TM Sunrise working on Windows 7 x64!!

General Discussion about Trackmania Sunrise + Extreme.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

brentnall27
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMNF

Re: TM Sunrise working on Windows 7 x64!!

Post by brentnall27 » 08 May 2010 14:15

scooby49788 wrote:But some users can't get it to work with the the steps shown in this topic. Now i noticed that those persons have an I7 processor.
OMG this !!!

Had a go at getting TMS to work this morning, but I must have the same problem. Thanks for narrowing it down to being an i7 thing scooby.
Does anybody have some ideas that could be tried? Regardless how unlikely it is they will work. :D
Sooooooo close to getting it to run :(

EDIT:
---------
Tried messing the the processor affinity settings and data execution prevention but neither seems to have any effect.
What exactly are you guys at the lan party getting from the game? I get just get a white/blank app which uses a full processor core and doesn't do anything, no matter how long it is left to run. =(

Just a thought... are there any guys with i5 cpu's at the lan party? If so, is it working fine for them?

scooby49788
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmu, tmo, tms, tmn

Post by scooby49788 » 08 May 2010 18:50

Hi thanks for the response, we dont have any guys with a i5 processor cause they are all speed junkies;-) but as you were saying we have the same problem White windowed screen app that uses a full processor core and then it hangs with a no response message. only thing to do is to kill the process in the taskmenu. If you have a solution within a day we would be very greatful but we are also working on a solution so if we can find something i will post it here.

*Extra intel* It seems that the problem only occurs on i7 960, 965, 975 processors on the i7 920 we got it working but with an older videocard. Is it possible that the videocards can cause the problem in SLI mode?

LinzMeister
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS

Post by LinzMeister » 15 May 2010 04:09

Thanks Foxn, I too just registered to send a thanks!

I have failed installing TM on Win7 until now... Time to hit the loops!

SamuraiRacer
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN

Post by SamuraiRacer » 17 Sep 2010 22:45

Hello all :P
I was ecstatic to find a port for Win7. but i followed yoour steps completely and StarForce keeps asking me for reboot and when i say no, it closes the application all together. and even if a do reboot it asks me again! :ftw: . I created this account just so i could get help! Please help me out! Thanks!

-SR
:lovetm

EDIT: If it helps, I use 64x Windows 7 and a Intel HD Graphics Accelerator, and a Core i3 processor

Foxn
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TM Sunrise

Post by Foxn » 28 Sep 2010 19:18

You have restart from the beginning.
Uninstall the game. reboot.
run starforce removal tool and reboot.

Restart from step one.
I'm not experienced with Core i cpu's
anyone tried it yet on a core i3-5 or 7?

edit: jep some posts above :)

SamuraiRacer
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by SamuraiRacer » 03 Oct 2010 20:35

ok lets se if it works, thanks foxn

SamuraiRacer
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by SamuraiRacer » 09 Oct 2010 00:56

It still will not work!
I think the problem may be one or all of the following:
1. I saved the TMS_f0xn file anywhere. is this ok?
2. Starforce removal tool did not exist, and it said that i already had Starforce on my PC so i ignored this
What happens is, it still asks me to reboot even though i did, no matter how many times a reboot. and when i click no, it gives me the menu. After that, i press play and it does not launch! i am starting to wonder if it is worth all this trouble. I considered getting my Windows XP Install disc and Multibooting my system, but i do not think it is worth it and i do not want to fiddle with my brand new pc that way. Any suggestions?

scooby49788
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: tmu, tmo, tms, tmn

Post by scooby49788 » 15 Oct 2010 18:53

as i have posted before we had the most problems with the i7 Processors and still to this date we havent been able to get it working on those kind of processors. It is a shame that Nadeo itself doesn't want to make a patch so that it will be working. I think it is a nice puzzle for these guys to get it working. Until then i've deceided that the trackmania compo on our lan is restricted to Nations. Such a shame.

SamuraiRacer
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by SamuraiRacer » 19 Oct 2010 20:43

yeah it is. i emailed Nadeo the other day and they said to redirect the question to the TMUF suppport adress (at least it's what i think they said, their english translator is not exactly clear :P). I do not think it is a problem with my processor, as it is an i3. I can't blame them if they cannot get to patching it, because they are working on 3 games, 1 peice of software, and a new parent company to deal with. The email for TMUF support is:
"support@tm-united.com". if someone can email them on the topic that would be great, because for some reason my email is acting funny.

TJJ
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMNU

Post by TJJ » 24 Oct 2010 02:25

Thought i'd best register to expand upon the i7 problem.

It appears the problem isn't restricted to Intels - my AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (2.8GHz) suffers from the white screen too. (@ step 14/15 of the instructions)
When it happens 1 core is spinning @ 100% busy but Windows detects the application as unresponsive.

I've tried launching the program with affinity set to just a single core ("start /affinity 1 ...."), but it made no difference.

Could it be caused by the 'turboboost' feature of these particular processors?

didi311
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS

Post by didi311 » 18 Dec 2010 05:32

Hi,

I've just registered to get help. It isn't working at my place! Always when I launch the "TmSunrise.exe" (Step 14), there's only a white window, which isn't responding. The only way to close it, is by doing this via the task manager. I've already read that other users have experienced the saame problem.

Please help :'( !

didi311

PS: If this can help: my processor is i5(750), graphics is GT330. Please contact me, if you need more information. But please do it quickly, because my brother is coming in 1 week and I want to have it as a surprise =)

19Fire95
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Trackmania Sunrise

Post by 19Fire95 » 29 Jan 2011 23:58

Hello guys,
i bought Trackmania today, and tried to run it as described in your tutorial. But at this step:
4. install the extreme package "trackmania_sunrise_extreme_update.exe"
DO NOT LAUNCH THE PROGRAM
The program says "You don't need a update.". How can i fix this? I need help, please!

Greetings, 19Fire95

smwforever45
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF, TMT, TM2
Manialink(s): smw

Post by smwforever45 » 30 Jan 2011 12:52

I'd say you already have the Extreme package installed. Go on with step 5. If the same message appears there too, go on with step 6.

Why did you buy Sunrise, anyway? There's a more recent version of TrackMania out already, it's called United and has four more environments than Sunrise. And it costs only 10 euros (at least in Europe, dunno about America, Asia etc.).
~ smwforever45 :)

My YouTube Channel =)

19Fire95
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: Trackmania Sunrise

Post by 19Fire95 » 30 Jan 2011 13:06

Still dont work!

At this step:
"14.Launch the game by right-clicking the "TMSunrise.exe" file in your installation folder and run as administrator.
It will ask you to install additional libraries. Click yes. A message will appear to enter your key again in the launcher.
Click ok."

I will not asked for additional libraries, theres just the copysave message, that i have to install!

Help pls i want to play.

SamuraiRacer
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by SamuraiRacer » 09 Mar 2011 00:05

OK i think i found the problem :D

"13.Extract the files and replace the original ones in you installation folder with these."

by this do you mean replace the files of the same name in "Program Files (x86)>TrackMania Sunrise" with the ones in SunriseX-f0xn.zip? :ftw:

Cheers,
-SR

EDIT: Apperently so! It works! Thanks a lot f0xn, you made my day! :D :D :D