Car skins

Find here all the Skins of the Community. For more Skins you can go on Carpark : http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/

Moderator: TM-Patrol

bear94
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMF

Car skins

Post by bear94 » 30 Jun 2008 22:30

Hi guys, this is my first time and post on the forums so excuse me if this has already been talked about.

I have downloaded a car skin, and i am no sure which file to extract it to. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Also could you please tell me how to change my name color.

QuakerUK
pedestrian
pedestrian

Re: Car skins

Post by QuakerUK » 02 Jul 2008 02:11

You don't unzip car skins just stick em in here

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\TrackMania\Skins\Vehicles\CarCommon

If the folders don't exist just create them

As far as changing your name is concerned check this link:-

http://en.tm-wiki.org/wiki/Nickname_Formatting

Just a word of warning all these type of questions have been asked before, try using the search function in future.

bear94
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by bear94 » 05 Jul 2008 21:36

man, i have done everything. Created the car common file and put it in there. It doesn't show up in game. I bought one in game using my coppers and i cant use it. can you please link me to some topic that can help me. I have been looking

eduardische
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by eduardische » 05 Jul 2008 22:52

Hope you didn't created the folder "Owner" in "Documents and Settings". :) And about the manialinks, maybe you have bought a 1-enviroment model, which you can use in 1 enviroment (because then they're placed in different folder).

MuLoO
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMU-F
Manialink(s): muloo

Post by MuLoO » 07 Jul 2008 10:56

why spend coppers when there is carpark
Click the image to join The Power System server
Imagecolor>
Sponsored by Playfaster.net

Xfire: muloo
Burn rubber, not your soul !

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: All

Post by Trackmaniack » 28 Jul 2008 16:31

Wait a sec. Did you install TM to the default directory? Stupid, I know, but the game won't recognize ANYTHING if you don't install it in the default directory.
Cruisin' through life, TM-Style!

liplby
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by liplby » 29 Jul 2008 00:34

Just go to My Documents/ Trackmania/ Skins/ Vehicles/ CarCommon.

DO NOT!! I Repeat! DO NOT!! Go into My Computer Local disc (C) etc.

Write back if helps... :thumbsup:

the_street_racr7564
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMNF TMSx

Post by the_street_racr7564 » 30 Jul 2008 21:02

bear94 wrote:Hi guys, this is my first time and post on the forums so excuse me if this has already been talked about.

I have downloaded a car skin, and i am no sure which file to extract it to. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Also could you please tell me how to change my name color.
just download EasyTM from here: http://www.tmup-links.org/download/EasyTM.php then just go to http://www.trackmania-carpark.com and use the TMUP buttons next to the cars you want, and to change your name color use EasyTM>External Toools>Funny Nick...its easy to use and you will learn quickly
CHECK OUT MY SERVER ;)! ITS CALLED =TWON= Wind Tunnel. Email me any track you want added or a request to join =TWON= (=The Wind Of The Night=) at dingdongdriver@gmail.com ;)!
Now that that's over...BACK TO POSTING!! :roflol:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 31 Jul 2008 17:02

Trackmaniack wrote:Wait a sec. Did you install TM to the default directory? Stupid, I know, but the game won't recognize ANYTHING if you don't install it in the default directory.
That's not true at all, I've never installed any TM in the default directory, and have no such problems.

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Trackmaniack » 01 Aug 2008 18:18

Hmm...Well, the only time that has worked for me is with TMN and below....TMU and above don't recognize my tracks or skins or replays unless they're in the default directory....do you think Vista would have anything to do with it?

Gording
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMNF, TMUF

Post by Gording » 02 Aug 2008 11:18

Trackmaniack wrote:Wait a sec. Did you install TM to the default directory?
No. I'm with Zooz on this one. I've got TM installed to drives E & F, and in games folders, and TMS (demo), TMS, TMSX, TMN, TMNF, TMU, and TMUF have never had trouble recognising where they are installed, and where their files are. After all that's what the windows registry is for. Applications read where they are installed from and to, and where the files they use are stored, on whatever drive and folder structure. Of course I don't uses Winblows Crapista myself...so you're on your own using an OS that TM doesn't quite work with! :shock:

Now to get back on thread topic.

How to find where your TM locates it's car zips :

1. Use the TM game launcher for your own game
2. Click on the "Help" button
3. Click the "Custom Data" button
4. Click the "Car Skins" button

Winblows Exploder will now pop open the correct location used for it's Vehicle zips. Notice all the car environments there, as each uses it's own car type. If you use different game versions and launchers, you'll find Winblows Exploder opening different folder locations. You must place the whole car zip into the valid folder and environment you wish to use the Vehicle for.

Also remember that all cars zips will not by default work with all game versions, and environments. Check the car you are trying to use (most have a Readme in their zip) to see if it's valid for the game your are using.

And yes, the forum SEARCH does work. :roflol:

Trackmaniack
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by Trackmaniack » 04 Aug 2008 14:53

Oh now, come on....Vista really isn't THAT bad....the only problem I've seen is when Vista combines with Dell...now that deserves the title of Winblows. But Vista and Compaq works quite well....I haven't seen a single glitch with my parents' Vista Compaq...

Mac Matrix
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)

Post by Mac Matrix » 07 Aug 2008 14:36

Trackmaniack wrote:Oh now, come on....Vista really isn't THAT bad....the only problem I've seen is when Vista combines with Dell...now that deserves the title of Winblows. But Vista and Compaq works quite well....I haven't seen a single glitch with my parents' Vista Compaq...
Vista is the worst operating system since Windows ME. I can't go one day without my laptop hanging, or the sound card breaking, or something deleting itself, or 5GB of hard disk space magically disappearing.

*apologises for offtopic, but he can't really make a further constructive comment in relation to the topic query, as said constructive comments have already been spoken and he will have nothing unique or different to point out*

edit

Vista shouldn't really have any problems with TM as, by default, TMNF and TMUF's custom directories are placed in the Documents folder, where Vista's UAC isn't used. So if the guy downloaded a car from a manialink, all he should have to do is restart the game at the most... there's my on-topic constructive comment. ><
System Specs

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze