightly out of alignment, these were official blocks that took a deal of time to develop, but which might've missed a bit (I really found it a bother in the Goal! (I think) platform track in the end stretch, for some reason if you drove low to the water in the final stretch, your car would hit a small snag before you reached the end sending you off the track. With custom blocks this would definately become very common I'm sure. It would be a nightmare to play.

kristjan
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by kristjan » 17 Sep 2006 18:39

I would love custom blocks. Maybe it came a page like carpark, or TMX! that would be nice! :O
kristjan aka MiniGod