Downloaded cars not showing up

Find here all the Vehicles of the Community. For more vehicles you can go on Trackmania Carpark: http://www.trackmania-carpark.com

Moderator: TM-Patrol

TeamShadica-F1Krazy
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMUF

Downloaded cars not showing up

Post by TeamShadica-F1Krazy » 30 Jan 2010 10:16

Recently, I got a new computer. New hard drive, everything. I just re-installed TMUF on my computer, and I've been downloading new car models to put on it. But no matter where I put them, whenever I open the game, the cars don't show up. What am I doing wrong?

™†Thodorakos†™
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Re: Downloaded cars not showing up

Post by ™†Thodorakos†™ » 08 Mar 2010 12:14

I have the same problem.I Installed TMUF but cars are not visible to others...Am i doing something wrong??And something else..I don't know how can i Create my own cars with rims Symbols and things like that...Please help me with this :/

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Re: Downloaded cars not showing up

Post by Gording » 08 Mar 2010 15:40

TeamShadica-F1Krazy wrote:But no matter where I put them, whenever I open the game, the cars don't show up. What am I doing wrong?
Putting them in all the wrong folders isn't going to work, try putting em in the right one instead! :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18594#p135542

Be not afeared to use the forum SEARCH all ye who follow. When at the door to knowledge, you must first open the door....doh! :roll:
™†Thodorakos†™ wrote:I have the same problem.I Installed TMUF but cars are not visible to others...Am i doing something wrong??And something else..I don't know how can i Create my own cars with rims Symbols and things like that...Please help me with this :/
Which is not the same problem at all! :thumbsup:

Problem #1 : "when I open the game, the cars don't show up" ergo the cars ZIPs are being placed in the wrong place, if they can't see them on their own PC.

Your thread hijacked problem : "cars are not visible to others"

See...not the same thing even remotely. :mrgreen:

You are not doing anything wrong at all, it's what you have not done that is your problem.

Players with TMU full versions will always be displayed as grey to other players (TM Nations players are shown as their default Stadium country cars, because they don't pay for the right to have the custom content sent to others!) , until they open their Firewall and router ports. With these ports closed (2350 and 3450) no custom content, such as avatars, funny horns, different 3D vehicles and colourfully painted 2D skins (or loc-ators) can get out through the two ports. So we all see a grey default environment car for you.

Look under your router for the manufacturer's label and model number, type those into an interweb search, and read instruction on how you open ports (often also named : IP forwarding, port setting, port forwarding, virtual server) for your own hardware (idea : read the instructions and software help your hardware came with!).

Here's one of the more popular options people often suggest (in case you have a phobia with searching the interweb) : http://portforward.com/

As far as firewall port setting (all games should be allowed progress through a firewall if you wish them to work fully and correctly for online play), another search on the software firewall and security you use, with those hints I just provided, will return hundreds of thousands of sites to explain how firewall ports can be set.

Basically your PC is using an IP (like a house's door number), standing behind a firewall (like a locked security gate), on a router socket (like a street name), and using two ports (like your town or city). If you don't set your door number, your gate lock, your street name, and your city, none of your custom data is allowed out into the world. Simple.