Locators question (Solved)

Find here all the Mods of the Community. For more mods you can go on TM Mods: http://www.tmmod.info/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

hogleg2
sunday driver
sunday driver

Locators question (Solved)

Post by hogleg2 » 01 Jul 2008 17:01

I don't know why this confuses me so much :oops:

Okay, I've converted my mp3 to ogg. Then converted the ogg through TMNF to a Mux file.
Uploaded that to the inet/storage space. Created a locator file with the path of the mux file in it via notepad.

Question: Do I open the game editor and select custom music and point it to the mymusic.mux.loc file?

Question 2: Do I upload the mymusic.mux.loc to my inet space or just the mymusic.mux file?
Should both files be in mydocs\trackmania\trackmusic or whatwever it is.

Thx for your patience becasue I know this has been posted somewhere. Just the wording throws me off.
:1
ImageImage

bloosniper
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Re: Locators question (Solved)

Post by bloosniper » 30 Jul 2008 07:53

I know the answer:) it's quite easy, also I have a video tutorial on the internet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8yH6HIgK40
but here's life answer on your questions:))):

q1: Do I open the game editor and select custom music and point it to the mymusic.mux.loc file?

answer: Yes:), if you have saved the .loc file in the challengmusicsmap, you can delete the origional.mux file.
Then, open the mapeditor, click on mediatracker, and there on select your own music:)
If you play, it's downloading and you can hear the music after a while respawns:)

q2: Do I upload the mymusic.mux.loc to my inet space or just the mymusic.mux file?
Should both files be in mydocs\trackmania\trackmusic or whatwever it is.

answer; NOO!!!! you don't need to upload the locator file, loc. is just an url to your music file.
and (q3:Should both files be in mydocs\trackmania\trackmusic or whatwever it is.) doc/trackmania/challengemusics) yes, both files need to be in that directory, after you have a .loc file, you can delete the origional .mux file:))