Discuss general specifics about Trackmania Wii, the Trackmania flavor for Nintendo's Wii console.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

gabberssmurf
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: wii

Post by gabberssmurf » 03 Jan 2011 21:12

if i go to multiplayer and search for other players it just keeps searching but find no one ? is it just me or is realy no one playing it online?

i found 8 files to download in dlc map

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Re: online

Post by »Enryx« » 04 Jan 2011 10:27

I never find players online too.

gabberssmurf
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by gabberssmurf » 04 Jan 2011 12:33

its realy weird

pobmaestro
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMUF, TMWii

Post by pobmaestro » 04 Jan 2011 17:53

I encountered this soon after release as well. You need a bit of luck as you can only start a race if someone happens to be searching for a race at the same time as you, and the fewer players racing online = less chance of meeting someone to play against. Sadly I think that the userbase is probably dying away...the online mode was doomed from the start in my opinion when they didn't included browsable servers like on the PC.

gabberssmurf
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by gabberssmurf » 05 Jan 2011 02:44

well u can't choose a channel on cod either but still those mp's are alive

Matroos
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: Trackmania for Wii

Post by Matroos » 05 Jan 2011 11:14

Same here. Hard to find players. I hope when the game comes out in the USA as well that online mode will be more crowded and many more players will find their way online.

Sometimes after 15 minutes of wait you get on opponant. Not as much fun as 6 players

pobmaestro
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by pobmaestro » 05 Jan 2011 20:54

Matroos wrote:Same here. Hard to find players. I hope when the game comes out in the USA as well that online mode will be more crowded and many more players will find their way online.

Sometimes after 15 minutes of wait you get on opponant. Not as much fun as 6 players
Yeah I wish they would hurry up with that US release already, always seems to get delayed month after month.

I've only ever raced online against one other player before and when they get beat once or twice they leave :(

gabberssmurf
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by gabberssmurf » 05 Jan 2011 23:02

we should add eachother on the friend list :P shoud be mutch easyer to see who is playing :D

Ranta-V
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMWii

Post by Ranta-V » 06 Jan 2011 15:51

The problem is that you can't join a race. If the game would send you to any race that is on the little number of players wouldn't be such a problem.

Now you will have to wait in the menu that other players are looking for a race in the same time... then if you want there to be 4 players or more the other people get tired of waiting and leave. Then you start with 3 players and soon they both leave. Then you have to start the whole process all over again.

I'm pretty angry at nadeo that they released this game with this kind of sucky multiplayer concept. I dont think that it's even possible to release a patch for a Wii game but if it is that is the least nadeo could do.

I just want to play online is that too much to ask?

pobmaestro
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by pobmaestro » 06 Jan 2011 16:53

Ranta-V wrote:The problem is that you can't join a race. If the game would send you to any race that is on the little number of players wouldn't be such a problem.

Now you will have to wait in the menu that other players are looking for a race in the same time... then if you want there to be 4 players or more the other people get tired of waiting and leave. Then you start with 3 players and soon they both leave. Then you have to start the whole process all over again.

I'm pretty angry at nadeo that they released this game with this kind of sucky multiplayer concept. I dont think that it's even possible to release a patch for a Wii game but if it is that is the least nadeo could do.

I just want to play online is that too much to ask?
Firebrand developed the Wii and DS versions of Trackmania, not Nadeo (Nadeo is mentioned in the start-up of the game, but that is probably just because they invented the concept.

Maybe there will be an improved Trackmania Wii 2 someday, (bearing in mind Trackmania DS 1 had no multiplayer at all), but it is indeed a shame that the current Trackmania Wii is so restricted (which will put players off in the long term).

gabberssmurf
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by gabberssmurf » 07 Jan 2011 15:47

well tm2 for pc is coming so maybe wii release aswell ( well this release is more like tm united :S )

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Post by »Enryx« » 07 Jan 2011 16:43

Anyway, talking about the online multiplayer mode, it's the same as Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing one, but on that game races are always with 5-6 players so... I simply think that less ppl play tmwii online...