top10 online - fake position 1 and 2

Discuss general specifics about Trackmania Wii, the Trackmania flavor for Nintendo's Wii console.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Matroos
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: Trackmania for Wii

top10 online - fake position 1 and 2

Post by Matroos » 01 Jan 2011 16:54

Why are there 2 fakes in the online top 10 with those 99999 scores? can't they be deleted from the list?

If they can mess up the ranking system, many more will follow

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMF TMWii TM²C/S

Re: top10 online - fake position 1 and 2

Post by »Enryx« » 02 Jan 2011 18:17

Even if Nintendo (Nadeo?) deletes them, they'll come back. I know how cheats work on the wii (I use cheats, not on TrackMania btw), they can simply activate the code again and they'll be back at that position. Unfair, but that's it.

Matroos
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: Trackmania for Wii

Post by Matroos » 05 Jan 2011 11:07

did not know it was that easy to "hack" this.

Still... it stops the fun if more of those come and players hard working for their stats never can reach the number 1 position.

Ranking not most important ofcourse. But simply would like to see it solved. That is all

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by »Enryx« » 05 Jan 2011 12:29

Yeah, it's a bit easy to hack in every racing game (taking Mario Kart Wii for example, top10's are spammed by cheaters with times like 0:00.078)...

Ranta-V
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMWii

Post by Ranta-V » 06 Jan 2011 15:45

I don't consider those two cheated points as a problem. I've been just ignoring them and the problem is solved. It would be cool though if Nadeo deleted those scores but they don't seem to show any kind of interest towards the wii version anyway.

There's the same problem in Goldeneye Wii, but who cares as long as the whole scoreboard is not ruined by cheaters.
»Enryx« wrote:(I use cheats, not on TrackMania btw)
So you're not any better than those who cheat in trackmania. Thanks for telling us that you're an idiot.

I don't understand why people want to ruin the gaming experience for other people and for themselves. I used to cheat in singleplayer PC-games when I was little but soon realized that it takes all the fun out of the game. I've never even tried the multiplayer cheats because thats just plain pathetic.

»Enryx«
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by »Enryx« » 06 Jan 2011 16:32

Ranta-V wrote:
»Enryx« wrote:(I use cheats, not on TrackMania btw)
So you're not any better than those who cheat in trackmania. Thanks for telling us that you're an idiot.
Haha