Some skins using default stuff..

Find here all the Skins of the Community. For more Skins you can go on Carpark : http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

onejive
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): NA

Some skins using default stuff..

Post by onejive » 06 Jul 2008 15:58

Well I've made some skins using the default stickers and stuff... but i really needed some help with custumizing stickers, stencils and some other stuff that i cant make it work...

If I could use my own stickers and stencils i could do so much better...
If someone is wiling to help me out in msn or so pm me. Tks in advance. :thumbsup:
AKA Revnant

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Re: Some skins using default stuff..

Post by Gording » 07 Jul 2008 01:06

Same question across multiple threads isn't really fair, but just in case you lost your previous question thread :
onejive wrote:The small tutorial showed here in the foum doesnt work.
did everything as the tutorial said... saved it with the right formats, etc.
There is a rule to follow with any software : KISS "Keep It Simple, Stupid!"

By adding a plug-in to an already complicated application, you only increase the complexity, and also increase your chances of getting it wrong!

What you need is simple, and can be found on the interweb (and thousands of answers on this forum!), and is only a web search away : DXTBMP.

It can finalise both your coloured image and it's alpha channel image, into the proper format for a working sticker. After a couple of minutes you can get an effect like this :

All you need is your coloured logos etc. which has letters in a white background :

And of course the alpha channel. Now we don't need to here for the thousandth time from people who say they can't understand what the alpha channel does, or how to use their own application (use your application HELP you lazy lot!) you really don't have to understand, you just have to follow the example, and experiment! I basically made the image negative, and turned down the saturation to zero, to blank out the colour, and then reduced to 256 colours. But you can do it as simple and quickly, or as long winded and arty farty as you feel. :mrgreen:

Any parts of the alpha channel image that are 100% black, become completely transparent in the coloured image. It's really simple and takes a few minutes....as long as you remember : KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID! :roflol:

Here's a screen shot of DXTBMP at work, and showing how to save :

Save as "Sticker.TGA" and put that and it's 128x128 DXT5 icon, which DXTBMP can also make just as quickly) into it's own specific stickers folder. Again there are plenty of pre-made Nadeo stickers to show you how this is done if anyone is confused by logic and simplicity.

onejive
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Manialink(s): NA

Post by onejive » 07 Jul 2008 09:11

Sorry about my threads but i really did kinda lost track of it since were not geting that much posts in the forum. :P

And about the help... dam! That makes sence! xD Tks a lot bro... im gonna try it asap! :)
AKA Revnant

{USI}KNIGHT
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by {USI}KNIGHT » 08 Jul 2008 04:08

Nice cars! :thumbsup:

onejive
happy cruiser
happy cruiser