skins on mods

Find here all the Mods of the Community. For more mods you can go on TM Mods: http://www.tmmod.info/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

XR'RazoR
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMPU, TMO, TMS, TMU

skins on mods

Post by XR'RazoR » 21 Jan 2008 21:12

I am working on a new mod at the moment but I have the following problem:

I have built a track on my baymod. We know that there are skins for the buildings (Amber Salt, Emerald, Lamedan, Swedon) and container ships (Ouqsikov, Penaghen) which you can select by clicking on the paint-pot (bottom right). With the default textures, in other words without selecting a mod, this works without any problems. But when I try it with a mod, these skins are no longer available. They do appear when you click on the paint-pot but nothing happens when you select them.

I have already tried to include my own skins. The standard skins, for example those for the container ships, are in the installation directory (e.g. C) under TrackMania United / GameData / skins / Bay / Cargo /.
The self-made skins can be put into “my documents” under TrackMania United / skins / Bay / Cargo /. This works well so far, but unfortunately not with a mod
I also tried to include the skin into the mod.zip. Also under my documents / TrackMania United / skins / Bay / mod / "name_of_the_mod".zip / Cargo /. Result: Skin was not recognized... :?

Where do I have to put these files? Hopefully I’ll get an answer around here. Thank you in advance. :cry:

DaCheese
sunday driver
sunday driver

Re: skins on mods

Post by DaCheese » 05 Apr 2008 00:01

I've noticed this too as the server I race on has been dabbling with mods and all the inflatables in Stadium are red. I made my own simple mod and tried it and you can't reskin them.

With a mod however I think you can at least change what adverts show, and custom adverts can be brought in from image hosting websites such as photobucket. It's possible to host a custom skin for any reskinnable items on there in jpeg form and it certainly works for the blimp in Stadium. Try saving the various skins for the bay buildings and ships on an image hosting site and copying the direct link. Then use that to select your skin for those items. It's not an ideal solution and it might not work, but it's got to be worth a try...

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Re: skins on mods

Post by Retodon8 » 05 Apr 2008 00:49

Hmmm, that's a shame those don't work with mods anymore.
Maybe/hopefully Nadeo fixed this for Forever!
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage